Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929528 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7290 on: December 05, 2016, 07:21:38 am »

It can be done well, I think. Asura's Wrath comes to mind.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: December 05, 2016, 08:22:14 am »

I wish that there was a game similar to Long Live the Queen but if you get through to the end of it without dying you get to play a grand strategy game ŕ la Crusader Kings II and have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7292 on: December 05, 2016, 10:48:16 am »

I wish that there was a game similar to Long Live the Queen but if you get through to the end of it without dying you get to play a grand strategy game ŕ la Crusader Kings II and have to deal with the consequences of your actions.
Go play Long Live the Queen and when it's over go play a CK2 game based on what you did in LLtQ.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: December 05, 2016, 06:54:17 pm »

I wish Space Rangers 3 existed.

Or, to suit my tastes even better, a real-time space-sim 100% inspired in Space Rangers with some empire-building elements in it, with rival AI that can do the same stuff you can.
SPAZ 2 is a little bit like that, I finished the first alpha release but didn't really like the combat, visuals, or anything other than the strategic map and strategic AI, really.

If only No Man's Sky was moddable, people would probably be modding that.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: December 08, 2016, 12:46:44 am »

I thought of something recently, and made me wonder..
Does there exist a Japanese game, that isn't anime/manga inspired at all? By that I mean visually.
It's not that I don't like the anime style, I am just wondering if such a thing exists.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: December 08, 2016, 02:17:23 am »

Dark Souls and Bloodborne have only occasional twinges of anime-ness. Otherwise they have a pretty different aesthetic.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7296 on: December 08, 2016, 02:27:15 am »

Yeah, the animeness tends mostly to be snark about the huge weapons.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: December 08, 2016, 02:51:34 am »

Also Metal Gear Solid in terms of the visual. The writing however...
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: December 08, 2016, 05:05:29 am »

Also Metal Gear Solid in terms of the visual.

I would agree, but some of the character designs seem to be a bit.. on the bishie side. Which I tend to connect with anime and such.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:07:22 am by Ultimuh »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: December 08, 2016, 07:17:22 am »

Silent Hill is pretty low on the anime scale.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: December 08, 2016, 11:20:07 am »

Also Metal Gear Solid in terms of the visual.

I would agree, but some of the character designs seem to be a bit.. on the bishie side. Which I tend to connect with anime and such.

If you can get over some admittedly bishie side characters most of the main/important cast (except Raiden, you beautiful disaster, you) are pretty gritty looking and down-to-earth.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: December 08, 2016, 11:10:35 pm »

Raiden is fucking fabulous, and all the haters are just jealous.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: December 09, 2016, 09:46:15 pm »

Raiden is fucking fabulous, and all the haters are just jealous.
I genuinely like Raiden as a character and a design
fight me
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: December 10, 2016, 02:20:56 am »

I want a universal simulator game, with Aurora levels of detail, with civilisations rising and falling and warring and loving and doing all sorts of cool, simulated shit. The player's only real function, is to press the reset button at the centre of the universe, which will wipe out all organic life and leave every planet, machine, and star intact, allowing for new life to rise again. New species and new cycles of civilisations will grow, and be influenced by the wrecks and husks and dead planets left by beings that clearly existed, but no longer do.

As your game goes on, each cycle of the universe starts learning faster and faster as more and more evidence piles up that SOMETHING wiped out life on planet after planet, over and over again. You can't press the reset button continuously, you have a cool down of say, 100 million years. If a civilisation manages to reach the centre and dismantles your Universe-Cleanser device before you can re-press the Reset button, you LOSE/WIN, depending on how you look at it.

In the interim period, the "cleansed" period of the universe where your existence scanning capabilities detect no life, the game turns into a bit of a god simulator, allowing you to reshape planets, star systems, reallocate resources to ensure certain sorts of life grow here and not there, that sort of stuff, all in preparation for the next cycle. Do this while there's intelligent running around, and your chances of being discovered as the puppet master behind reality rises drastically.

Sentient AI machine-life would be interesting in this game, as you would have no direct way to destroy them, but to balance that out, most organic life develops very strong prejudices against synthetic life, causing wars to erupt between the two states of life constantly. So, if your really want to strategise, you would encourage as much organic life to exist as possible, to war against and wipe out the less expansionistic and slower reproducing machines.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: December 10, 2016, 05:41:51 pm »

Probably just because of my shit graphics card (which technically isn't as it's Intel Integrated Graphics), but I'd like to have more games where visuals aren't emphasized.

There are probably a few like that, but apparently my toaster is lacking in a long list of other areas as well.
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 577