Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926962 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7455 on: May 11, 2017, 02:26:21 pm »

I once imagined a game where you play an off-site troop commander and have to make decisions based on radio reports and satellite photos. You wouldn't have real-time information and instead have to update a physical map as reports come in. The thing is I have no idea if this would be fun or just frustrating

I remember watching a lot of ads about a wargame that was all about fooling the opponent, I don't think you actually updated the map manually but was filled with lots of misinformation, like, if the enemy had lots of stealth units or if he had spies bribing your guys into reporting wrong things, it looked like a naval RTS where you never knew if the units moving existed or not... but I can't remember the name of the damn game.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: May 11, 2017, 03:59:14 pm »

There was an old xbox arcade game where you played as a monster in a dark cave, and indeed, the entire screen was black. You had to eat people based on sound, and it was pretty fun if I recall.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7457 on: May 11, 2017, 04:08:20 pm »

My old wargaming club used to occasionally run massive events with a huge WW1/2 table set up in one room, and generals in two different rooms. I can't remember the details, but apparently it was fun.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: May 11, 2017, 04:15:00 pm »

you never knew if the units moving existed or not...
I am pretty sure that this is definitely not what you are thinking of, but that line reminded me of Achron. Achron as in "divorced from chronology" as opposed to "Archon" which is completely different... But while that can feature misinformation, it is of a different form than bribes and spies and stealth...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: May 11, 2017, 05:06:51 pm »

There was an old xbox arcade game where you played as a monster in a dark cave, and indeed, the entire screen was black. You had to eat people based on sound, and it was pretty fun if I recall.
Evil-Dog Productions has a flash game called "The Blind Swordsman", which is exactly what it sounds like - you have to hear where your enemies are.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: May 11, 2017, 06:53:47 pm »

you never knew if the units moving existed or not...
I am pretty sure that this is definitely not what you are thinking of, but that line reminded me of Achron. Achron as in "divorced from chronology" as opposed to "Archon" which is completely different... But while that can feature misinformation, it is of a different form than bribes and spies and stealth...

The game had a really obvious name like "deception", and the ad was like those crappy ads for freemium mobile games that feature real people sitting at a table and making 3d sprites pop out of thin air and exploding the room. It probably was a crappy freemium mobile game, I'm not sure, might have been a decent console game instead.

EDIT: Nevermind, the game was called R.U.S.E. and the ad was all over big review sites actually, never played it myself so I don't know if it's crap or good, but there's some component of confusion and deceit (that or the trailer was lying, which would be ironic I guess). Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohNzHWL7FI
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 07:00:45 pm by Sergius »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7461 on: May 11, 2017, 07:44:14 pm »

RUSE was OK. I played it with a controller so I didn't really get the full experience.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: May 12, 2017, 08:53:28 am »

I wish there was a colony sim game set in a post apocalyptic setting instead of sci-fi or fantasy.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7463 on: May 12, 2017, 08:59:55 am »

I wish there was a colony sim game set in a post apocalyptic setting instead of sci-fi or fantasy.
Rebuild?

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: May 12, 2017, 09:31:40 am »

Rebuild?
Played it, quickly got bored of the game due to how of how repetitiveness it was. I was looking for something similar to DF or Rimworld.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: May 12, 2017, 09:49:40 am »

Atomic Society is absolutely 100% what you were looking for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161984.0

Nice devs as well, who seem to have some good ideas.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7466 on: May 12, 2017, 09:56:36 am »

Played it, quickly got bored of the game due to how of how repetitiveness it was.
Yeah, me too.

Atomic Society is absolutely 100% what you were looking for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161984.0

Nice devs as well, who seem to have some good ideas.
Wow, I really dislike the character art. Everything else looks pretty OK though.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: May 12, 2017, 10:11:11 am »

Wow, I really dislike the character art. Everything else looks pretty OK though.

Meh, I don't think it's too bad - it's pretty functional and a lot better than the current 'pawns' system most colony sims seem to have. It's only an issue if somehow it manages to be a massive resource hog even though the graphics are pretty basic.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #7468 on: May 21, 2017, 12:24:16 pm »

Strange Aeons

An MMORPG kind of like GTA except you play as a newly awakened eldritch abomination in a big city who can possess procedurally generated NPCs.  You have to gain power by eating souls while keeping the paranormal security off your back.  Also you can hijack vehicles with the body you are hijacking.

You start out only able to influence people slightly, but as you grow in power, your ability to control them increases and you can even extend your will to control large groups of people, sort of like Pikmin, except they're mobs of insane cultists.

When you get strong enough you can use special powers like giving your host the ability to fly or manifest spectral tentacles, but this can cause your host's body to deteriorate and eventually die.  At this point you can start to manifest your own physical body but this burns out your energy faster and of course makes it harder to elude the Ghostbusters.

NPCs can speak gibberish like the Sims to help with immersion and make it seem more like the perspective of an alien.  NPCs can also have different natural stats and abilities, so you would want to have the right host for whatever you are trying to do.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: May 21, 2017, 12:37:11 pm »

Now I'm imagining ghost cthulu pulling someone's soul out of their body with the exact same animation as GTA carjacking.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 577