Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Let's Play: Pool of Radiance, with no fourth wall  (Read 85257 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Let's Play: Pool of Radiance, with no fourth wall
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2011, 01:49:56 pm »

How about I start existing?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2011, 06:23:38 pm »

If its any consolation, I'm not existing at the moment as well.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2011, 10:56:29 pm »

: I agree that reclaiming the Cathedral is a top priority. We cannot allow monsters to despoil hallowed ground unopposed.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2011, 01:04:28 am »

: I agree. I'm not going to leave all the fun of despoiling hallowed ground to a group of insignificant monsters!
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2011, 01:59:46 am »

: Hello everyone. Kyon isn't available right now, so I thought I'd take a few minutes to respond to the thread on his behalf.

: An' why should we trust a lily-livered dragon like you?

: Lily-livered? Why, Gimli...lillies are so pretty! That's very sweet of you. :)

: Restoration spells to restore levels lost to the undead power drain

: Yes, thing is that Raynor lost two levels and is presently 3600/4000 xp towards level 3. Restoration in this version only restores one lost level and puts you at the minimum value requires to qualify for that level, and multiple uses of restoration don't stack. So basically, restoration will give him 401 xp.

: That's better than than nothing.

:  You're right, of course. I'll ask Kyon to check to see if the party has any restoration scrolls. You might. I'm pretty sure I saw you loot some clerical scrolls at some point.

: ...you've been spying on us?

: Awww...don't put it like that. :( You wouldn't begrudge a sweet, innocent, cuddly and lovable dragon who incidentally has sharp, pointy teeth and could squash you like a bug a little magical scrying, would you?

: How about I start existing?

:  Now that Jack's gone, it's quite probable that you'll be returning soon.

: If its any consolation, I'm not existing at the moment as well.

: I'm guessing that in order to make the time loop stable, the other instance of you probably wanted to make sure you left before he returned. It's difficult for me to say. My perspective of time is somewhat different than yours, but that's what I'd guess you were probably thinking.

I advise both the two of you to vote, as I suspect that you'll be returning shortly.

: I agree that reclaiming the Cathedral is a top priority. We cannot allow monsters to despoil hallowed ground unopposed.

: Aww, Sturm...you're so cute. :) A bit naive perhaps, but cute. Whatever you decide to do, I can only recommend caution at this point. You're over halfway through the game, and the quests will start being more difficult at this point.

: I agree. I'm not going to leave all the fun of despoiling hallowed ground to a group of insignificant monsters!

: Hmm. I could use a demon like you. I don't suppose you'd be open to recruitment as an undercover operative?

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2011, 03:52:33 am »

: Hmm. I could use a demon like you. I don't suppose you'd be open to recruitment as an undercover operative?
: I have a better idea, you could start kneeling in submission to my rule. I'm an Overlord, not some lowly vassal! I'm the one who does the recruiting around here.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2011, 04:00:29 am »

: The city's water supply is the immediate priority and that temple sounds interesting.

I wonder what traits a non-human base entity capable of speech would possess...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2011, 04:08:05 am »

: I have a better idea, you could start kneeling in submission to my rule.
I'm an Overlord, not some lowly vassal! I'm the one who does the recruiting around here.

: *sigh* I figured as much. Do you have any idea how difficult it to to get good help these days? Do you realize I give free dental benefits to my minions? Did you know my standard contract conveys 50% the value of minion retirement pensions to immediate family in the event of work-related death while on the job? Yet even so, 90% of my recruits are orcs or kobolds who can barely follow orders. I've tried directly recruiting more competent contractors, but invariably they send back conceited little memos about how they don't take jobs unless they get to be in charge.

*sniff*

I think I need a hug.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2011, 11:15:40 pm »

Aww, come here, big fella.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2011, 03:36:13 pm »

: "I'm torn between the cathedral and graveyard. On one hand, the hordes of undead are more threatening to the populace. On the other, a holy place may have something to help us drive them off.
I think reclaiming the cathedral is the better option right now."

: "Oh my Gog I'm so sorry guys.
I've had an unexpected move, and I've been without computer or interwebs since September. I'll probably be back to internet-less-ness in a day or two, so don't count on me to speak for Jim.
Again, I'm sorry I just up and disappeared like that."

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2011, 04:29:52 pm »

If its any consolation, I'm not existing at the moment as well.
Non-existing buddies!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2011, 07:17:36 pm »

Lets just assume we're busy non-existing at an upper class something or other some time in the past. I managed to get us in for free, obviously.

Gambling, women, booze... who knows! As long as we don't exist, the possibilities are endless!

Phenixmirage

• Bay Watcher
  • Weak vs. Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2011, 10:30:26 am »

Man, the non-existant get all the fun. Where's our upper class booze and gambling? Damn reality. :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2011, 07:02:16 pm »

OnO

Phenixmirage

• Bay Watcher
  • Weak vs. Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2011, 09:34:47 am »

This can be a tough time of year, with finals approaching (for those in school) and the holidays and everything. I'm going to hope the LP is merely on hiatus. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13