Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407854 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #690 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:13 pm »

Can someone do a better guide of the tyletypes command? I saw peterixs examples way back in september but this thing is really confusing.

Allow me!

Okay, so you've got DF and DFHack running. In your DFHack console, the first thing to do is enter the tiletypes mode by entering tiletypes [Press Enter]
Now type Help. [Press Enter]

You see two lists here: the Commands and the Options. Whenever you use this program, you always begin a sentence with a Command, followed by an Option, and then finally you specify the value of the Option.

When you enter a full command, you're simply changing the setup of the tool: actually executing the tool occurs by tabbing into DF, using the 'k' menu to hover over a tile, and then tabbing back to DFHack and hitting [Enter]. Or, if you already have a square targetted in DF, you just hit [Enter] again to commit the changes.

So let's make an example to show you how this works.

Your miners just hit an aquifer. Water is gushing down the passageways of your newly dug fort, and you face the prospect of losing hours of hard designation and digging work. You need to plug this hole.

Command:
paint shape wall [Enter]
You've just told the tool that you want to paint tiles of type 'wall'. Do you see how DFHack is displaying your current settings? It says "Filter: any / Paint: WALL / brush: point".
You head over to DF, 'k' over the leaking space, and then hit [Enter] in DFHack. The tile has become a pillar. Whoops. What went wrong?

Command:
paint special normal [Enter]
Now it says "Paint: Normal Wall". That's better. So 'shape' appears to be a broad category of tile types, and 'special' changes some specific properties. 'material' will let you specify what kind of wall it is.

Command:
paint material stone [Enter]
Now it says "Paint: Normal Stone Wall". See how this works? If you're still 'k' over the target square, all you need to do is hit [Enter] again to apply the change. Now look at DF: the tile has become an undug wall of stone. If you didn't specify a material type, it will revert to being an undug wall of whatever it's original type is.

To 'unselect' any option you didn't want to change, change that option's value to "None".

All those other options work in the same way:
paint hidden 0 -- 1 is hidden, 0 is unhidden
Output: "Paint: Normal Stone Wall Visible"

Etc.

The Filter command works using the same syntax as above. It's useful if you're using DFHack to change a big area of tiles, rather than 1 at a time. Filtering types of tiles will stop your painting commands from affecting those tiles.

Change a big area? How? With these commands: Point, Range, Block and Column. Range works a bit differently from the others. Simply type Range and hit [Enter], and DFHack will ask you the necessary dimensions. Do note, however, that the affected area doesn't spread outwards from the targetted tile- rather, it will spread down and right. So just make sure you 'k' target the top-leftmost tile of the range you wish to see affected. I have not tested what Block and Column do, so I can't offer an explanation of those at this time. Sorry!

Hope this helps a bit. That example was a personal one, btw. ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:55:09 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 01, 2012, 10:22:35 pm »

so if I wanted to paint adamantine?

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.03 r1
« Reply #692 on: March 01, 2012, 10:31:56 pm »

Something that put ghost to rest or discover missing dead people so that I can put them to rest with engraved slabs would be nice.

This would be remarkably useful. I'm not confident toady will resolve this anytime soon - and lacking runesmith i have no other method of exorcising the unslabbable.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #693 on: March 01, 2012, 10:43:41 pm »

so if I wanted to paint adamantine?
I don't believe that's fully possible with the current tiletypes tool - raw adamantine is a "map feature" stone, so it can only be placed where an appropriate map feature (i.e. adamantine tube) is already present. You could certainly paint adamantine tiles within an existing tube e.g. after mining out part of it (just as the "tubefill" tool does), but you can't go placing it wherever you want on the map or you'll just get "Unknown material" walls.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 01, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »

Actually, could veinchange be used to change a mineral deposit into adamantine?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 01, 2012, 11:02:31 pm »

I don't know if it matters, but adamantine isn't recognized under a vdig command, or vein dig command.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 01, 2012, 11:27:06 pm »

Probably because it would be a little too easy to avoid breaching if you could.  :P
Memento Mori

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 02, 2012, 01:10:52 am »

I don't know if it matters, but adamantine isn't recognized under a vdig command, or vein dig command.

Yeah, I would say changevein can't change to adamantine since vdig doesn't recognize it as a vein material, it seems to function differently that other veins (particularly the whole multi z-level thing that no other vein in the game does yet).
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 02, 2012, 01:37:27 am »

TYVM Moogie. Could you give me one more example? What if i wanted to change an area to cave floor or grass/dirt floor what would I input for those 2? I basically want to dig down to a a cave level and mine it out and make the entire level one giant forest underground but once i mine out the rocks the cave grass or whatever never grows back. Again ty for the help. I understand the functions pretty well It's just I don't know what materials I can enter into it.

I've been using the liquids function a lot lately and it works perfectly EXCEPT when you designate an area of obsidian walls to be formed in water. For some reason I can dig down to them and carve staircases but the area I have designated to mine doesnt seem to be a valid area for my dwarves to work on. I really don't think I'm overlooking something but it could be, it took me a while to wrap my head around the stair/floor/carving dynamics

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 02, 2012, 01:40:22 am »

Not sure if this is relevant, but if you put something like:

[ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_ONE:10]

into the raw entry for Raw Adamantine, you can get it in the "normal stone" way as well as in the tubes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:41:56 am by Nice Save »

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #700 on: March 02, 2012, 02:37:25 am »

I've been using the liquids function a lot lately and it works perfectly EXCEPT when you designate an area of obsidian walls to be formed in water. For some reason I can dig down to them and carve staircases but the area I have designated to mine doesnt seem to be a valid area for my dwarves to work on.

It looks like liquids doesn't clear the "dangerous terrain" flag (called "flow_forbid" in DFHack) when it removes the water from the tiles, so DF continues to treat the area as off-limits.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 02, 2012, 03:36:23 am »

I do not know if I should post this here or in your bug reports thread, however the df2minecraft function does not work. Is this a legacy feature that has been removed?
When ever I try and use it, I get the message "df2minecraft is not a recognized command". I have downloaded the file multiple times so it is not an issue of a bugged download.
I'm running windows 7x64.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 02, 2012, 04:06:55 am »

DFHack for DF 0.34.03 and 0.34.04 (Current):
Windows version (with Stonesense)
Linux version (with Stonesense)

What's new:
  • Support for 34.04 and 34.03. DO NOT USE WITH 34.02!
  • Still no DFusion and DF2Minecraft.
  • Some new, exciting plugins:
    • Changing mineral vein materials(changevein)
    • Listing party equip in adventure mode (advtools)
    • Taking control over your companions as if they were you (adv-bodyswap).
  • Random minor fixes...

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r8 (current)
« Reply #703 on: March 02, 2012, 10:38:46 am »

I am sure i am talking about the very same problem, which i encountered intensively using workflow - each added job in workflow substracted about 5 FPS, so now the game is very slow... and i DEFINITELY do not want to give up on such a useful feature =)

The computation in workflow is already supposed to happen only twice per in-game DAY, i.e. once per 600 frames. Please check if 'workflow disable' actually help anything, and if so, upload a savegame so that I can test it with your exact set of jobs. If disabling doesn't help, then this must be something else.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #704 on: March 02, 2012, 10:42:13 am »

Actually, could veinchange be used to change a mineral deposit into adamantine?
Certainly - just specify RAW_ADAMANTINE as the material. You can even change mineral veins into layer stones if you want - all it cares is that it's not soil, metal, or something with [NO_STONE_STOCKPILE] (to filter out plaster and glazes) - I probably need to add an extra bit to filter out evil clouds/rains.

That's because natural adamantine tubes aren't veins (block_square_event_mineralst) - they're local map features (feature_deep_special_tubest).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:44:32 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 373