Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407825 times)

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4185 on: June 27, 2013, 02:29:37 pm »

I looked and was unable to find a settings file.  I would like to turn off mousequery track so I don't have to do it every time I load the game.  Thanks in advance.

PoB

The mouse plugin thread is the home of talking about mousequery and its options.  dwarf fortress/dfhack.init is used to change the default options.  you might be looking for something like this:
Code: (add to dfhack.init) [Select]
mousequery track disable

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: June 27, 2013, 06:56:42 pm »

Is there a way of getting DFHack to run invisibly in the background, with no console window? This would allow people to use the patch features of DFHack without the cheat features being available. Sometimes it's hard for me to resist the urge to fiddle around instead of doing things 'properly'.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4187 on: June 27, 2013, 08:07:06 pm »

Is there a way of getting DFHack to run invisibly in the background, with no console window? This would allow people to use the patch features of DFHack without the cheat features being available. Sometimes it's hard for me to resist the urge to fiddle around instead of doing things 'properly'.
On Linux, running DF with [PRINT_MODE:TEXT] will prevent DFHack from being able to use the console (because it can't just create a new one), but on Windows there's currently no way to do that.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4188 on: June 28, 2013, 12:19:10 am »

I did ask about the possibilities of a water/magma-pump, a workshop that works like a screwpump, with the output of liquid, but without an input. Essentially a workshop that spawns either water or magma in a reaction.

I just wanted to ask if anyone did any work on it. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: June 28, 2013, 01:32:02 am »

You could modify the source of dfhack and recompile.
https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/library/Core.cpp
Starting at line 922 is the code that initializes the console.
Probably not what you wanted. :) 

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: June 28, 2013, 01:41:01 am »

As well as my earlier findings here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4332174#msg4332174 and http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4341092#msg4341092 , I have yet another submission to the df structures:

wound_damage_flags2
unk1 (0x2 or the second flag) is enabled when the wound contact area is equal to or greater than the contact area of the body part (regardless of depth of penetration). I'd name the flag "Entire Surface".
See https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.units.xml#L1069

unit_wound
unk_40 is userdata:12026B28 (or something else) when syndrome_id has contents, such as a creature created with a syndrome in the arena (animated corpse). I don't know what that means, but it looks like an address.
See https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.units.xml#L1152

unit.counters2.unk_59c is the undead hitpoints, counting upwards from 0.
See https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.units.xml#L684
The animated corpse collapses when the undead hitpoints exceed body_size_info area_cur (formerly physical_attr_tissues[2])
See https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.items.xml#L755

What is also awesome about the undead hitpoints is that it appears to provide an objective means of comparing weapons/attacks - a herd of bunnies proved the relationship between the area_cur and unk_59c by increasing unk_59c by 1 per hit on a large animated corpse. A bronze colossus punch added thousands to unk_59c and instantly collapsed the animated corpse. Dwarf punches cause less hitpoint damage than a warhammer etc.

Kebra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: June 28, 2013, 09:35:06 am »

Im having a bit of a problem understanding tiletypes

If i wanted to change a floor to be fertile soil. How would i go about it?

I have tried painting with dark_grass and making it wet. But as soon as a dwarf walks over it, it immediately turns into sand (the previous floor type)

Also, can you paint "air" into fx. a crystal glass block?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4192 on: June 28, 2013, 09:48:47 am »

I did ask about the possibilities of a water/magma-pump, a workshop that works like a screwpump, with the output of liquid, but without an input. Essentially a workshop that spawns either water or magma in a reaction.

I just wanted to ask if anyone did any work on it. :)

Oh, and before I forget it:
1. Portal1 and Portal2 building for manually transfering workers between the two.
2. Renaming of pets. Like the current system for workshops, just for pets. Please, I always wanted to give warpets a fitting name. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: June 28, 2013, 10:11:58 am »

I have tried painting with dark_grass and making it wet. But as soon as a dwarf walks over it, it immediately turns into sand (the previous floor type)

grass is more complicated than just a tiletype. there's also grass structures that describe what grass is growing and how much. Dealing with this is beyond the scope of tiletypes.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: June 28, 2013, 10:13:30 am »

I believe the material you want is SOIL?  It's been a while since I've tried that, but to remove annoyances like rocks that prevent plopping a farm down, I'd paint an area with SOIL material and WALL shape.  Then change the shape to FLOOR and paint it with SOIL again.  There's probably a simpler way, but something like that worked.

The discussion on grass has me doubting it, but I seem to recall this would make the grass eventually grow in those tiles.  It might just be a biome thing where the grass data structures were already in place though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: June 28, 2013, 10:18:43 am »

Isn't sand already fertile soil (at least as DF understands it)?

I don't quite understand the last question. You can paint air but it's mostly useful with shapes EMPTY and RAMP_TOP.

Kebra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: June 28, 2013, 11:05:35 am »

I don't quite understand the last question. You can paint air but it's mostly useful with shapes EMPTY and RAMP_TOP.

What i meant was to paint glass blocks in the air (replace air/empty space with glass blocks).

As for fertility in sand, i get a "yellow" warning that the ground isn't fertile when building farms over surface sand.

I believe the material you want is SOIL?  It's been a while since I've tried that, but to remove annoyances like rocks that prevent plopping a farm down, I'd paint an area with SOIL material and WALL shape.  Then change the shape to FLOOR and paint it with SOIL again.  There's probably a simpler way, but something like that worked.

The discussion on grass has me doubting it, but I seem to recall this would make the grass eventually grow in those tiles.  It might just be a biome thing where the grass data structures were already in place though.
Can you give me an example setup of tiletypes where you got that to work?

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: June 28, 2013, 01:19:50 pm »

What i meant was to paint glass blocks in the air (replace air/empty space with glass blocks).

As for fertility in sand, i get a "yellow" warning that the ground isn't fertile when building farms over surface sand.

You can replace air with walls, however I don't think there's a way to specifically paint glass. Your main choices for walls are soil, stone and mineral and they'll all take an appropriate material from the surrounding area.

The warning on placing above ground farm plots is a well known bug as mention on the farming page.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: June 28, 2013, 02:55:04 pm »

Probably not what you wanted. :)
I was hoping for something you could put in the init file, yes. But this is a way of doing it, at least.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: June 29, 2013, 06:48:13 am »

I just can't figure out how to use DFusion commands like friendship, mirgants and embark expander. How do they work?
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 373