Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550202 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2011, 05:03:22 pm »

The Nerevarine should still be around though. He got clinical immortality from the Corprus disease.

Not that we're going to see him. I think the last anyone heard, the Nerevarine was heading for Akavir or something. And Bethesda can alway pull another Dragon Break to explain any and every inconsistency that the fans dig up. Blowing up the Heart of Lorkhan? Yeah, that sounds like it might splinter time a bit. As could blowing up the mystical magical keystone of the White Gold Tower.

What's up with those mystical magical keystones, anyway? There seems to be kind of grand epic plot spanning all the games, about something to do with some kind of towers. The one the Imperial City was built around for one, and Red Mountain for another. But I really don't know what it's all actually about.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »

Be on the lookout for a tall important thing in Skyrim, perhaps an important mountain or something. It's gonna get blown the heck up by the end of the game.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2011, 05:12:54 pm »

I just saw the trailer advertised in cinema, wow.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2011, 05:17:05 pm »

Be on the lookout for a tall important thing in Skyrim, perhaps an important mountain or something. It's gonna get blown the heck up by the end of the game.

I bet it has something to do with dragons.

For that matter, being so close to High Rock this time, one wonders if they'll bring up the Unknown Hero and the Mantella and the creation of an Orcish state right next door.  Probably not though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2011, 06:21:27 pm »

The Towers and the Stones are the foundation of the world. The home continent of the Redguard was blown to pieces and sunk when they destroyed theirs, it's just a bunch of islands now. Like to point out that the Mantella and the Great Golem (can't remember the name) also were a stone and a tower, even if I can't remember what was what exactly.

Last I visited the lore forums, though, it was hypothized the statue that Emperor-heir (Martin? Can't remember either) became is the new stone of that Tower.

Also, as Duke said, IIRC that big mountain (High Hrothgar? Tooth of the World or something? Memory again ;D) is the Tower of Skyrim. I'm definitely not betting against something happening to it.
Love, scriver~

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2011, 06:24:20 pm »

First half of game: Dragons dragons dragons oh hell a giant one what is it doing OH GOD IT ATE A MOUNTAIN

Second half of game: Everything goes to fuck as a large part of reality shatters sending half the map into a crazyland of unknown physics and beings from another existence. Matter returns to its original form of Aedra and it's your job to piece reality back together again.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »

[Joke]Lolol bethesda doing anything more then generic fantasy storyline not going to happen again lololol[/Joke]

I really hope Beth does do something a bit different this time though. Something like what Duke said, or really anything.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2011, 06:48:00 pm »

After spending a while killing dragons, you face Akatosh himself in an epic boss fight. When you kill him, you are transported back in time to the beginning of the game, and the REAL story starts. You must relive the loop over and over again, while simultaneously memorizing the daily, weekly and monthly schedules of every NPC in the game, until you finally figure out how to become the new God of Time yourself.

And probably fight an evil clone of yourself from an alternate timeline, and wind up retroactively orchestrating the plots of all the previous games.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2011, 06:49:13 pm »

If it wasn't that long, and the plot had changes that rapidly effected it, that would be very fun to play.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2011, 07:45:30 pm »

You must relive the loop over and over again, while simultaneously memorizing the daily, weekly and monthly schedules of every NPC in the game
Like in Zelda: Majora's Mask? It worked well there.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2011, 02:26:29 am »

You must relive the loop over and over again, while simultaneously memorizing the daily, weekly and monthly schedules of every NPC in the game
Like in Zelda: Majora's Mask? It worked well there.
I've heard good stuff about zelda games, mayby I should get one someday.
I spent yesterday to get good mods to oblivion to see if I can relieve interest in it and play it until I get skyrim. I just need monster ai mod and some more graphic tweaking done.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:28:00 am by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2011, 01:44:46 pm »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2011, 03:45:35 pm »

(flame-baiting removed)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:15:32 pm by Toady One »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2011, 03:47:00 pm »

That lizard has breasts.

I don't think there's been a single TES game where they didn't.

Also, in case anyone missed them: Other screenshots of various races
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:59:26 pm by Jehdin »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 896