Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1549960 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2790 on: November 26, 2011, 08:47:23 pm »

well, I'm near the end of the main quest, so I'm going to spoiler the rest of this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: November 26, 2011, 08:48:13 pm »

well, I'm near the end of the main quest, so I'm going to spoiler the rest of this:

You are surprisingly weak. Did you burst through to that part of the game?

Anyhow my suggestion is to Stockpile potions and poisons.

My favorite shrine is the Steed and honestly I am so spoiled by it I NEVER traded it out for anything else.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: November 26, 2011, 08:50:45 pm »

Skyrim also have shrines that can cure "all" diseases (except for two obvious ones).

Yet they obviously cannot be used by anyone else as evident by certain sections.

They need to become protagonists in order to do that kind of thing.

On another note, I always chose the Steed as my birthsign simply because I'm the kind of person that pretty much never uses racial abilities and powers, no idea why.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: November 26, 2011, 09:02:12 pm »

Keep him away from the MacGuffin. He won't actually attack until he reaches it, or so I've read. If you can Shout him away, good deal.

I wouldn't know, though. I've done enough sidequests that I was level 36 or so. He was down with 2-3 flurries with my dual enchanted Daedric swords before he got a chance to attack.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: November 27, 2011, 12:40:37 am »

Does anyone else alt-tab out of the game, then back in again to improve performance? I saw a random post somewhere about someone doing it and I'll say this- Best Performance Tweak(haha) Ever. Doing this stabilizes and nearly triples my frame rate.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: November 27, 2011, 01:22:46 am »

I have awesome performance. You know why? I play on a CONSOLE! Mwahahahahah!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: November 27, 2011, 01:25:40 am »

Please don't try to start a console vs. pc debate, seriously don't do it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: November 27, 2011, 01:29:25 am »

Please don't try to start a console vs. pc debate, seriously don't do it.

Don't worry, just making a little joke. But seriously, the 360 handles Skyrim a lot better than I thought it would.

P.S. Has anyone else seen dragons attack slaughterfish? I was fighting a dragon when it started swooping at a river and breathing fire into it. The slaughterfish it was trying to kill swam off and I had to run after it for 10 minutes before the bloody thing died and I could continue fighting. Its funny though that the dragon would attack the dinky fish instead of the psycho Breton with twin war-axes.  :P

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #2798 on: November 27, 2011, 01:38:30 am »

Still trying to figure out Bethesda's logic with the slaughterfish...
"Let's take away the player's ability to fight when swimming!"
"Yeah"
"And let's add an enemy that is only in the water, can attack a swimming player whilst they have no means to defend themselves and is a complete bitch to hit from the surface!!!"
"FUCK YEaaaaa....wait, whaat?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: November 27, 2011, 01:41:16 am »

Still trying to figure out Bethesda's logic with the slaughterfish...
"Let's take away the player's ability to fight when swimming!"
"Yeah"
"And let's add an enemy that is only in the water, can attack a swimming player whilst they have no means to defend themselves and is a complete bitch to hit from the surface!!!"
"FUCK YEaaaaa....wait, whaat?"
Quite realistic though. Have YOU tried fighting underwater, or hitting a fish from above the surface? Takes a lot of skill.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: November 27, 2011, 01:44:29 am »

Well, it is a sword that makes undead explode. It's Deadra was the Deadra of light and dusk or dawn I think.

Dawnblade or something like that.

Not all that useful

Dawnbreaker, and it's from Meridia, who I had never heard of before before I found her orb in a chest. Naturally, the first thing I tried to do as soon as she started SHOUTING IN MY HEAD USING THE ORB was to toss the orb on the ground, but it had tagged itself as a quest item and couldn't be dropped. >:(

Anywho... The sword must count as daedric. I tried to improve it with 82 smithing, and the ebony smithing perk (it requires 1 ebony to improve), but it only let me improve it to exceptional when it should have gone to epic if it was ebony. It's lighter than my glass sword, but also does less damage (of course, that's improved to epic). I'm actually going to try it against undead and see how it works.

On slaughterfish: Have you tried letting them attack you? I've gone in the water and floated there for a while with several slaughterfish to practice my armor skills. The Skyrim variety must be weak compared to the ones that existed in the previous games. Of course, in Morrowind, you'd be liable to get ambushed by a Dreugh if you sat around in the water for a while.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #2801 on: November 27, 2011, 01:45:32 am »

But you can at least flail like a mad man and hope you don't drown :)

Heh, ah Slaughterfish. They were evil demon fish from beyond the gates of hell that swarmed you the instant you set foot in any kind of oceanic water in Morrowind. Ever leap out really far in the ocean? They almost seemed like a deliberate way of stopping players trying to swim to the non-existent mainland :P

Speaking of drowning, breath meter...why they takes it away? Wonder if a mod'll bring it back, or at least add some indication (changes to vision or sound for example) of how close to health-draining-away-and-then-you-die you are...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:48:31 am by MorleyDev »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: November 27, 2011, 01:46:13 am »

You can just count. You should have some idea how long you can hold your breath. :V

(Of course in real life you'd have that painful urge to breathe)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: November 27, 2011, 01:51:00 am »

wait, the removed the ability to see how much breath you got?

Guess I never noticed cus I have gills

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: November 27, 2011, 01:58:59 am »

Wait, Slaughter fish are actually in the game? Because when I first started out I was scared to death of going in the water because of them, but realized there weren't actually any. Guess I just haven't been swimming in the ocean enough to encounter them.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 896