Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558418 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11475 on: October 31, 2014, 03:48:14 pm »

I never even use the bosmer call-familiar ability, and I'm not sure what other racial bonuses they have.  I just like being a woodsy elf and hunting animals (particularly nords).  Except I always get distracted stealing their barely-pawnable shinies, so I should probably be khajjit instead.  A cat with a bow seems weird, though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: October 31, 2014, 10:30:01 pm »

One thing about Skyrim that pissed me off was the lack of Unarmed. There are ENCHANTMENTS THAT INCREASE IT'S DAMAGE. MAKE IT A SKILL.

monk4lyfe

No seriously, playing Oblivion while RPing as a Monk with no fast-travel is a fun experience.

It was dummied out - it was originally going to be a skill, but I believe it was unfinished by the time Skyrim shipped. (Also it would've made the perk menu asymmetrical.)

I like Bretons, actually. They're the best magicky race that isn't a snooty elf.

Dark elves are also pretty cool, but the whole obsession with corpses throws me off a little.

I was referring more to the fact of them being manmer, which must infuriate the Thalmor.

Well, aren't they barely manmer? Like "somewhere along the line, you have a presumably Altmer ancestor"?

I never even use the bosmer call-familiar ability, and I'm not sure what other racial bonuses they have.  I just like being a woodsy elf and hunting animals (particularly nords).  Except I always get distracted stealing their barely-pawnable shinies, so I should probably be khajjit instead.  A cat with a bow seems weird, though.

They get a free shout similar to Kyne's Peace, basically. They also get disease resistance, and bonuses to sneak and archery.

For me, in Skyrim, from most to least, here's what I play:

Orc - cos they're pretty damn awesome, plus Berserk is goddamn OP in this game. Who cares about huge armor ratings when you can just go berserk and smash straight through them?
Altmer - damn good mages, plus you get to roleplay a snooty shithead if you so want.
Khajiit - Always Khajiit for unarmed runs, because that extra 10 unarmed damage is nice. Also funny shouts and damage noises.
Dunmer - I always thought Dunmer were pretty badass.

Least played:
Argonian - It just doesn't appeal to me, plus their bonuses aren't exactly geared towards anything in particular. Also, they use the DEFAULT HUMAN SHOUT SOUND for males, but not for females. Weird.
Nord - yawn, boring
Imperial - yawn, slightly less boring because Voice of the Emperor
Breton - yawn, boring
Bosmer - sneak thief par excellence gets boring quick

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11477 on: October 31, 2014, 10:40:10 pm »

I actually like Argonians. The swimming-underwater-forever thing is nice.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11478 on: October 31, 2014, 10:52:31 pm »

FrostFall is unkind to them. :c
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: October 31, 2014, 10:55:25 pm »

In oblivion with an argonian, I recall my sister had spent a half hour straight underwater trying to escape guards.  also drank several gallons of skoom  on the same game and got 600 speed.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: October 31, 2014, 11:00:50 pm »

...I want that, but with the song Smoke Weed erryday playing.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: October 31, 2014, 11:13:44 pm »

In oblivion with an argonian, I recall my sister had spent a half hour straight underwater trying to escape guards.  also drank several gallons of skoom  on the same game and got 600 speed.

Pretty sure that 1. Skooma's effects don't stack and 2. Speed like all other stats cap at 255, then wrap around to 1 in Oblivion.

FrostFall is unkind to them. :c

Well, they are cold blooded.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: October 31, 2014, 11:18:42 pm »

Solved if you become a vampire! But that makes FrostFall kind of superfluous, since it doesn't affect NPCs.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: November 01, 2014, 02:26:53 am »

Pretty sure that 1. Skooma's effects don't stack and 2. Speed like all other stats cap at 255, then wrap around to 1 in Oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyvIOootKVQ
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11484 on: November 01, 2014, 02:37:36 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyvIOootKVQ

Welp, I stand corrected. Also, i think that it is hard stats that cap at 255, but buffs can go higher.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: November 01, 2014, 07:00:22 am »

I like Bretons because they are like Altmer but without the implied snootiness.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: November 01, 2014, 11:42:09 am »

Okay kiddies! Time to explain why Online has the best lore of the series since Morrowind.

The main character is the Soulless One, the Vestige; there is only one of you, yet you see many around.

Consider this and read these books:

The Heartland of Cyrodiil by Phrastus of Elinhir, an essay on errors in previous depictions of Cyrodiil.

Subtropical Cyrodiil by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth, a thorough debunking of Phrastus's "transcription error" idea and a speculation on the true cause of Cyrodiil's climate change.

Ruminations on the Elder Scrolls by Septimus Signus, an essay on the Elder Scrolls claiming to be from the 4th era.

Varieties of Faith in the Empire by Mikhael Karkuxor: uh.

You may see a pattern here.

Bonus:

Exegesis of Merid-Nunda by Phrastus of Elinhir, a tract on Meridia's Magna-Ge origins.

Aurbic Enigma 4: The Elden Tree by Beredalmo the Signifier, a straightforward description of the Towers, with extra detail placed on Green-Sap of Valenwood.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: November 01, 2014, 12:03:00 pm »

Not everyone is a huge lore nerd Putnam. Explain what you're getting at or else I won't understand.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: November 01, 2014, 12:09:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: November 01, 2014, 12:23:43 pm »

Wasn't that standard in Elder Scrolls anyway what with all the Towers collapsing?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 896