Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559135 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13245 on: June 06, 2017, 01:22:12 pm »

I do wish that they would leave my NPCs alone

I got a mod for that, two of them. One makes it so that I am the only person that can kill a named towns person or dog (really nice for dragon attacks), the other removes the settlement attacks from Dawnguard. I don't remember what they were called, but I got both from the nexus.
Alternatively, you can grab the regular and the dawnguard version of the "Run for your lives" mod, which causes townsfolk to rush into the nearest interior during dragon and vampire attacks respectively.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: June 06, 2017, 03:11:25 pm »

Possible idea, something to think of the next time I make any changes with my mod order. The people of Skyrim are valorous, quite often to their fault.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: June 08, 2017, 03:43:58 pm »

this seems like a cool mod to install. (i only have the unofficial patch). not sure if it will kick on legendary edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G5RucTQkHY

for now its only Bruma, but it seems the rest of Cyrodiil is already set up, well, from what i saw of the streams, they should have advanced it further until then.

from what i gather Bruma is more or less the size of The Reach, but it has plenty of content and stuff around so it doesnt feel like empty wilderness.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:49:11 pm by xaritscin »

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: June 10, 2017, 06:52:52 am »

this seems like a cool mod to install. (i only have the unofficial patch). not sure if it will kick on legendary edition

for now its only Bruma, but it seems the rest of Cyrodiil is already set up, well, from what i saw of the streams, they should have advanced it further until then.

from what i gather Bruma is more or less the size of The Reach, but it has plenty of content and stuff around so it doesnt feel like empty wilderness.

I've always thought modders should do something like this instead. It's all well and good trying to recreate morrowind or whatever, but it's a huge undertaking which takes forever, is basically just a graphics overhaul (which, by the time it's done won't seem that spectacular) and invariably never gets finished. Just adding it in section my section to the main game, and making it coherent to the base gameplay seems like a much better way to do it.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: June 10, 2017, 08:08:10 pm »

I've always thought modders should do something like this instead. It's all well and good trying to recreate morrowind or whatever, but it's a huge undertaking which takes forever, is basically just a graphics overhaul (which, by the time it's done won't seem that spectacular) and invariably never gets finished. Just adding it in section my section to the main game, and making it coherent to the base gameplay seems like a much better way to do it.

thing is that mods like these take time because its not only working on the script for the events but also the new maps, sites and of course the voice acting that its needed. if this game worked on text dialogue it would be easier.

Bruma is only one part of Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil which is a larger scope but its more or less near to halfway on completion, and which is only one part of the project of Beyond Skyrim which wants to basically add each of the other provinces of Tamriel in the 4th era (along with bonus places like Roscrea/Atmora or Thras).

too much stuff for who knows how many time the game will be able to support it or be supported. but anyways.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: June 11, 2017, 04:53:43 am »

thing is that mods like these take time because its not only working on the script for the events but also the new maps, sites and of course the voice acting that its needed. if this game worked on text dialogue it would be easier.

Bruma is only one part of Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil which is a larger scope but its more or less near to halfway on completion, and which is only one part of the project of Beyond Skyrim which wants to basically add each of the other provinces of Tamriel in the 4th era (along with bonus places like Roscrea/Atmora or Thras).

too much stuff for who knows how many time the game will be able to support it or be supported. but anyways.

Agreed, but the point I was trying to make is that it's better that they release it in small chunks rather than try to do a whole total conversion which takes years and is invariably never finished. Projects like skywind and stuff just take way too much time to basically recreate a game we already have.

I'm really hopeful they can keep adding areas, even if it's just 3-4 more from previous games.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: June 14, 2017, 10:41:55 am »

My first really amusing experience / storytelling opportunity:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: July 02, 2017, 02:54:17 am »

In case some of you don't know it yet, Beyond Skyrim: Bruma is released.
For the regular/Legendary edition of Skyrim any way.
Special Edition will soon have its version done, maybe within a week or so.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: July 04, 2017, 06:52:52 pm »

My first really amusing experience / storytelling opportunity:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My go-to story is the courier bug. He used to run around Skyrim naked due to a bug. I had things happen like "oh no someone got stabbed in the street in Markarth! I'll just join the crowd watching this horrific event. Everyone is so terrified!"

I turn around

I am nose to nose with a naked courier.

....pause...

Courier: "Nope. Nothin."
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: July 04, 2017, 07:51:52 pm »

Finally got around to playing Dawnguard.

Is it me, or is Dawnguard much more interesting and well-written than any piece of content in vanilla Skyrim? It's almost like stepping into a different game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: July 04, 2017, 08:06:04 pm »

Is it me, or is Dawnguard much more interesting and well-written than any piece of content in vanilla Skyrim?

Eh, I personally didn't think so. The thing with Dawnguard is that its not actually about the Dragonborn, but about Serena instead. And Serena is not a character I found at all interesting. The Dawnguard/Vampire split is mostly just there to be there and has very little actual impact on how the story plays out. Vampire Lord mode is basically just at-will Werewolf form with a ranged attack, which turns out to be absolutely ridiculous, IF you can stand the long transformation animations and not being able to pick up items in full-vamp mode. Dawnguard also had absolutely terrible dungeons in it, with the Soul Cairn and Forgotten Vale being particularly egregious.

At least they changed valnilla Vampirism to be less annoying, allowed Werewolves to eat rabbits and the final boss fight was good. I much prefferred Dragonborn for Skyrim DLCs.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: July 04, 2017, 09:08:30 pm »

My go-to story is the courier bug. He used to run around Skyrim naked due to a bug. I had things happen like "oh no someone got stabbed in the street in Markarth! I'll just join the crowd watching this horrific event. Everyone is so terrified!"

I turn around

I am nose to nose with a naked courier.

....pause...

Courier: "Nope. Nothin."
"Got something I'm supposed to deliver - your hands only."
Nearly got me killed, since I was trying to trap the dragon at Dragonsreach when he grabbed my focus.
Though the game paid me back recently when the Dragonborn cultists happened to find me during a dragon attack, and the dragon nearly killed one of *them* during the dialogue.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: July 04, 2017, 09:50:48 pm »

Finally got around to playing Dawnguard.

Is it me, or is Dawnguard much more interesting and well-written than any piece of content in vanilla Skyrim? It's almost like stepping into a different game.
Lol.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: July 05, 2017, 01:26:47 am »

The design philosophy was noticeably entirely different for DG. It's a small taste of what could have been: we got very different level design, which were generally opener, more explorable areas, and we got to see a bit of faction vs faction stuff: being attacked in the street by vampires, or Dawnguard would have been cool in other storylines: ie, actually hostile factions in the Civil War. Also, Serena is one of the few followers who's actually got some character and story besides a single quest.
It's a different game. I'm not sure it's a better game, but it's very differently designed.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: July 05, 2017, 01:48:09 am »

I actually really liked the Soul Cairn because it FELT really, really alien. Something you can't comprehend and entirely foreign is in control there, and you need to navigate by landmarks and actually learn the area well to survive.

Serana can get bent though. Weak attempt at waifu bait and when I played it was bugged so that having her in the party set all your Vampire Lord damage to 1. I didn't even bother playing it again from the hunters campaign.

Dragonborn was pretty much awesome, though. The C'thulhu books were great mostly, and Solsteim looked like an apocalypse.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 896