Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: New Space station 13 server. Red Dwarf, Don't be a smeg head! (NEW MAP)  (Read 48452 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: New Space station 13 server hopefully going up.
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2011, 12:20:55 pm »

Willing to be a player if you need more, still need someone to teach me the basics though
I could also help with this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Space station 13 server hopefully going up. Red Dwarf
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2011, 06:00:45 pm »

Yeah, the personal attacks were uncalled for. Allegations (however veiled) that people will only join this project because they are somehow unworthy of playing on a Big 3 server/poster's server of choice are uncalled for.

This is filling a niche, regardless of whether it is a niche prefered by, among others, those burned by BS12.
It is a niche that will, if successful, attract a lot of different kinds of people.

I personally find that BS12 (while one of the best servers out there for being grief-free and balanced) lends itself to rounds that are uneventful.
Game starts, people do their jobs, traitor either steals something with no-one the wiser, silently assassinates someone, or gets caught, everyone chills for a while, station breaks down and the round ends.

SS13 should never be "uneventful". Words that should describe it include "hectic", "stimulating", and, yes, "chaotic". I personally think BS12's RP is lacking because of few interesting situations. We need some chaos; and I really appreciate the attempt to try to make a server balanced between structure and chaos.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2011, 06:28:56 pm »

how about give non-traitors so goals like steal something or make so much money or act like a jackass to everyone that would help balance it out.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2011, 06:30:57 pm »

how about give non-traitors so goals like steal something or make so much money or act like a jackass to everyone that would help balance it out.

I thought of this... "Fake Traitors" so to speak.

They should have goals but "be a jerk" is odd to me.

Though yeah some jobs are just soo boring

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2011, 06:31:18 pm »

A mode in which everyone has an ulterior motive possibly with some overlapping each other in order to cause conflict? Might be interesting.
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2011, 06:31:42 pm »

A mode in which everyone has an ulterior motive possibly with some overlapping each other in order to cause conflict? Might be interesting.

Everyone may be a bit much... or insane.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2011, 06:34:32 pm »

I mentioned an interdepartmental version of that a while ago on the fourms for this thing. Teams probably would make that kind of thing more managable.

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2011, 06:37:23 pm »

Everyone may be a bit much... or insane.
Well not everyone will be fighting everyone over their goals. Just a few goals out of the mix will set up to pit people against each other while others may not have to fight anyone whilst fulfilling their goals.It would  be interesting.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2011, 06:37:51 pm »

A random amount of people, then. Like having a group of people who are not in agreement with the majority, but will hide their disagreement for diplomatic reasons most of the time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2011, 06:40:39 pm »

Sounds like a good middle ground but it should be a rather large amount of people for extra conflict.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2011, 08:56:19 pm »

If you can make it work, then it sounds fun :3.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2011, 12:36:27 am »

I'll probably be kind of migrating towards this server. Or /tg/ maybe. I haven't played SS13 in a while but I've been trying to get back into it and I just don't want to see all the drama that's in BS12. Most of the people who played when I played a lot left anyway. With good reason.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:38:55 am by rawr359 »
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2011, 12:46:09 am »

I already posted in the other Thread, but again I present you with a offer of my time as Admin.

Seeing how ManicTime tells me I have 800 hours logged in Byond, I might as well spend some of it usefully.

All suggestions and input and admin apps should be posted on our forums http://ss13.googolplexed.net/index.php
Register today!
Our server is already up. But our map isn't finished yet. It is playable but a few things are missing. We just got done with several really fun rounds!
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2011, 12:56:16 am »

I think I mentioned on the baystation forum that giving everyone/most people an objective of some kind would be neat- varying perhaps as widely as semi-traitor motives (kill x) to job objectives (bake 3 pies, discover the genetic allele responsible for hulk super powers). I dunno if they even need to be actively monitored for whether they're fulfilled (if not, they'd probably just be used as 'backup' guidelines for when you have nothing to do).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2011, 01:01:19 am »

Sounds like a good idea. but I think it needs a tweak. I'm not sure how but it feels like its missing something.
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20