Bogshire (Blue guys)
- 5 (6.8%)
Stonemeadow (Orange guys)
- 26 (35.6%)
We gonna stick it out on our own!
- 42 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73

Author Topic: Build a village: A New Hope  (Read 145160 times)

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build a village: A New Hope
« Reply #960 on: September 29, 2011, 05:50:33 pm »

Ah, I can see it now. The descendants of our settlers will dress outlandishly, then leave the village at sunset to capture all sorts of wildlife ranging from wailing ghosts and acid-spitting spiders to house flies and kiwi fruit, then return before dawn to pit them against one another in extremely linear combat that usually involves the one with the greatest agility knocking out the other in one hit.
The fun they shall have as their pockets grow full from the gold of nobles who come to watch, and bet in our master arena where we charge 500 yollars for a back row seat, and 5000 for a front row seat.

I think... we might just be one to something here, friends. Imagine all the wonderful monstrosities lying in wait within that forest cavern, ask ask yourselves... do we really want to destroy the source of these things?

And bricks houses..? HA! We could build an arena instead!

Let's try to capture one of those baddies when night falls. I'm interested to see if they can be captured.
To that end, someone (Jaian?) should construct a cage from sticks, with a hollow bottom, to drop over a slime.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 29, 2011, 06:11:59 pm »

Once we capture a slime, and stickman lets stick them in the same cage, and make it as confined as possible to see if they fuse, and make a slimeman

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #962 on: September 29, 2011, 06:12:43 pm »

Once we capture a slime, and stickman lets stick them in the same cage, and make it as confined as possible to see if they fuse, and make a slimeman slickman

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 29, 2011, 06:29:07 pm »

I want a Brophin (fusion of a berry and a Rolphin)  :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 29, 2011, 06:29:41 pm »

Also, see if these lot know anything about the beasties we've been facing.
They prabably don't the last bunch of traders laughed it off like the monsters were just stories. I think without proof like a captured monster they won't believe us. Plus i think if we do catch a monster it'll burn to death in the sun or something. If they don't I suggest Pokemon style mon Vs mon pitfights.
Well, there's no harm in asking. If you don't want to look silly, then don't mention monsters, just say to them 'By the way, we've been seeing some strange beasties in the forest?'. If worst comes to worst, we can bluff and say we were talking about rexhorns.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 29, 2011, 06:39:42 pm »

Also, see if these lot know anything about the beasties we've been facing.
They prabably don't the last bunch of traders laughed it off like the monsters were just stories. I think without proof like a captured monster they won't believe us. Plus i think if we do catch a monster it'll burn to death in the sun or something. If they don't I suggest Pokemon style mon Vs mon pitfights.
Well, there's no harm in asking. If you don't want to look silly, then don't mention monsters, just say to them 'By the way, we've been seeing some strange beasties in the forest?'. If worst comes to worst, we can bluff and say we were talking about rexhorns.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 29, 2011, 06:59:58 pm »

Sounds good.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 29, 2011, 07:22:30 pm »

I thought i'd answer some of these questions that you guys want to ask the traders. I might try and do them in actual dialoge for a change.

- Ask about the blue liquid.
- Inquire as to the geographic, economic, and political significances of Stonemeadow (in a very polite manner).
- Inquire to the merchants what sort of good they are looking for, and what they think their guild can supply (again, be tactful)
- Carefully ask about "Imperials," relating them to hearsay.

That there liquid is simple blue dye.

Stonemeadow is a mighty city state which controls most of the metal deposits in the region this gives us an advantage over the Bogshireians who have to import their metals by sea. Unfortunatly we have little land that can be cultivated so we must keep our population relatively small or we cannot sustain it.

Food is good, fish especially since we are landlocked. We can of course supply you with the metals you may require except orangemetal as large quantities of oil are needed to refine it from greymetal.

The Imperials? The empire of david used to control all of these lands, from the sea to the mountains far to the north. But it collapsed many many years ago when king david died. His sons fought for the throne and caused the empire to split, each taking a major city and the surrounding lands. Stonemeadow and Bogshire were two of these cities.

Monsters you say? Well that is bad news, I thought those stories were old wives tales.

Sorry I don't have the time for an actual update.

Also you guys are talking about building houses and tearing them down. As the author I want to see this village stop looking like a dump so if Jaian was put in charge of the workers and they worked on a wooden framed brick house i'd let that be built in about 5 turns or so. That still leaves you with 4 people to gather food even with Rex and Hans out in the forest.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 29, 2011, 07:35:19 pm »

We should go with stonemeadow they can help us protect our village and we can start farming soon if the send a few guards.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 29, 2011, 07:36:47 pm »

We should go with stonemeadow they can help us protect our village and we can start farming soon if the send a few guards.

Or we can conquer it for ourselves.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 29, 2011, 08:50:41 pm »

Have jaian build a House out of bricks with a strong wooden door. And possibly strong wooden window shutters. make it big enough to house the entire village and then some. we can use the house as a fall back point if things get hairy so the strong doors and such are important. Lets keep in mind the aesop about three little pigs and a big bag wolf. The monsters haven't even gotten close to getting over the wall yet so it should be safe for a while. If anything does prove capable of getting past the wall and warriors it'll probably run away from the village at dawn so we can have the villagers hide in the house until then.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 29, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »

Have jaian build a House out of bricks with a strong wooden door. And possibly strong wooden window shutters. make it big enough to house the entire village and then some.
Veto !!! We need bricks for our wall we can make the houses out of a combination planks, mud, sticks, and leaves to make a very good shelter, so save the bricks for the wall.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:57:53 pm by adwarf »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 29, 2011, 08:56:59 pm »

Have jaian build a House out of bricks with a strong wooden door. And possibly strong wooden window shutters. make it big enough to house the entire village and then some.
Veto !!! We need bricks for our wall we can make the houses out of a combination planks, mud, sticks, and leaves to make a very good shelter, so save the bricks for the wall.

Agree. Veto.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 29, 2011, 08:57:59 pm »

Also I suggest we reinforce our dirt wall with sticks in a crisscross pattern all along the length of it to make the wall stronger to help hold off enemies. I also suggest we build another spear in the ground wall across the river around where our bridge is leaving a gap big enough for our people, and a caravan (If one appears) to get through, and after that I also suggest we do the same thing, but all the way around the moat to repel those who wish to cross it through the moat itself. This will give us more time to get ready, and reduce the number of enemies who can attack us successfully.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 29, 2011, 09:13:53 pm »

Agree. Veto.
Veto. I mean everyone on food. Even if that means the village will continue to look like a dump for another day or two.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73