Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 71977 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Final Fantasy Mod
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2011, 01:45:40 pm »

Actually, considering that last statement, did we implement color-class chocobos (could be biome-specific as well) at all? Shouldn't be too hard. We have the standard ones which are average speed and intelligence, black (mountain/sea) ones which can fly, red ones that can toss fireballs or can peck you on fire (short range dragonfire in order to prevent forest fires. It is their home after all too), blue (sea) ones that can swim faster, and green (mountain) ones that can run faster. Of course, there's also the legendary gold chocobo which is the best of each color in one, as well as really fast, powerful hit, and quite rare; oh yeah, and they can fly.

Just as well, certain chocobo parts fetch better prices (chocobo feather/wing), no real challenge setting up the values. Most importantly are Standard is least, gold is most valuable, and black is the second most valuable (being a cross-breed of blue and green, and the best of both worlds allows them flight).

We can always toss in vendor trash (like in FFXII, with a few you can use yourself in-fort) you gain from defeating certain enemies (in lieu of everything drops money and/or convenient weaponry/shields; one detail I liked in that game over some of the others). It also works very appropriately as well for DF modding. Just so not everything acquired from creatures is not absolutely useless, the metamorph workshop and alchemy labs and such can actually use some of these parts to make potions, ethers, and so forth (the FFXII encyclopedias really help here), and can allow you to sell them for a greater price, or make potions and such to help your troops not get too badly beaten up when dealing with the monsters and fiends of the FF universe.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:12:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2011, 04:49:43 pm »

that would take quite a bit of work, but its very doable. the different types of chocobos shouldnt be a problem, although i admit i dont know how to create biome-specific castes. although it seems like we already did it with the al bhed.

as for the monster loot=potions. it seems like a good idea, however i do not think its possible to make an instant-cure item, within the constraints of the game. as for the individual monster loot, we really dont have enough FF monsters to make it more than a novelty at best. we could go through every creature in the raws and make them drop something useful, but that seems a bit tedious. the "stick+dead rat=crazy expensive item" is a sound proposition, but one could always crank out crafts to buy a caravan. i suppose it depends on how immersive you want your expierence. this is a final fantasy conversion mod, wheras i've been playing it as "dwarf fortress, with final fantasy stuff thrown in? hooray!" ....which makes me believe i discredited my whole argument....point is, its on the drawing board for now. i reccommend a poll for the loot/expensive potions bit
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2011, 05:15:47 pm »

Potions will be a lot more doable with the next version, obviously, but as of now they can't do a whole lot, nope.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2011, 05:40:13 pm »

Potions will be a lot more doable with the next version, obviously, but as of now they can't do a whole lot, nope.
other than be really shiny
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2011, 06:46:59 pm »

I guess you could turn specific monster parts into booze or special weapons or something.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2011, 06:59:00 pm »

well it would work the vendor-loot system from 12. find the right combination of junk and trade in for goods. incredibly impractical given the randomness of monsters genned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2011, 10:46:36 pm »

I guess you could turn specific monster parts into booze or special weapons or something.
I do remember a monster hunt side-quest/bounty board that you have to kill a specific kind of giant snake or something like that so that the old guy that runs the sundries shop (which also raised 2 of the playable characters) can make a wine out of it's blood.

The booze part can be done, I would imagine. And the idea I tossed up is a bit hardcore, I'll admit, and would add tons more detail (IE- tons of work, and best to wait until at least the next DF version release), but as of now, we can enjoy it as a standard mod as it develops.

I would still recommend it as at least something that can be put on the back burner for those that really want immersion into the Final Fantasy universe (consider it an open invite modding option after at least the first release of the FFMod), and can be worked on as a side-side project.

EDIT:
Didn't notice a release link was made already. :P

I'll admit, making esper v. esper battles in Arena Mode is pretty fun. Started off with Ifrit v. Shiva. It ended with the upper half of Shiva completely missing (or simply gone), and Ifrit left pretty badly cut up.

Speaking of Ifrit, Legends mode made him a law-giver that had a 2-year term, until a dwarf killed him. This is pretty neat so far.

EDIT EDIT:
I've noticed something in Arena Mode. Espers are so damn powerful, a consistent autopsy report of their victims shows that they're missing their upper halves. Ouch. Only other espers are lucky enough to retain more than half of themselves post-mortem. Phoenix fortunately turns into a pile of ash.

Also, for the hell of it, I sent Bahamut up against an army of bears (at least 80 of them). All of them are half the bear they used to be in a split second, and Bahamut is pretty scratched up.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Made Final Fantasy PC-equivalent dwarves with ultimate equipment, 1-on-1 devastated a no-level bahamut no problem. Now 2-on-1 (candy sword and silver hammer both grand masters in candy armor), but now against a grand master Bahamut. result's Consistent with Final Fantasy. Bahamut at his best (lvl. 99) can't even win against 2 lvl. 99 dwarves with respective equipment, no less even put a scratch in them. 1-on-1 gives the same result (lvl. 99 vs. 99 in candy). And one more 99 battle, but naked dwarf vs Bahamut, Dwarf almost won. Definitely enraged him. His muscles are the same color as his scales is putting it simply.

Almost bit off Bahamut's head (arena mode control over grand master Urist McNekkid). Unfortunately, he belched while I was in the process.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:30:20 am by Itnetlolor »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2011, 10:12:35 am »

and the only thing that can kill sin is more sin. and anima has a tendency to get caught in her own blast. and sin can kill just about everything on the list, all at once. he does have trouble with doomtrain though. probabally due to the number of bodyparts. you didnt know it was released? hell, ive been testing it for a while XD where do you think all of those raw file corrections i said came from?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2011, 10:46:10 am »

Strange...I set Anima to be immune to her own blast. Anyway, since the release was delayed, an update:
Added some extra attacks to Shiva, Anima, Catoblepas and some other summons.
Depowered Sin. At least you now have a tiny chance of killing him.
Replaced refrences to the old Gods and Titans mod with refrences to Aeons, Espers, and Eidolons. Any summon from FFX will be refered to as an Aeon, any one from a game that uses Espers an Esper, and you know the last one. Any recurring or Ivalice summons will be refered to as summons.
Hm, might depower some of the espers.
Sin is supposed to be able to kill most of the summons. He was never meant to face any of them in direct combat, and he's so big, in FFX you fight his individual body parts as bosses. His only attack comes from the attack you get eliminated by if you don't weaken him in 16 turns in the battle on the Fahrenheit.

I actually ended up playing as a civilization of Alexanders. They were a heck of lot better than moogles by a long shot.

EDIT: The loot system will be tested with some iron weapon drops and coin drops for the shops in bigger towns. Some'll drop nice little novelties that fetch a heck of a lot.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:49:25 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2011, 10:56:27 am »

I actually ended up playing as a civilization of Alexanders. They were a heck of lot better than moogles by a long shot.
thats....awesome. and i put anima up against some random creature, and when i checked the battle logs it says she was caught in her blast and died

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2011, 11:02:20 am »

Hm...the zip says that I did place in immunity to Oblivion. Check yours, I just ran an arena fight between Anima and Valefor and both were pretty banged up, but Anima didnt get caught in her own blast.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2011, 11:18:00 am »

Also, should I ask to have my mod added to Community Mods and Utilities after the update is released? Seeing as it's about to be moved up from Minor Mods to Major, due to the content added, I'm thinking about this carefully.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2011, 12:13:50 pm »

for all i know, it could have been something else that caused it. battle reports are quite annoying to comprehend. and sure, i mean. the community working on this is only a handfull of people, but it should be fine? i havent been on the forums long enough to know how things work around here

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2011, 12:38:08 pm »

If I recall correctly, I remember Bevelle and the grand holy council actually developed Vegnagun as a weapon so powerful, it could destroy Sin. They only never released it because it had trouble telling the good targets apart from the bad. Quiet an intimidating fellow, but a surprisingly underwhelming boss battle when you do actually finally battle it (standard level or lvl. 99; either way, he was a pushover). The thing is significantly big too. It was another thing you could only battle in parts (tail, leg, then head).

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2011, 12:45:11 pm »

If I recall correctly, I remember Bevelle and the grand holy council actually developed Vegnagun as a weapon so powerful, it could destroy Sin. They only never released it because it had trouble telling the good targets apart from the bad. Quiet an intimidating fellow, but a surprisingly underwhelming boss battle when you do actually finally battle it (standard level or lvl. 99; either way, he was a pushover). The thing is significantly big too. It was another thing you could only battle in parts (tail, leg, then head).
i never got through X-2  :( i keep wanting to finish it, but get hung up on the completion stuff. 100% in one playthrough....cuz i wouldnt want to do it twice

Edit: but i do know that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, and that venagun could blow up spira if it wanted to
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:46:50 pm by ShadowBroker »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23