Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 802105 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)
« Reply #3090 on: August 16, 2012, 08:02:47 pm »

I found a nice vicious tundra/forest/neutral grassland embark up in the north-west. Very cold, but the forest's ponds thaw during summer. Undead, and two forms of horrible mists. The nefarious mist in the forest causes extreme swelling, to the point of possible blood loss/necrosis on smaller creatures, and the msit in the tundra does... I dunno. One of the dorfs with an axe went berserk and murdered everyone before symptoms showed up.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: August 16, 2012, 08:26:03 pm »

I found a nice vicious tundra/forest/neutral grassland embark up in the north-west. Very cold, but the forest's ponds thaw during summer. Undead, and two forms of horrible mists. The nefarious mist in the forest causes extreme swelling, to the point of possible blood loss/necrosis on smaller creatures, and the msit in the tundra does... I dunno. One of the dorfs with an axe went berserk and murdered everyone before symptoms showed up.

I think we have our embark.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: August 16, 2012, 09:13:00 pm »

Screenshot with location, please?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: August 17, 2012, 04:17:45 pm »

Perfect.

I really hope the latter is a husk/thrall mist.  I <3 Husks.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: August 17, 2012, 05:07:14 pm »

I should mention that it had an aquifer. I think. I'll have to search it out again, unfortunately, because I lost the location. Oops. >.>

Alright, think I might have found either the same site or something equally or more horrifying.
Evil tundra and hills, and neutral shrubland/grassland. Nefarious mist, and "fetid muck" rain in the tundra. Nothing much I know of from the hills. The muck causes at least blistering, adn the mist I know causes swelling with blood. Only one dwarf left, and she's rotting to death, filling the room with miasma while her ass rots out form under her... Raven corpses killed everyone else, plus the cats.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:29:52 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: August 17, 2012, 05:38:15 pm »

I think all three forts had aquifers, so I guess the fourth should too,
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: August 17, 2012, 05:54:29 pm »

Here's the location info for that wretched place:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also found another really nice site that I would personally embark on, but it's probably less than 50% evil territory, and most of that is a tiny lake it encompasses with a 5x5 embark. It has sand, clay, magnetite and silver so far, and an aquifer under the lake. No sign of undead, but for weather it has the unknown "evil dust" in the northern swamps.
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: August 17, 2012, 05:58:55 pm »

I'll start the thread later today after I eat. If anyone wants the first turn, now's the time to say it. Otherwise I'll send it to either TAG or Catalyst, decided at random.

EDIT: Opened the world and... no sword of boots civ. Do we even have a Queen Led?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:30:32 pm by Deathsword »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: August 17, 2012, 07:28:34 pm »

Me?!  Oh crap, that won't end well for anyone....

I love it!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: August 17, 2012, 07:32:26 pm »

EDIT: Opened the world and... no sword of boots civ. Do we even have a Queen Led?

Nope. Worldgen won't produce the same world twice in two separate versions, at least not from the same seed (hypothetically, I mean, it may be possible to produce two worlds that are nearly identical in most aspects if you run worldgen a few trillion times.) I got the terrain layout and some other information from elevation maps and exported worldgen info, and built it in PerfectWorld DF.
I don't know why the name seed still produces the same outcome for the world name, though. Directly copy/pasting all the exported info did NOT provide the same world.

There's "The Sacrificial Sword," though. They've got cave crocs!
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: August 17, 2012, 07:39:15 pm »

So, the Sacrificial Sword it'll be. Do I keep Led in the story, despite her not being in the game, or do I use the actual ruler of the civ?

Also, I think there is a history seed.

EDIT: I guess no Battlefailed fort is one without Led, so I'll keep her in so I don't have to re-write the backstory.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:43:00 pm by Deathsword »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: August 17, 2012, 07:44:57 pm »

I think we can use the actual ruler. Led may still be out there, commanding the legions of undead horrors, but not a ruler in this world.
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: August 17, 2012, 07:49:09 pm »

Maybe the ruler of The Sacrificial Sword is merely a puppet ruler placed there by Led?

Oh, by the way: if you didn't specify a custom profession name, I'll choose one.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: August 17, 2012, 07:50:50 pm »

If they're a vampire anyway, that could be reasonable. Led, though, would not immediately have contacts in this world, and wouldn't necessarily be here before The Foul One sent her here to deal with us.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:53:08 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: August 17, 2012, 08:02:58 pm »

Fort name: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell

Group Name: The Mechanism of Insanity

Already dorfed everyone, just picking supplies now.

Also, we have no mason. This will be fun.

EDIT: embarked, saving the game. Thread will be up soon.

Turns will be given in the order the starting seven claimed, if that alright with everyone. Anyone else past these 7 will have to request a turn in the thread. If any of the starting 7 doesn't want a turn, please let me know.

And it's up after a minor fail on my part. I'll send a pm with the save to TAG now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:20:01 pm by Deathsword »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208