Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106926 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Grapple in Gehenna
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2011, 10:14:19 pm »

I hate to say so, but shouldn't I be dead of fire-related burning?  (Waitlist me if so, please.)

If not, Grab the Teleport Scroll and teleport to safety (The northeast!)  Then teleport that demon's awesome sword into my hands.

(does basic math)

oh shit, I never marked Jacen's slashing. um...

An angel appears from nowhere and rewards Toaster's honesty by slapping his lifeless body with fancy angel magic! Toaster is ALIVE with THREE HITPOINTS!

If your death should have resulted in points for somebody, I probably would have retcon'd your survival, but since it didn't I didn't. Now your death can reward somebody!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2011, 10:15:48 pm »

Yay!

Time for awesome life-sucking based comeback!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2011, 10:18:33 pm »

Wait list please monk.

Welcome to the line, it's clipping along nicely now... I PROBABLY should have included some protective/healing items in the starting kits, or at least raised the HP max, but I suppose the massacre here will balance the single fatality last match. Lessons learned for future rounds and all that.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:25 pm »

Slash Toaster then grab the teleport scroll and teleport to the northeast then teleport the death knight's sword to my hand and dualwield. 8)
If I don't get the scroll then just run to the northeast and slash Toaster if he is there.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:28:07 pm by BullDog »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2011, 10:39:29 pm »

Reload and fire at Toaster. If he's no longer within reach, fire at Balrog.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2011, 12:06:02 am »

Attack Micelus!
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #171 on: December 01, 2011, 12:11:39 am »

Haunt Swordchucks

OOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOO

It seems the RTD has hit a difficulty spike. :P
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2011, 01:33:49 am »

Can't...wait...to...get...in...

Urrgh! The suspense is killing me! But, at least the RTD is awesome xD.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2011, 10:59:47 am »

Let's see... I have to roll to not lose my turn, roll to avoid the fire damage, roll high enough on my main roll so that I go before at least BullDog and ideally Micelus, THEN successfully roll two teleport rolls to get to safety and get that sword.  Then I need to get some counterattacks in so that I can get some HP.

No problem!

Also, if poison kills someone after I die, do I get the points posthumously?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2011, 03:56:01 pm »

Let's see... I have to roll to not lose my turn, roll to avoid the fire damage, roll high enough on my main roll so that I go before at least BullDog and ideally Micelus, THEN successfully roll two teleport rolls to get to safety and get that sword.  Then I need to get some counterattacks in so that I can get some HP.

On the plus side, the first roll will be to not lose your turn, so if that's high you'll probably be near the top of the order! On the down side, if it's low you might die in a fire while your guts try to climb out your throat, clerical error or no.

Also, if poison kills someone after I die, do I get the points posthumously?

You certainly do, and folks who make the Leaderboard have their CoD listed, so yay infamy!

Reload and fire at Toaster. If he's no longer within reach, fire at Balrog.

Note that the Musket is a ranged weapon- Toaster is ALWAYS in reach. Unless you mean "within reach" in the "is he still alive to grant me delicious points" sense, in which case CARRY ON.

Waiting on an action from Hitty40- I've pm'd him, so if he doesn't show by tomorrow night then I'll put the next person on the waitlist in his shoes. Not that any of you have shoes, which is partly why the South-East being on fire is bad.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2011, 04:53:40 pm »

That's what I meant...Can't shoot him when he's dead...Well I could shoot his corpse, but that's a waste of time.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2011, 04:54:24 pm »

Don't knock attacking corpses- I did it round one!

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2011, 05:45:30 pm »

I leapt onto a Balrog's back, got teleported off the Balrog's back, then sliced my own head off with a pair of swordchucks.

Not many people can say they got a piggyback ride from an angry Balrog and got away without a scratch.

Well I guess you can't either on account of being dead of self-decapitation, but that was still a pretty awesome way to go. Monk, is there any chance you'll start handing out minor point bonuses for style? 'Cause I think that particular death deserved it.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2011, 06:01:14 pm »

I leapt onto a Balrog's back, got teleported off the Balrog's back, then sliced my own head off with a pair of swordchucks.

Not many people can say they got a piggyback ride from an angry Balrog and got away without a scratch.

Well I guess you can't either on account of being dead of self-decapitation, but that was still a pretty awesome way to go. Monk, is there any chance you'll start handing out minor point bonuses for style? 'Cause I think that particular death deserved it.

I think style points would be a round-specific Secondary Objective. That said, I mentioned I was thinking about audience participation earlier, and a good way to do that in arenas where actual interference wouldn't make much sense (such as this one) would be for Fan Voting- it's something I've been mulling over. Part of the issue there is giving it some kind of structure so it doesn't devolve into a Who's Line orgy of point awarding (not that there's anything wrong with that, just not the style I'm going for.) On the one hand, having only a couple categories (Most Badass, Most Amusing...) that would be voted on at the end of the round would solve the structure problem, but it would delay the game somewhat. Points could be awarded after the round winner is declared, so that voting can occupy that dead space where the new setting is being implemented, but in that case style points wouldn't count for Round Leader, only towards the Leaderboard (for item allocation purposes.) Which I guess wouldn't be all that bad, and I probably wouldn't have large amounts of style points up for grabs anyway...

I appear to have rambled. Let it not be said I never put any thought into this thread :P

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2011, 06:23:45 pm »

DODGE, MOTHERFUCKER! Cast Fireball at the South-east.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32