Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 717388 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #5670 on: September 24, 2012, 07:34:46 pm »

On a serious note, though, if I remember correctly, I read in a Cracked article (so yeah, maybe not the most reliable of sources ;) ) that Hitler had a bit of a fear of stomach cancer, and that that's why he was a vegetarian.
Love, scriver~

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: September 24, 2012, 08:00:27 pm »

... is this... Godwin's law at work?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: September 24, 2012, 08:13:35 pm »

I'm gonna go with yeah.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: September 24, 2012, 08:19:27 pm »

Which means it's time for everyone to go home for the night.

Also, depending on what state you live in and how fucked up your state's government happens to be, over half of the country can actually start voting right now, mostly by mail.  In person early voting has already started in a few states and will all pick up pretty soon.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: September 24, 2012, 08:22:12 pm »

Yep, if my car worked I would be heading to pick up my absentee ballot right now; I still consider myself to live in the Rochester, MN area rather than where campus is located, although it only makes a difference for state senate and house races.  (Same congressional district).

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: September 24, 2012, 08:50:38 pm »

Yep, if my car worked I would be heading to pick up my absentee ballot right now; I still consider myself to live in the Rochester, MN area rather than where campus is located, although it only makes a difference for state senate and house races.  (Same congressional district).

I'm in a completely different congressional district at uni, so I can do absentee voting since I registered under my home address. Unfortunately, I left my voter's registration card in my previous congressional district, and won't be able to get it until the weekend.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #5676 on: September 24, 2012, 09:00:15 pm »

I thought vote wasnt till november?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: September 24, 2012, 09:04:50 pm »

I thought vote wasnt till november?

Most states have some version of early voting.  The results are not published, for obvious reasons, but it's pretty easy to guess at since there's plenty of opinion polling done.  In many states, you can vote by mail but in some it's only allowed if you have some demonstrable excuse (attending college and being out of the country are the most common).  And once you get closer to election day, you can usually go vote in person since most people recognize that the entire damn country getting to a polling location between 7 and 7 on a workday is beyond impossible.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: September 25, 2012, 07:49:06 am »

New sliding poll average looks pretty good for Obama. Over the last two weeks, *every* major poll shows the national picture in Obama's favor, as even Gallup and Rasmussen show narrow leads for Big O (+1 and +2, respectively). All the others are averaging 3 points or more.

Obama is currently polling 0.4 points ahead of where he was at this time four years ago versus McCain/Palin.

No real changes in the electoral map. RCP's projections have it at 247-191 for Obama, with 100 toss-up votes (270 to win). Romney has been stuck at 191 since the end of July (briefly dipping to 181 after Todd Akin's rape comments briefly made Missouri look like a true toss-up).

Some good news for Obama here in North Carolina, as the aggregate average now gives him a 1-point lead, thanks to three new polls all giving him the advantage, including (notably) a Civitas poll -- which is a Republican-aligned polling group -- showing him at +4. Might have something to do with a new Zogby poll showing NASCAR fans favoring Obama by 7 points.

Yes, you read that right. The same people who like to watch cars turn left for 4 hours while drinking beer, eating fried chicken and yelling "Git 'R Done!"....are voting for the black guy. Why? Might be comments like this from Romney, when asked if he follows NASCAR:
"Not as closely as some of the most ardent fans. But I have some great friends that are NASCAR team owners."

I mean, that meme just writes itself.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #5679 on: September 25, 2012, 09:26:00 am »

You shouldn't use the word "ardent" and "nascar" in the same sentence. He also mispronounced nascar, it should be "NASCAR!!!!111 WOOO!" going by the most common pronunciation.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: September 25, 2012, 09:26:42 am »

You shouldn't use the word "ardent" and "nascar" in the same sentence.
Technically, he didn't.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: September 25, 2012, 09:32:18 am »

There's something about a Minnesota elector candidate (for the Electoral College) trying to do something with the birth certificate. The only source I can find is Conservapedia, which links to Conservative News and Views, but does anyone have a better source? Conservapedia's headline, in full:

Obama eligibility goes to college! Electoral College, that is. A Minnesota candidate for the office of Presidential Elector has just asked Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan to send to his lawyer their paper, long-form, embossed birth certificates to prove they were born in-country. His obvious goal: to shame Barack Hussein Obama into doing the same, and to shame his fellow Electors into demanding the same. But: could this start a movement to have the Electoral College stop acting like a rubber stamp? [link]

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: September 25, 2012, 09:46:26 am »

Bwahahaha....haaa.ha. Ha.

Ahem.

Yes, please....let's drag out the birther canard yet again, conservatives. Your desperation is so delicious. I drink it! I drink it up!

Relevant.
Also relevant.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:51 am »

Um. You know the Onion is satire, right?

But they are funny.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: September 25, 2012, 09:55:39 am »

Doesn't change that they're relevant.
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 714