Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 717383 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8625 on: November 07, 2012, 01:51:01 am »

Oh hay, Obama just remembered what global warming is!
Well he has four years to do something to solve a problem that we have known about since what, the 20's?

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #8626 on: November 07, 2012, 01:51:17 am »

Suddenly I wish Mitteh Kitteh had won, just so that he stayed a significant figure and we could make more jokes about him.

Oh I'm sure he won't just vanish completely.  We'll always have the memories, and I'm sure this campaign isn't the last ill-advised thing he'll ever get a billion dollars spent on.

Someone has to carry on the Trump legacy.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: November 07, 2012, 01:56:03 am »

Suddenly I wish Mitteh Kitteh had won, just so that he stayed a significant figure and we could make more jokes about him.

Oh I'm sure he won't just vanish completely.  We'll always have the memories, and I'm sure this campaign isn't the last ill-advised thing he'll ever get a billion dollars spent on.

Someone has to carry on the Trump legacy.

Judging my his twitter account, Trump intends for that someone to be himself, preferably with sword and pistol.  I can't wait for his next TV show.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: November 07, 2012, 02:01:41 am »

I'm still awake, waiting for Puerto Rico to finish up.

It's kind of funny how anticlimactic tonight was. After six months of the Republican primary insanity, followed by the conventions, the debates, and the final scramble to get those last few voters, we watched for three hours to confirm what Nate Silver had already been telling us. And that was it- considering what hell could have happened- voter fraud (but probably not), recounts, an electoral/popular mismatch, it went through remarkably quickly, and it feels, now, like not much has happened. (That is, of course, because nothing much has happened; we've had almost no change in the makeup of Congress, either). 2008 felt historic and pompous. 2012 is historic- having once decided we want to put an African-American behind the highest desk in the land, we've decided we're gonna stick with him. That's as historic as putting him there in the first place. But it doesn't feel it.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: November 07, 2012, 02:03:40 am »

Suddenly I wish Mitteh Kitteh had won, just so that he stayed a significant figure Andy we could make more jokes about him.

I don't know, McCain and Kerry have pretty much vanished completely.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: November 07, 2012, 02:04:07 am »

I'm still awake, waiting for Puerto Rico to finish up.

It's kind of funny how anticlimactic tonight was. After six months of the Republican primary insanity, followed by the conventions, the debates, and the final scramble to get those last few voters, we watched for three hours to confirm what Nate Silver had already been telling us. And that was it- considering what hell could have happened- voter fraud (but probably not), recounts, an electoral/popular mismatch, it went through remarkably quickly, and it feels, now, like not much has happened. (That is, of course, because nothing much has happened; we've had almost no change in the makeup of Congress, either). 2008 felt historic and pompous. 2012 is historic- having once decided we want to put an African-American behind the highest desk in the land, we've decided we're gonna stick with him. That's as historic as putting him there in the first place. But it doesn't feel it.
It shows you didn't watch Obama's speech. That was awesome.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: November 07, 2012, 02:04:20 am »

Suddenly I wish Mitteh Kitteh had won, just so that he stayed a significant figure Andy we could make more jokes about him.

Yeah, but they lacked cults of personality (well, beyond the cult you need to enter politics anyways).

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: November 07, 2012, 02:06:33 am »

Mccain is still often cited as a military-centered republican. But that may just be me.

so, Who knows any Arch-Conservative websites for me to watch frothing angry people?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: November 07, 2012, 02:06:47 am »

Decent speech, guess it's time to hit the hay.  Should be interesting to see if the democrats pull an upset in any of the three senate seats still in the air.  We could end up with democrats actually gaining in the Senate while republicans gain in the house despite the democrats being far weaker then 6 years ago and the republicans being far weaker then 2 years ago.  Madness.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: November 07, 2012, 02:07:02 am »

Yeah, but they lacked cults of personality (well, beyond the cult you need to enter politics anyways).

I was about to respond when it hit me like a sack of doorknobs that somebody just described Mitt Fucking Romney as having a cult of personality.

Yeah, he's gonna disappear like a fart in the wind by the end of the year, never to be seen or heard from or spoken of again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: November 07, 2012, 02:07:20 am »

Since when did Romney have a personality?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: November 07, 2012, 02:11:21 am »

Yeah, he's gonna disappear like a fart in the wind by the end of the year, never to be seen or heard from or spoken of again.
See, now nobody will ever make the joke about the Republicans having their hand so far up his ass they called him 'Mit' ever again! The world is truly at a loss!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: November 07, 2012, 02:11:41 am »

I was about to respond when it hit me like a sack of doorknobs that somebody just described Mitt Fucking Romney as having a cult of personality.

I can sort of see Romney having a cult of personality... relatively speaking at any rate. With John McCain I could barely even remember the man's name even during the height of his campaign.

(On a related note, I think it was a mistake for so many of the anti-Republican attack ads to refer to Mitt Romney by name. You don't want the people to know the Republican candidate's name)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:13:26 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: November 07, 2012, 02:12:35 am »

I misread the quotes above me and thought Donald Trump.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: November 07, 2012, 02:14:24 am »

So, Who knows any Arch-Conservative websites for me to watch frothing angry people?
Plllleeeeeaaaaseee?
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 714