Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282819 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #540 on: November 19, 2012, 03:04:02 pm »

Ok so I did a few sketches using posemaniacs.com today on the little 30 second timer drawing thingy app(technical language), these are the first 8 anatomically focused drawings I have ever done in my life.

(It's a 1600x4800 image for purposes of drawing it and clarity for anyone hoping to view it, just a friendly warning if you happen to still be on dial-up or somethin)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you want to comment on a specific one feel free to refer to them in this order.
1, 2
3, 4
5, 6
7, 8

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 23, 2012, 02:01:46 am »

I've been working on this drawing of a street in the middle of a city for around a week now.
I'm having trouble figuring out how to draw the building circled in red, every time that I draw it it seems as though it is out of perspective. The line separating the left sidewalk from the street also seems off to me. It almost seems as if it curves, but I'm not sure if it is that line or the line to the left of it separating the sidewalk from the buildings. Any advice on those two points or any other part is appreciated. If this is the wrong thread to post this in, just let me know.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 23, 2012, 02:06:48 am »

I've been working on this drawing of a street in the middle of a city for around a week now.
I'm having trouble figuring out how to draw the building circled in red, every time that I draw it it seems as though it is out of perspective. The line separating the left sidewalk from the street also seems off to me. It almost seems as if it curves, but I'm not sure if it is that line or the line to the left of it separating the sidewalk from the buildings. Any advice on those two points or any other part is appreciated. If this is the wrong thread to post this in, just let me know.

That furthest building will be really narrow from the viewer perspective, think of how a picture hanging 10 feet away from a corner looks on a wall if you stand in the corner.

As for the lines? I'd have to say they both curve halfway past the second furthest building from the back.
When drawing straight lines in a program (that looks digital, it is right?), use whatever straight line tool the program has. if it doesn't have one get a different program.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 23, 2012, 01:45:28 pm »

ooo

Nice! Are those stars or galaxies (or galactic super clusters)? There's an awful lot of them regardless, and they have a neat distribution. c:

also i kind of exceeded 9000 pageviews on deviantArt so........
ANIMATION TIME
You are a genius.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 23, 2012, 03:23:54 pm »

ooo

Nice! Are those stars or galaxies (or galactic super clusters)? There's an awful lot of them regardless, and they have a neat distribution. c:

also i kind of exceeded 9000 pageviews on deviantArt so........
ANIMATION TIME
You are a genius.

Ohhhh. Hand Cannon.
That went right over my head the first time.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #545 on: November 24, 2012, 10:24:49 pm »

It wouldn't be me if i didn't make a horrible pun somewhere, would it? :P
Also, thanks miauw, but i must disagree! I am far too lazy to be a genius (and probably too dumb too), but i appreciate the thought. c:

something I made, when I actually just designed the logo and got a friend to print them for me
I think they're actually stickers for cars, but my headphones might just have to endure the same conditions

Getting me sum serious Darn vibes from this. Great job!

also i got bored so i drew the same dragon three times in different ways
borp
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 25, 2012, 05:10:42 am »

also i got bored so i drew the same dragon three times in different ways
borp
I have to say that the last dragon is pretty good, even with small wings put into account.

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 25, 2012, 05:30:22 pm »

That's actually not bad Guardian, the colors are nice.

So I drew this sketch from my mind today, I have to say I think the posemaniac sessions have helped dramatically when it comes to anatomy.

Also yes there is a huge block of whitespace on the left side, I will be using that for the background, I think.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 25, 2012, 05:44:32 pm »

Made a small library mockup for a project I am working on.

Took me about 20 minutes, although this is far from the final product.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:57:44 pm by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 25, 2012, 07:13:14 pm »

Here's another fun thing you can do with a Lyra Plushie
My wooden badge was delicious.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 26, 2012, 11:10:25 am »

I... have no idea whether to be ashamed or proud of that image. And yes, I know that shading would make it look nicer, but I'm lazy and it'll take too long. I might spice it up if I use it somewhere else, like a forum game or something.

EDIT: Good god that thing is horrifying.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:09:31 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 01, 2012, 02:13:21 am »

That furthest building will be really narrow from the viewer perspective, think of how a picture hanging 10 feet away from a corner looks on a wall if you stand in the corner.

As for the lines? I'd have to say they both curve halfway past the second furthest building from the back.
When drawing straight lines in a program (that looks digital, it is right?), use whatever straight line tool the program has. if it doesn't have one get a different program.
I feel like a moron for not thinking to use the straight line tool, I've been watching too many streams of people being drawn. I'm not entirely sure what you meant, about the furthest building. (There isn't anything hanging on the walls in my house.) Here is my edited version so far:
That last building still looks odd, I might just have to drive to an open street tomorrow and figure some things out. I'm not sure whether I'll keep all the cracks in the sidewalk either, I mainly just put them as placeholders until I'm able to look at an actual street. A lot of that is just going off of my terrible memory and pictures, which don't do justice to what your eyes can notice as much as getting outside does.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 01, 2012, 02:27:35 am »

I made a cheesy song. It's very generic. And could be longer, but I have other things to do, sadly.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #553 on: December 01, 2012, 11:06:49 am »

For the Emperor !

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 01, 2012, 01:36:19 pm »

I did some pixel art weapons.

Enlarging the pictures seems to have made the quality suck.
Meh.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 845