Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282888 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1230 on: August 09, 2013, 04:49:24 pm »

So after what felt like forever of little to no creativity I finally made something!!

It's fairly quick and dirty and possibly badly proportioned but I don't care, I MADE SOMETHING WORTHWHILE!!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 09, 2013, 05:19:33 pm »

So after what felt like forever of little to no creativity I finally made something!!

It's fairly quick and dirty and possibly badly proportioned but I don't care, I MADE SOMETHING WORTHWHILE!!!!

Give that dwarf a weapon! Wrestlers aren't very useful to the station!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1232 on: August 09, 2013, 05:22:24 pm »

Give that dwarf a weapon! Wrestlers aren't very useful to the station!
That's pretty sweet Jopax.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1233 on: August 11, 2013, 09:22:39 pm »

jopax that is one manly guard/soldier/cop dude

BUILT LIKE MANWALL

DON'T NEED NO WEAPONS WHEN YOU'RE A MANWALL

also i made something that is four shades of gray
worst rocks ever
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 11, 2013, 10:59:23 pm »

didn't feel like being all fancy and creative and shiz so instead I sketched from reference. Only neat thing about it is that all the lines were done using lineart layers in SAI, which means only using a thin as hell pen tool, which means going over lines multiple times to emphasize line thickness and stuff, which is basically how I draw on paper with mechanical pencils anyway. Used a marker tool for adding a monotone red color for slightly more solid shading.

Messy as a messy mess of messiness, but then again it's just a sketch anyway. Was fun to only use shades of red though.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 12, 2013, 03:09:56 am »

Do I smell a lucky star.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 13, 2013, 11:13:20 pm »

Look at me, being a productive little snot. Two sketches in one day, back to back. I'm doing some hardcore arts here.

Spoiler: slenderman sketch (click to show/hide)

No references or anything, just doodling. Was fun. I also learned how BBCode resizing works. Go me.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 13, 2013, 11:40:40 pm »

I was trying to draw someone with a similar hand pose recently, and I learned something.  I can't use my own right hand as reference for right hand poses.  It ends up distorting the connection of the hand, arm and body.  There are also a lot of limits to the angles from which I can see my own body, even with a mirror.

I ended up erasing the reference based hand, and using one drawn from visualization.  The reference study did reveal the problems with the visualization based drawing, however, so it wasn't a wasted effort.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 14, 2013, 01:27:58 am »

Alas Slenderbro, I knew him well.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 14, 2013, 10:23:10 am »

jopax that is one manly guard/soldier/cop dude

BUILT LIKE MANWALL

DON'T NEED NO WEAPONS WHEN YOU'RE A MANWALL

also i made something that is four shades of gray
worst rocks ever

Friendly tip, when doing silouetthe stuff like this it's best to disregard details on objects and focus on getting the shape, proportions and mass of the object correctly.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 14, 2013, 02:15:48 pm »

While I do like vector art, I think I'm doing something wrong, because this took me an obscene amount of time to make.

I'm still not quite done with it. The shading and some details are lacking, so that means I get to spend even more time on this! whoopee!
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 14, 2013, 02:44:23 pm »

Details lacking: faces are not squished down at the bottom of a head. Right now he/she has a head that contains far less face than necessary (unless the head is extremely short and the hair has about as much volume as a head on its own.).

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:01 pm »

I did make the hair first (which was probably a mistake, in hindsight), so the hairline was probably too low and forced the other face stuffs into less real estate. Her face was even more squashed looking at one point, and I never was 100% happy with my fix. At least now I know how to fix it. :P
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 16, 2013, 10:06:06 am »

I think this could be appreciated here:
That's the output for a thing I'm writing for a forum game. It's basically GURPS, which means I can never distribute it (though I'm glad because my programming can induce cerebral haemorrhaging). This is the first time I've considered the output interesting enough to post about it because I stayed up until 1AM implementing damage, death and stunning.

Things done today:
-Fixed the flash-step glitch and the omega dodge glitch
-Implemented damage, death and stunning
-Fixed fighters gibbing each other with knives
-Tweaked stunning to actually work

Goals for tomorrow:
-Finish the All-out Attack function
-Make All-out Attacks and unbalanced weapons interfere with parrying like they're supposed to
-Tweak the target acquisition function so that the program supports more than two fighters
-Allow fighters to pick up dropped weapons

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 17, 2013, 12:23:21 am »

Bloop, sketch.

Things done today:
-Fixed fighters gibbing each other with knives
for the record, this is awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 845