Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282792 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #4560 on: April 13, 2015, 06:26:01 pm »

I made a shit ton of flags for the Flagbearers thread to make it relevant again.

I failed.

I made loads of flags.

Tomboy

Femboy

Homosexableflexible

Arstotzka 1 (From the game Paper, Please)

Arstotzka 2

Prospit (From the webcomic Homestuck)

Derse (Also from Homestuck)

Scanflag

Duck (I made this to piss KoSS off)

I am become flagmaker. :>

Also Prospit 2 flag. I'm going to keep spamming this thread until it's relevant again.

EDIT: Obristan flags, from Paper, Please.

EDIT 2: Possibly cleaner Derse edit.

EDIT 3: Game of Life (Unix Oscillator) flag:

EDIT 4: Invisible intangible flag (It's an actual image. I'm not out of ideas I swear.)

EDIT 5: Flagflag

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: April 13, 2015, 07:26:17 pm »

Nice... but unless it's uninhabited, it'd probably have cleared patches for cities and agriculture. If i remember correctly that's your FEF map, so it'd have people.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: April 13, 2015, 07:50:05 pm »

...Fuck it, I'm done with all of you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: April 13, 2015, 08:12:37 pm »

?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:12 pm »

?
He demands attention, doesn't get it as much as he'd like, then lashes out. It seems to be a common habit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: April 13, 2015, 09:02:51 pm »

@Cinder: I like your flags. Especially Scanflag.

Nice... but unless it's uninhabited, it'd probably have cleared patches for cities and agriculture. If i remember correctly that's your FEF map, so it'd have people.
It's a "New World" setting. Colonies haven't really been established yet.
I can add a few buildings, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: April 13, 2015, 09:39:38 pm »

Spoiler: Added peoples (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: April 13, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »

@Cinder: My favorite flag is Arstotzka 1, I also like Derse's one. They're quite small so it's a bit hard to see the details though.
(And also a thing I've noticed in the short period of time I've spent on these forums is that it can take a lot of time to get replies. Don't despair ;))

And on a completely unrelated note, I did this on the cataclysm thread:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm quite happy with the progress I'm making in pixel art. I thought it would take longer for me to improve.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: April 13, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »

Have you considered taking that attitude, mixing it up with an enormous sense of self-loathing, stuffing it way down into your belly and burning it as fuel to keep posting more art and fighting to improve?

Because that's worked so far for me. Not so much for responses, but for improving, at least.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: April 13, 2015, 10:57:28 pm »

-snip- :<

Have you considered taking that attitude, mixing it up with an enormous sense of self-loathing, stuffing it way down into your belly and burning it as fuel to keep posting more art and fighting to improve?

Because that's worked so far for me. Not so much for responses, but for improving, at least.
There's a better way to take it than a negative, y'know. Emotions poking on self-esteem may be a short-term drive, but without noticing the determination and other noble virtues intermixed with that topping of D: (and thus developing them instead), it won't do much.
You poked at it Araph. Just didn't mention it. :P

Also I love that Game of Life flag and the invisible flag. xD

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: April 13, 2015, 11:12:41 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:12:59 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

defeeca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: April 13, 2015, 11:18:05 pm »

Looks nice :)
What program did you use?
Incoming megapost of this compliments/criticism from this page and the last.

i think it was artifact dwarf made thats why it looks like rorschach pieced it together :P to form dwarfen rorschach test to others :D

heres a fighter craft i just cant color it at all :(
You have a strange and cool style. How is it made?

im using krita's sketching tool it draws additional lines when im drawing. that gives my drawings that shadet weird looks :P. the thing that makes it harder is the fact that i have to draw everything in one stroke as the effect doesnt carry on if i release the mouse button.

heres a tutorial that explains it bit better:
http://white-heron.deviantart.com/art/Krita-Tutorial-Sketch-Hairy-Chalk-Brushes-348808615

and heres quick sketch of dark elf.:

And there you go :) made with krita also.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: April 14, 2015, 01:13:19 am »

Man, I get disappointed when people don't respond to stuff I post, too. That's totally understandable, and it feels lonely and even insulting, like people are looking over your words and just going, "Nah, this chucklefuck isn't worth the time. He's such a weirdo, too, I don't want him thinking I want to be his friend or anything. Save us all a lot of trouble if that Bauglir fellow quit talking." Nobody's really doing that, of course... Probably. Shit, if anybody is, shoot me a PM and I'll edit in a correction. Point being, though, you've gotta decide whether you want to solve your problem or not.

Y'gotta remember the context, you see. We're not sitting around a table chatting - we're putting up billboards. You're in the wrong medium if you expect something different. If nobody replies, it isn't because they didn't care, or even because they don't particularly like you, it's because they just don't have anything to say. There are no subtle body language cues, no overt gestures, no vague noises to indicate that we're quietly paying attention. If you want replies, if you want people to go out of their way to acknowledge you, you've gotta make people want to reply. Which, shit, you've done here I suppose, so 10/10 made me reply, but it's probably not what you actually wanted since now it comes off as though your belligerence is more interesting than your flags.

Which are quite nice, by the way. But I hadn't got a chance to see them in the hour and a half between your posts.

EDIT: That might be overly harsh. The bottom line, though, is that your response to a problem isn't helping resolve it. Whether or not you want to do anything about that is your choice. And the issue of whether you should have to is a good deal more complicated. I sympathize in that regard, but there's only so much sympathy can do.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:16:35 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: April 14, 2015, 01:35:11 am »

Vec and Bauglir got the idea perfectly. I had those feelings before, and learned to deal with it in a more constructive way. But aye, for lack of a long discussion and brevity on the point: PM someone you think can help, or inquire to those who you see can help (IRL) before you act on it. :)
Doesn't help that it still continues under the fear of judgement though. Which still exists.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 845