Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279172 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7276 on: May 27, 2016, 09:55:01 pm »

Wow, you're great at hands and feet. Like, seriously, those are impressive. Honestly, just keep sketching like this. I'd love to see a figure fully fleshed out in that style, it's gorgeous. I wasn't into feet before but man.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7277 on: May 28, 2016, 03:04:30 am »

Sketchdump, general feedback if possible please.
https://i.imgur.com/cPbo2ql.jpg The proportions are pretty good, but on the flat hand in profile, don't forget that you should be able to see the middle finger sticking out ahead of the index finger (http://goo.gl/zkqq6Y).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:51:22 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: May 28, 2016, 05:42:55 am »

i made some dumb flappy bird clone :v
This is extremely hard, by the way. :v My highscore so far is 1.

Something tells me acceleration and gravity in a Flappy Bird-like is kind of too Satan.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: May 28, 2016, 06:20:26 am »

I got 4, but only by quadrupling the gap size.
One wheel short of a wagon

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: May 28, 2016, 07:12:32 am »

-snoop dogg-

B-but he has a snek in his quiver!? Is the snek the next arrow to be shot?

Looks more like the quiver is holding a tiny horse to me.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: May 28, 2016, 08:11:17 am »

If you want my coding advice, I would reset the velocity to zero(although perhaps a different number. Zero would probably just mean the bird falls) any time the player makes the bird jump. This would make the bird jump at predictable height because one problem I've noticed is that when you press the jump button too many times, the bird suddenly turns into a rocket ship and soars into the air, and if the bird was flying downwards very quickly, then you have to press it multiple times in order to regain balance.

You should probably also increase the jump height.

I would make these changes myself, but I don't know JavaScript (or physics).
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7283 on: May 28, 2016, 08:15:48 am »

-snoop dogg-

B-but he has a snek in his quiver!? Is the snek the next arrow to be shot?

Looks more like the quiver is holding a tiny horse to me.
Ding! Probably my fault if it doesn't look like a horse, but hey, it's not like he couldn't launch a snek if he wanted to. :v

@Cinder: Doin' good there broheim! The only note i have is that the figures that are standing curved (LIKE BANANA MAN) are probably leaned too far forwards; the center of gravity is roughly at the height of the belly button (centered in the torso of course), and it should generally be above the feet if there's no locomotion going on. Besides that, it seems to me like you're well on your way along the PATH TO POWERTM. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: May 29, 2016, 05:46:51 am »

This is extremely hard, by the way. :v My highscore so far is 1.

Something tells me acceleration and gravity in a Flappy Bird-like is kind of too Satan.
I got 4, but only by quadrupling the gap size.

Eh, it wasn't too hard for me, but I was just using spacebar :v

If you want my coding advice, I would reset the velocity to zero(although perhaps a different number. Zero would probably just mean the bird falls) any time the player makes the bird jump. This would make the bird jump at predictable height because one problem I've noticed is that when you press the jump button too many times, the bird suddenly turns into a rocket ship and soars into the air, and if the bird was flying downwards very quickly, then you have to press it multiple times in order to regain balance.

You should probably also increase the jump height.

I would make these changes myself, but I don't know JavaScript (or physics).
That was sort of the point (although I could have put lower limits on the speed).

But I implemented your suggestion and it plays much better now. Thanks! (also increased gap size a little)

E:
I moved the code off the fiddle and onto my Pi. Server might not be up all the time, such as when I need to charge my phone :P

The score might not show up anymore, this is intended functionality.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:56:02 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: May 29, 2016, 11:22:41 am »

That was sort of the point (although I could have put lower limits on the speed).

Wait, I'm confused. What was the point?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: May 29, 2016, 02:38:40 pm »

I honestly can't remember.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: May 29, 2016, 08:20:13 pm »

With fire, Man illuminated the dark.

Intended to be medieval-style stained glass window.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7288 on: May 30, 2016, 12:47:37 am »

-snip-
With fire, Man illuminated the dark.

Intended to be medieval-style stained glass window.
The pixels look really fat and jagged on your curves. It looks like you were using a 2x2 brush or line tool. You should try to smooth them with some antialiasing. Here's a good tutorial for that: http://opengameart.org/content/chapter-6-anti-aliasing

Somewhat unrelated:
I did a little research into how stained glass windows are made, because I was curious. Here are a couple videos that explain the traditional method of constructing a stained glass window:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pmu7Pq7T7Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WInb5RgsahI

It's pretty interesting. I kind of want to make one now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: May 31, 2016, 01:01:04 pm »

Man I somehow managed to finish that flappy bird thing complete with a python backend to record the data (which is the entire point!).

First time using JS, first time doing networking stuff, first time using databases, I think I did a pretty good job c:

http://robust.noip.me/

(the server is plugged into my cell charger, so i'll have to find a solution for that and the server might not have the best uptime)

Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 845