Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282952 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7425 on: July 09, 2016, 11:08:26 am »

Yeah Krita has managed to yet again fail to fix one of the most annoying bugs that makes using it for me a pain in the ass. unimpressed.gif
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7426 on: July 09, 2016, 01:25:46 pm »

His arms are pretty small and look like they bend in a weird place. His pose is pretty odd for riding a horse. It looks like he's sitting on its neck or something.

Also, his armour is generally pretty weird. It's quite big, and the way it's depicted he wouldn't really be able to walk, bend, or move his arms properly.
Yeah his arms are weird and too small, considering they're armored. I drew them like three times over one another (this is in pen, in case it wasn't obvious) because I was concentrating on getting that rifle in the right place. He's standing in the saddle in order to shoot over his shoulder, which is why he looks so high up, and why he looks so tall.

But his horse is also large, for a horse. If anything, the stirrups I drew are in the wrong place, but there was no changing the legs once I'd drawn them.

Armor tends to make people look big, since it's layered on top of a person body. He's got knee joints, and I drew like three arms over one another until I finally settled on a position of the arm so there was no space left to draw anything else, but other than elbow and shoulder joints I'm not sure what else you expected to see.

I think the forelegs of the horse should be bigger, as they're only sight bigger than the hind legs. Horses are pretty long, y'know?

They're neck is also pretty long, so etc.
My proportions according to this image aren't that far off.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But that horse's legs are closer together since it's mid-gait, I think, so fair enough.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7427 on: July 09, 2016, 01:55:33 pm »

If he's standing, it's okay. He still looks a little odd, like he might just go over when he fires, but that might just be me.

As for the armour: it looks like if he tries to lift his legs or bend over, the cuisses will lock against his breastplate. Also, his breastplate is all one piece down to the hips, so he can't bend at the waist. Similarly, if he tries to raise his arms above flat, his breastplate will catch his arms.

In large part, you've drawn it all as being pretty chunky, where armour generally fits pretty tightly. The breastplate and greaves, for instance, should track the body shape very closely. I won't quibble too much about precise armour shapes, since I'm pretty neurotic about those but most people don't care. :P

That's a pretty good horse, though.

Edit: while I'm going on about armour and anatomy:

Spoiler: No comment. (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:27:03 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7428 on: July 09, 2016, 02:49:08 pm »

Oh I see. Cuisses need to end lower on the thigh, and breastplates need to end higher on the belly. You know I was staring at an armored skirt before I started drawing, intending to draw that, and then... Didn't. Fair enough. I accept the criticism.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: July 09, 2016, 11:47:00 pm »

Same character from my last post

so did anyone ever tell you about how great you are at making cool outfits

because you're pretty great at that

My characters are lucky if they even have a single piece of headwear. :I
Also i don't really have anything worth showing but it's not like that ever stopped me!

so deep

Thanks Shook!

But to be honest, google image search does wonders when it comes to designing outfits.
You only got to mix and match.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7430 on: July 10, 2016, 12:06:14 am »

Swordstar found a 50kg Staryu. Cue jokes about laying off the hamburgers and stuff. My response: https://www.dropbox.com/s/te1plnkhq5i6sop/I%27M%20STARYU.mp4?dl=0

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: July 10, 2016, 05:06:32 pm »

The end of D&D last night
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7432 on: July 10, 2016, 06:37:51 pm »

oh god that is fantastic

Part of me kind of wants to see a "SOULLESS HORSE" health bar, but maybe that only shows up when the boss fight starts. :U
It has also inspired me to try my hand at making a COMPLETELY NORMAL horse.

COMPLETELY

NORMAL

Nevermind that i have no idea how horse ears work. Also my lines seem to be thinner than usual. I blame Krita for taking all my brush settings with it. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: July 10, 2016, 06:44:11 pm »

The neighgative consequences of injecting caffeine straight into the eyeballs.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: July 10, 2016, 08:00:48 pm »

I can only imagine that, internally, that horse is going I FEEL SO ALIIIIVE!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: July 11, 2016, 06:46:32 am »

It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: July 11, 2016, 05:05:48 pm »

Been getting into Low-Fi 3D lately, and decided to develop it into a visual style for a game I'm prototyping. Here's some experiments:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:16:01 pm by Solifuge »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7437 on: July 11, 2016, 05:18:18 pm »

That looks really fucking cool. How do you even go about making textures for 3D models? It's something I've been interesting in learning about for a while.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: July 11, 2016, 05:40:54 pm »

Aighuh! The all the triangles! They kill me!

Not sure how relevant this is on minimal-poly models: best practice is to use squares as much as possible. They bend nicer on animations, allow loop cuts (Ctrl-R) which are actually pretty useful, and work better with the subdivsurface modifier.

The Mark Seams button. Use it before unwrapping and learn to love it. Ctrl-E > Mark Seam along the selected edges.

Play around with having two or three loops on each joint, instead of just one. Especially at those shoulders. Those are going to deform the entire torso when animated.

Finally, you probably already noticed, but the animal's ears aren't going to be textured right unless you double their faces. Most things don't like double-faced faces and leave one completely transparent.

If have any Blender questions, feel free to PM me. I'm not an expert or anything, but I've played with it enough that I can generally make it do what I want.

That looks really fucking cool. How do you even go about making textures for 3D models? It's something I've been interesting in learning about for a while.
Are you trying to retexture an existing model, or texture your own?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: July 11, 2016, 06:16:20 pm »

Thanks, Guninanrunin! I'm not sure what specifically you want to do with texturing, but if you want to get into 3D modeling, try Blender. It's what I've always used; it's free, cross-platform, fairly well-documented, and powerful.

Textures are just regular 2D images in any 2D format, generally made in a paint program. When you're doing the actual 3D model, you set texture coordinates for each vertex called UVs, which match bits of that 2D image to different faces of the mesh. If you're retexturing an existing mesh, like you might when making a mod for something, it's as simple as painting over the old texture. Think Minecraft Skins.

Nirur Torir, I tried to stick to Quads in my later models, but I still use 3 Tris to interface between quads of 2 different resolutions (like going from torso to leg on the character model). Also, using Envelope-Based Mesh Deformation is producing some ugly results with Low Poly, but I'm going to try weighting each vert manually, to hopefully keep stuff from deforming badly.

Thanks for the offer too; I might hit you up with procedural questions some time!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:19:02 pm by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 845