Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279150 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7770 on: September 15, 2016, 08:59:08 pm »

Poor quality Maya robot thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I like it, looks like it's from a 1950's Sci-fi.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: September 15, 2016, 09:01:27 pm »

Bouncing ball. Got the end cut off when it was converted to a gif.

If it doesn't work, I also put it on the YouTubes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVaF0dgqDRM

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7772 on: September 15, 2016, 11:29:03 pm »

It should flatten when it hits the ground, not when it goes up into the air.

Got above average motivation today, for some reason.

Spoiler: Have a frog (click to show/hide)

Reference is Here.
Rest in peace Mission J Frog.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:31:06 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: September 15, 2016, 11:32:03 pm »

I did flatten it when it hits the ground, but it doesn't show that in the gif, and sometimes it even skips over the flattening in my .avi file.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7774 on: September 16, 2016, 01:46:14 am »

excepting that the frog / clasp on the neckpiece and the nostrils look kinda skewed, and the teeth toward the receding half of the jaw flatten out horizontally instead of curving upward slightly. Feel the shape of your own jaw from left to right; remember that the jaw projects forward in a curve, and human teeth are arranged in an arc within the mouth! Anatomy is tricky and complicated, but it's a good skill to practice when drawing living/unliving things.

Valid points. Yeah, the jaw is a little off. I should know, I studied biology in high school and anatomy is a subject of significant interest to me. :P It's pretty much the one thing that I don't conceptually struggle with in art. I just mess up the implementation a fair bit...

Only other critique I've got is that skeletal structures (skulls and such) tend to have fairly sharp edges. The forms of the skull look really smooth; almost like gross corpsified skin stretched over a skeleton; it's a great look, but I'm not sure that was the intended look.

That was actually the intended look. I forgot to mention it here, but I snarked about it in the tumblr post.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like it!

Got above average motivation today, for some reason.

Spoiler: Have a frog (click to show/hide)

Reference is Here.

Solid frog. Working digitally, don't be afraid to go ahead and make use of the fact that you can zoom in to get the little details like toes right. I like what you've done with the shading, and it's fine as it stands, but it's probably also worth having a look at getting a little bit of a rougher texture. Your frog has a very shiny, smooth texture, where the reference is just a tiiiny bit rough. Not a big thing.

Just some skullgirls doodles I did on this nifty little website with a bare bones drawing tool.

Very nice!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7775 on: September 16, 2016, 06:41:02 am »

Bouncing ball. Got the end cut off when it was converted to a gif.

If it doesn't work, I also put it on the YouTubes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVaF0dgqDRM
The upwards motion is a bit odd (should pretty much be a reversed version of the downwards motion if it keeps all momentum), but very nice squash and stretch! I'll take your word for it when you say that the bounce has been cut off by software fuckery. :v

also more animation tomfoolery

Spoiler: woblwobl (click to show/hide)

Seaweed animation, if that rings any bells. I kind of fucked up the wobbliness, though. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: September 18, 2016, 04:47:23 am »

Campaign art
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: September 19, 2016, 11:46:38 am »

The upwards motion is a bit odd (should pretty much be a reversed version of the downwards motion if it keeps all momentum), but very nice squash and stretch! I'll take your word for it when you say that the bounce has been cut off by software fuckery. :v

It's just missing the last frame, where the ball resembles a pancake.

Teacher said the ball should rise slower than it falls, so I'm guessing it's losing momentum. It squishes less as it rises compared to as it falls anyways, since it's slower.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7778 on: September 19, 2016, 02:03:02 pm »

It ends up at the exact same height, it's not losing momentum. :v (if it did, it'd be bouncing lower and lower)
Math and the laws of physics say that for something to reach the same height as it was dropped from, the initial upwards velocity must be the same as the downwards velocity at impact (though this assumes no air resistance; if that's factored in, it actually needs to bounce back faster). Many games do bend the laws of physics when it comes to jumping and falling, though this is mostly in order to be able to give the player more control, and even then, the developers usually do a good job of masking it. But, unless you've capped the velocity, you'll very rarely need that kind of control for inanimate objects.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: September 19, 2016, 03:08:50 pm »

Kind of hard to show that in an animation when there's only supposed to be one up and one down sequence  :V

It's all in .avi files and that one simple bounce is over 30mb.

Also, 3d sword.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:40:20 pm by BlackFlyme »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: September 22, 2016, 08:22:34 pm »

I made a study of anatomy reduced to geometric shapes

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: September 22, 2016, 09:17:25 pm »

Curvy.

I tried touching up the ball. Added an extra frame at the end in case it got cut off again.

Video Link if image doesn't work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzT9n6pq4II

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7782 on: September 23, 2016, 11:11:59 am »

Mhm, very nice! Slower bounce than i'd make, but it looks good. The only problem is that the ball seems to lose volume as it flattens, or at least doesn't quite spread out enough to compensate for the massive squish. One could maaaaaaaybe also argue that it hangs a bit too long in the air, but honestly, that just gives it a nice cartoony vibe.

also hi guys i made a ceramic

It's actually a piece of what was supposed to be a bowl that's been flipped upside down, but the bowl broke apart during drying, and the other major piece hasn't been burned yet. Considering how little effort i spent on glazing this thing (read: two dips and two brush globs), i actually really like how it looks. The glazing certainly came out better than my Eldritch BowlTM (yes i will also photo this soon), which is just brown. Gotta love that cobalt blue. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7783 on: September 23, 2016, 07:40:15 pm »

You mean you don't know how to use the three seashells?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: September 23, 2016, 08:46:21 pm »

After a burst of inspiration I drew this highly detailed (At least relative to what I usually draw) knight helm.
I'm quite proud of what I made. Eventually I want to make a full fledged body but I'm having trouble getting the proportions right (such as calculating shoulder width).

I finally did it! I drew an entire human being in a suit of armour. Feast your eyes on my viking in mail!

Spoiler: Actual size (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Slightly zoomed in (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Even more zoomed in (click to show/hide)

Eh... it looks different against a non-blue background. Can one of you guys who use darkling tell me how it looks? I think it probably looks better that way. Guess this thing is still a work in progress :(

EDIT: Just switched to darkling to see if it makes any meaningful difference. Yes it does, it does a lot. If any of you want to see how it was meant to be looked at, switch to darkling.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:56:45 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 845