Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279130 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7800 on: September 26, 2016, 02:28:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another one of Tess, while I figure out this whole 'tablet' business. I'm sort of okay with the shading, although finding a decent brushset for GIMP is on my list of things to do. Very smooth, bland look from the default round brush and I don't really like the others.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: September 26, 2016, 03:37:30 pm »

-CLOWN!-

D:

I see your clown and raise you an antag

-EEK!-
Hugo, a bit more tone can really shade out the .____. feature of your art. Regardless, that is brilliant AND creepy. Moreso because I love pixelated or vector art :3

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: September 26, 2016, 07:28:08 pm »

Made a ship for Modeling class. 504 triangles. Out of 10,000 needed for the assignment. Not that far to go now. Just gotta hit Bevel and Smooth a couple times, and I'll beat that benchmark by hundreds of thousands.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7803 on: September 27, 2016, 02:07:51 am »

100,000 triangles? Not nearly enough greeble. More. More.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7804 on: September 27, 2016, 07:08:20 am »

Gotta agree on the greeble front, Flyme. Toss in some decorative goodies! Microdebris impacts, engine burns, little glowy lights...

Quality Paint.

Tablet experiments continue. This hollow is not happy about that 1200 damage riposte you just hit him with.

Feedback is appreciated even more than usual while I find my feet with this thing.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: September 27, 2016, 08:53:28 am »

Gotta agree on the greeble front, Flyme. Toss in some decorative goodies! Microdebris impacts, engine burns, little glowy lights...

Woah now, we barely covered how to colour an object. I think that glowy bits are a bit beyond me at the moment. It also must be completed with only the extrude tool, so greebs will be a bit tough.

Nice hollow though. Creepy.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:54:40 pm by BlackFlyme »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: September 27, 2016, 03:00:59 pm »

Why you're so good and where I can find the devil you sold your soul to?

I sold my soul to Irshad Karim, great lord of the domain of http://drawabox.com/
You could've mentioned that earlier :v

You good artists and your secrecy
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: September 27, 2016, 03:33:03 pm »

It was mentioned earlier, which is why I was using it in the first place. Must have been about February.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: September 27, 2016, 04:09:01 pm »

I know I posted drawabox in this thread or a similar one last september when I first started doing their exercises.

Here's some more of my bookmarks, then.

Everything you could possibly want to know about color theory.
Posemaniacs for a 3-d musculature pose reference library database collection.
Pixelovely, figure drawing reference and more. Since it's figure drawing, there's nekkid people here. so check it after work or whatever.
John Muir Laws has a lot of resources about nature sketching and that kind of thing. I've only seen one of his videos but I like his lecture style.

Youtube: Sycra, Proko, Drawing with Jazza, Mark Crilley. Mink's Tutorials aren't bad for some fundamental stuff, but he's fairly new at making vids so there's not a huge selection yet.

"Ctrl + Paint" for digital painting resources, mostly focused on photoshop.

There's also the LearnArt, LearnToDraw, and DigitalPainting subreddits. I'm also subbed to Doodles, Drawing, and some others that escape me at the moment. Don't bother with /r/Art, they're pretentious morons and/or complete hacks there.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7809 on: September 27, 2016, 04:11:08 pm »

I oughta make the drawabox deal too, but on the other hand, i could also keep being a pretentious fool who thinks he's doing better on his own.

HMMMMMMMMMMM

The latter sounds much more reasonable to me, i lack the patience to go through what is essentially a training regimen that undoubtably works. :v
In my own defense though, i don't draw for improvement as much as i draw to have fun, and/or to prove that learning to draw doesn't have to be hard work. As long as i don't consider my drawings perfect, i'm pretty sure improvement will happen on its own. :P

Tablet experiments continue. This hollow is not happy about that 1200 damage riposte you just hit him with.

Feedback is appreciated even more than usual while I find my feet with this thing.
Aha, i see you're starting to draw heads more evenly! Das goot, i like it. Bro-tip though: Flip your drawing horizontally from time to time. You'll likely see that it's lopsided/skewed. My drawings tends to be MASSIVELY lopsided/skewed, and i have no fucking idea why it happens, though it might be related to the inherent difficulty of drawing an even circle on a tablet. :I

Anyways, a few things: Teeth are too unevenly sized, and you've put too thick a line in between them. Either make it a complete gap, or a subtly hinted line. I was actually surprised to learn that you only barely need to draw a line between close-set teeth. Also note that they start curving inwards quite a bit at the canines, so they'll appear much more narrow towards the sides of the mouth. The way you've set them up, they basically look like they're set along a line. Also, the lips are probably too clearly defined; for a shriveled up hollow, they'd probably be as prune-like as the rest of the face, and would likely be hard to pinpoint exactly beyond "around mouth hole".

... apparently only mouth related things but oh well

I am slightly bothered by the helmet not being set completely straight on the head, but this being a mindless hollow... Well, wouldn't put it past them. :v

edit: Oh yeah also thanks for your kind words re: boan snek guise! I decided to give it some shading and apply that nifty pencil rubby thing i have, and well...

Better than expected. I need a scanner. :U
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:38:54 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: September 27, 2016, 09:19:44 pm »

Another ship. This time 952 tris. So like 1/10th of the way there.

Much nicer looking, I think.

Bonus Smoothed version. Over 16,500 tris on this one.

Much more alien looking. Can't get rid of that stupid mouth though.

Alright, last time. Prolly gonna submit these now. I'm happy with them, even if the extrude tool alone ain't that good for making decoratives.

Beetle Bomber and Bumble Frigate. Plus Smoothed versions:

Don't know what went wrong with the bee's butt though.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:15:25 am by BlackFlyme »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7811 on: September 28, 2016, 09:48:04 am »

I like the bumble frigate!

The quest to git gud continues. Slowly.

Spoiler: Portrait (click to show/hide)

There are almost infinite mistakes here, most of them related to proportion, so whilst pointing those out is appreciated I'd rather have criticism on other features. :v

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: September 28, 2016, 11:04:16 am »

His hairstyle is yukky, and you should be deeply, deeply ashamed for drawing someone with such poor taste and style.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: September 28, 2016, 11:09:51 am »

I thought the beard was well done, though. Assuming the grey is hair colour and not highlights from light, in which case it needs some work :P

And I know you said that you know about the perspective issues, but the eyes seem off to me - is it just me or is the one on the left bigger?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7814 on: September 28, 2016, 11:52:30 am »

I thought the beard was well done, though. Assuming the grey is hair colour and not highlights from light, in which case it needs some work :P

And I know you said that you know about the perspective issues, but the eyes seem off to me - is it just me or is the one on the left bigger?

The one on the left is bigger, yes. One of the mistakes I did know about but couldn't be bothered to fix. I get to a point where I'd rather stop chasing perfection, to explain why I leave things unfixed.

And thanks! The beard is as you said.
His hairstyle is yukky, and you should be deeply, deeply ashamed for drawing someone with such poor taste and style.

I literally hit random on a database of portraits. Alas.

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 845