Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282697 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7980 on: November 11, 2016, 07:50:21 pm »

Believe me when I say that I do understand how hard that is.  Perspective's a bitch.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: November 13, 2016, 12:37:24 pm »

I actually really like the idea of using a propeller-esque system for warp travel. My thought was more along the lines of turbine blades extending from a bearing in the middle of the hull, but it strikes me as an interesting style in general.

Yeah, I like the idea of using the special sub-space physics that way. In this case, I thought of a rotating warp coil that creates friction and push against the weird magic sub-space. But I'll need to make it look less like an egg-beater. I'd also like to slap on some Kitchen rudders, and I can't believe how I didn't think of it earlier.

I'm also rather interested in the idea of magic spess paddle wheels, now. Spess Great Eastern, like.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: November 13, 2016, 03:19:39 pm »

I actually really like the idea of using a propeller-esque system for warp travel. My thought was more along the lines of turbine blades extending from a bearing in the middle of the hull, but it strikes me as an interesting style in general.

Yeah, I like the idea of using the special sub-space physics that way. In this case, I thought of a rotating warp coil that creates friction and push against the weird magic sub-space. But I'll need to make it look less like an egg-beater. I'd also like to slap on some Kitchen rudders, and I can't believe how I didn't think of it earlier.

I'm also rather interested in the idea of magic spess paddle wheels, now. Spess Great Eastern, like.
That sounds great, actually. Don't think I've ever quite seen that before.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: November 13, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »

Right?

Of course, paddlewheels might cause issues, because having a big heavy wheel on one side of the ship renders it badly asymmetrical, which is really not allowable in spacecraft.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: November 13, 2016, 03:41:33 pm »

Afaik, it can be asymmetrical, but you still want your center of thrust to be aligned with your center of mass.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: November 14, 2016, 12:02:11 am »

Hummingbird-esque warp drive propeller-system. o_o Like how a hummingbird sustains its flight with the wind curving downwards, it makes a nice aesthetic idea for warp drive ships in space \o/
* Tiruin hauls this idea into her workshop and begins working on it in secret.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7986 on: November 14, 2016, 05:57:35 am »

Spoiler: Yharnam Hunter (click to show/hide)

No-quite-finished lineart. Will probably mess around with colouring it a bit at some later point.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:03 am »

Is that a Bloodborne thing? It looks like a Bloodborne thing.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7988 on: November 14, 2016, 10:11:01 am »

Is that a Bloodborne thing? It looks like a Bloodborne thing.

It's a non-specific Bloodborne fanart. It's on my "really want to play" list, but PS4 exclusive. I'm staying more-or-less blind as to what's in it. :P

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: November 14, 2016, 10:23:57 am »

Yeah, it'd look killer for a spess steam punk theme. Or spess Bloodborne, perhaps! "If the cosmos won't come to Yharnam, we will go to the cosmos!"

Right?

Of course, paddlewheels might cause issues, because having a big heavy wheel on one side of the ship renders it badly asymmetrical, which is really not allowable in spacecraft.

I was thinking of having two wheels, one port, one starboard. I think the oceanic paddle steamers had that arrangement, while the stern wheel was more useful for river steamers. Could be useful for shuttles, but the real-space conventional thrusters has to go somewhere, after all.

Hummingbird-esque warp drive propeller-system. o_o Like how a hummingbird sustains its flight with the wind curving downwards, it makes a nice aesthetic idea for warp drive ships in space \o/
* Tiruin hauls this idea into her workshop and begins working on it in secret.

Oh, my, that'd be the cutest starship ever! I wonder if it could run on honey.  :P

Good luck with that mood! I'd really like to see it, now.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7990 on: November 14, 2016, 10:42:09 am »

Yeah, it'd look killer for a spess steam punk theme. Or spess Bloodborne, perhaps! "If the cosmos won't come to Yharnam, we will go to the cosmos!"

A spess BloodSouls game is one of the things that would automatically go on my wishlist if it existed. :P

Spoiler: Flat colours (click to show/hide)

I think the colour theory is a bit better than it has been historically.

Edit:

Spoiler: Grey hunting (click to show/hide)

Blurgh, mediocre but it's late. Maybe it's fixable, maybe I'll just move on. Who knows? Future Arx is a fickle being.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:19:47 pm by Arx »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7991 on: November 14, 2016, 05:33:54 pm »

HMHMHM, yer improving! Those hands are actually pretty good, and we all know that hands are normally evil as heck. Pose is also decent, which is something i'm pretty sure i've poked you about before, so hey, good job! c:
Bro-tip for metal though, go HELLA SHINY. Obviously, dull metal does exist, it but tends to not look as... Metallic. More reflected light means less refracted light, so you generally end up with super sharp contrasts on shiny metal. You got the contrast between light and dark right, you're just smoothing it out too much, so you can actually get away with being more lazy here. :v

also hi guise i think i'm going to concede my defeat at inktober and start doing other things again

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: November 14, 2016, 06:26:08 pm »

Is that an alien flying fish?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: November 14, 2016, 07:33:45 pm »

Spoiler: Grey hunting (click to show/hide)
If I may, that doesn't look like a heavy enough weapon to be resting it on his shoulder like that. He kinda looks like he's just using it to scratch his back, you know?
Hands are really handsy, though. Coat looks pretty good too.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: November 15, 2016, 02:48:42 am »

Personally, I really like the overcoat.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 845