Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3533293 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7665 on: November 15, 2011, 02:29:22 am »

I have had money stolen from my bank account. My blood pressure is now 157 over 109. And the worst thing is that I feel perfectly calm.
No, that's a good thing. You can think things through rationally. Have you any leads?

Yes, I do have leads. Can't really deal with it until tomorrow.

Isn't that ridiculously high?

Dude, punch some walls in or something.

Yes: it is at the top of the range of "schedule a doctors appointment ASAP"  and slightly below "go to an emergency room right now or risk organ failure". I walked it off. Its down to "you need to ask a doctor how to adjust your diet and spend less time at work".
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7666 on: November 15, 2011, 03:20:25 am »

Makes me really sad I never had an experience like that.  I was a commuter student.  Still lived with my parents the first half of my college career and was working and independent with my own family the second half.  All 8 years, I showed up for my classes and went back home.  Didn't even get to know many people.

I HATE THIS.

I HAVE THIS.

I HATE IT.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: November 15, 2011, 12:30:27 pm »

Apparently my sound card is borked.

Wait, no, the drivers just had somehow uninstalled themselves.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:45:21 pm by Ottofar »

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: November 16, 2011, 03:27:23 pm »

PROTECT IP and the Internet Blacklist Bill. Need I say more?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: November 16, 2011, 03:37:33 pm »

PROTECT IP and the Internet Blacklist Bill. Need I say more?

Yes, you need to mention that they change the name of the bill every week so that it can't gain popular opposition.

It was was also called EPARASITE and is now SOPA.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: November 16, 2011, 04:05:46 pm »

PROTECT-IP/E-PARASITE/SOPA can't gain popular opposition, you say?

Lawyers
Librarians
A couple elected officials (and ron paul ::) )
Ebay, Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mozilla, and Zynga
Hacker News the site, the ACLU, multiple kinds of large groups
Security firm ESET and their pointing out how you cannot make the DNS system more secure via DNSSEC if the USA wants to change it on a damn whim!
And a random study somewhat related.
Probably others I've missed. I'd say thats a fairly popular an opposition at this point, yes?

Meanwhile, they've continued pretending they know what they're doing while quite obviously stacking the hearing in thier favor and then flat out denying they just did so.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: November 16, 2011, 04:21:00 pm »

Guess it's time to update my text file list of website ip addresses just in case. >_<

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: November 16, 2011, 04:21:58 pm »

It won't pass. I've never been Google's biggest fan, but the fact of the matter is that they do want the internet to be free, and they own enough of it to bring everything crashing down if they want to. For once, a corporation may buy Congress to do something good while other corporations try to buy Congress to do something bad.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: November 16, 2011, 04:37:10 pm »

Oy. Just read that John Conyers' letter in favor of SOPA was titled "Promote Jobs and Economic Growth: Protect Consumers and Our Troops - Support H.R. 3261".

WTF do the troops have to do with anything? He might as well have titled it "Save Baby Seals, Orphan Children, Mom and Apple Pie, and God Bless America -- Support H.R. 3261"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: November 16, 2011, 04:42:05 pm »

They're yelling everything thats supposed to be patriotic to try and drag their crap out of the doom it will have eventually.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #7675 on: November 16, 2011, 05:53:14 pm »

So I gave up on connecting the PS2 to my monitor and got an old TV from home. Now the power cables don't reach. >_>

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: November 16, 2011, 05:54:56 pm »

So I gave up on connecting the PS2 to my monitor and got an old TV from home. Now the power cables don't reach. >_>

Perhaps you should relocate the computer to the home where the TV is, or the TV to the building where your computer is. Its a bad idea to run extension cords between buildings anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: November 19, 2011, 04:08:49 am »

I appreciate my high school's volleyball team, but by the gods do I hate Crazybeard McSportsdude, the hyper-spirited wrestling coach who takes it upon himself to announce things at school assemblies.

My school's volleyball team just won state. To celebrate, the school put on an assembly. This is the RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE part. You see, when the Knowledge Bowl team won state last year, our 'assembly' was actually just a footnote. The Track team was going off to their State competition, and everyone on the team was getting recognized, and there was a lot of cheering. Right at the end, while people were leaving, Crazybeard tells everyone, "Oh, yeah, and Knowledge Bowl won state. Isn't that awesome?" I didn't mind too much then. Fast forward to today. Everyone is called to the gymnasium for an assembly by Crazybeard, and for the next hour, they talk about how great the volleyball team is. They got the mayor, the superintendent, the school board director, the principle, the ASB president, the team coach, and both captains to make a speech. Crazybeard led everyone in those silly forced cheers for twenty minutes. To cap it all off, he pointed out that this was the first state trophy my school had won since Cross Country got one in 2005. Bearing in mind, of course, that the trophy we won last year is two feet from him at the front office when he does the morning announcements every morning.

I was pissed off, so I gathered some people who also noticed this error, and we talked to him. Apparently he 'didn't want to throw two assemblies into one', so we're getting recognition next month. When math team leaves for state. Six months after the fact. The best we'll probably get from him is, "Hey, these people got a trophy, too!". The least he could do is pretend he respects us.

At least it's incentive to win again this year. He'll shit bricks when we're the first team in exactly 100 years to win two titles in a row. Also, we'll make sure we get some other person to announce at that one because none of us trust him at all.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:25:06 am by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: November 19, 2011, 07:31:14 am »

I appreciate my high school's volleyball team, but by the gods do I hate Crazybeard McSportsdude, the hyper-spirited wrestling coach who takes it upon himself to announce things at school assemblies.

My school's volleyball team just won state. To celebrate, the school put on an assembly. This is the RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE part. You see, when the Knowledge Bowl team won state last year, our 'assembly' was actually just a footnote. The Track team was going off to their State competition, and everyone on the team was getting recognized, and there was a lot of cheering. Right at the end, while people were leaving, Crazybeard tells everyone, "Oh, yeah, and Knowledge Bowl won state. Isn't that awesome?" I didn't mind too much then. Fast forward to today. Everyone is called to the gymnasium for an assembly by Crazybeard, and for the next hour, they talk about how great the volleyball team is. They got the mayor, the superintendent, the school board director, the principle, the ASB president, the team coach, and both captains to make a speech. Crazybeard led everyone in those silly forced cheers for twenty minutes. To cap it all off, he pointed out that this was the first state trophy my school had won since Cross Country got one in 2005. Bearing in mind, of course, that the trophy we won last year is two feet from him at the front office when he does the morning announcements every morning.

I was pissed off, so I gathered some people who also noticed this error, and we talked to him. Apparently he 'didn't want to throw two assemblies into one', so we're getting recognition next month. When math team leaves for state. Six months after the fact. The best we'll probably get from him is, "Hey, these people got a trophy, too!". The least he could do is pretend he respects us.

At least it's incentive to win again this year. He'll shit bricks when we're the first team in exactly 100 years to win two titles in a row. Also, we'll make sure we get some other person to announce at that one because none of us trust him at all.

Well....he's a wrestling coach. Kinda stands to reason he's going to value athletics over scholastics. It's a rare high school that doesn't do that, to be honest.

My high school had several outstanding teams. Volleyball, tennis, golf, girls' basketball, wrestling and both soccer teams *all* won regional and/or state titles while I was there. We also had some excellent scholastic teams (of which I was a part). And yet the only thing that seemed to matter to most people was football -- where we were the suckiest bunch of sucks to ever suck a suck. Our combined record the four years I was there was something like 7-33, including one 0-10 season. >_<

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: November 19, 2011, 12:36:21 pm »

I've probably said before how if I ever get the chance to kill my stepdad and get away with it, I'd take it(and meant it). He's pushing me closer and closer to completely forgetting the "and get away with it" part. I make one little comment complaining about how he shut off the thing that pumps water into the toilet tank and not telling me, and the second I leave the room he suddenly goes off on some rant, which includes threats of violence and evictions. That night, I slept with a club in my hands.

And then, yesterday, my manager was giving me shit about how some boxes weren't broken down to his exact specifications before throwing them into the cardboard dumpster, and giving me shit about how I didn't bring my box cutter to work, and the only time I have brought it to work was this week, and it wasn't to cut boxes(see above).

Well....he's a wrestling coach. Kinda stands to reason he's going to value athletics over scholastics. It's a rare high school that doesn't do that, to be honest.
I think my high school at least tried to do that, and our teams weren't that bad. One of the science teachers was the coach of at least one boys' team and one girls' team, and was the most popular teachers in the school.

Oh, and he came to work drunk a lot, broke his leg in a motorcycle accident(while DWI), and was caught having sex with one of the students.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 3345