Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963143 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3180 on: March 02, 2016, 05:29:44 am »

I don't actually know what "charged inquiry" means. What does it mean?
The message I tried to convey was that 'name a single other race that's better than humanity' is such a general statement that it outright invites conflict. 'Better than humanity' could be defined as so many things - what, better designed biologically, better psykers, better culture, better gods, better faction aesthetic, better what? Gotta be more specific, because pretty much every other faction in 40k has humans beat in one or more aspects.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: March 02, 2016, 05:46:54 am »

Deep breaths people, deep race neutral breaths.
We're all calm, here.
Ya'll better be, this thread came pre-chilled, and I want to have cool discussion when summer rolls around.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: March 02, 2016, 06:18:46 am »

Name a single other race that's better than humanity.
Never have I seen a more charged inquiry during talking about 40k.
I don't actually know what "charged inquiry" means. What does it mean?
'Likely to start a flame war'.
Other phrase is 'loaded question'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: March 02, 2016, 06:25:55 am »

First are the orks... will never degenerate into substandard technology

While green is best, this isn't quite true - Feral Orks are a thing.
Feral Orks can also be derived from an original population of spaceborne Orks stranded on a world who effectively devolve back to a feral state, losing their access to more advanced technology.

Orks can lose access to a lot of their orky technology, which ironically makes them better at ranged combat than orks with guns.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: March 02, 2016, 07:17:29 am »

Because thrown spears are better than pointed guns?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: March 02, 2016, 09:06:16 am »

Aren't feral Orks one of the first stages of the fungus infestation? I remember the spores taking a hold in whatever niche they can, then growing fungus and squigs, then snotligns, gretchings, and then feral orks. Only when a certain threshold is passed, specialized ones like meks are born, that would know by DNA memories how to get metal (if scrap is not available) to make weapons and eventually get the means to leave the planet.

Or was it old fluff? Did Matt Ward rewrote the Orks too?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: March 02, 2016, 09:13:10 am »

They are, but the scale can move in both directions. If enough Orks die all at once the infestation will revert to an earlier state.

In addition, Orks can break the laws of physics but not explicitly, and so in a bad enough situation they'll get stuck on-world, i.e. Gorkamorka.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3187 on: March 02, 2016, 09:21:38 am »

Yeah. I don't see your point here. I'm talking about nowadays. They didn't seem to have trouble with Daemons before Slaanesh showed up either, though, so...*shrug*
And when they got trouble they wiped out most of their race at once.
Teaching how to not summon Daemons while manipulating wraithbone=brainwashing. Okay. The 'less time to fuck up' and 'more time being taught' was kinda my point.
So if you fuck up manipulating wraithbone you summon deamons so it would be completly okay to kill an Eldar for purposefuly wrongly manipulating wraithbone and summoning deamons because THIS GUY IS A THREAT TO ALL OF CRAFTWORLD.
What's fucking got to do with anything? I mean, yeah, it takes a while to imprint sexual and emotional repression into people, what's your point?
Especially when we're talking about a race that originally breeded like rabbits and partied so hard that they caused an CHAOS GOD OF SEX AND DRUGS AND ROCK'N'ROLL to appear.
Well, if I remember right, the Craftworld Eldar didn't do that, in any case. That's why they survived. They had to have discipline on the trading vessels, so they didn't all die from being too successful at life. As compared to physical genocide of all other races. Okay. I mean, there's also the whole Harlequin deal where they hold plays to remind everyone not to be too happy because eitherwise the bogeymanSlaanesh will get you.
The Craftworld Eldar survived because they were far, far away from Eye of Terror at the time. And physical genocide of all other races? Whut, humanity didin't give a single shit when it happened, maybe other than we started to fuck a bit more, which in the long term might have been good for us.
This is kinda like blaming the dog for being four-legged, which is why it couldn't hold that assault rifle. Like, no shit, but what difference does it make here? Also, see below about 'entire galaxy's worth'.
The difference it makes is that the self-claimed most powerful psykers which specialize in divination and forseeing the future FUCKED AN CHAOS GOD INTO EXISTENCE.
DUDEMAN. Capital letters are UNNECESSARY. As you can see, they DON'T REALLY CONTRIBUTE to the discussion, and it makes me think that you might be a bit OVERZEALOUS IN YOUR HATRED ON AN ONLINE FORUM THREAD MEANT FOR THE DISCUSSION OF ALL THINGS 40K AND NOT JUST MINDLESS ADORATION OF THE EMPEROR.
WITCHCRAFT!
Seriously, Kot. Calm down. I get that you love the Imperium. They are not the end-all be-all 'best-guys' (there are no good guys) in 40k.
HERESY!
Furthermore, Sisters of Battle have a shitton of different prayers.
WITCHCRAFT! MUTATION!! HERESY!!!
Emps can hear you pray regardless of whether you have proper diction.
He's moody enough to not answer your prayer if you have wrong diction.
If the Chaos Gods have taken an interest in you, same applies. Sisters of Battle have an exceptional level of faith not present in the average Imperial citizen, who's just trying to get through the day without dying of poisonous smog in the mid-levels of their Hive Cities. It took about literally a galaxy's worth of the strongest large-number psykers in existence experiencing the limits of their heightened emotional capacities to summon Slaanesh, and she still got beaten on by Khorne afterwards.
There's a high chance Slannesh did it on purpose, as there's a high chance s/h/it enjoyed it.
If you're not on Terra, you're not going to open a Warp Gate to Terra by pronouncing a few syllables. There's a reason sacrifices and shit are needed.
Better safe than sorry.
These are all reasons to 'teach them how to do it correctly', not 'slaughter the lot of them, obviously they're too stupid to be worth anything other than rations'.
Teached correctly mind can still fall to Chaos. Dead mind can't. Better safe than sorry.
Ave Imperator.
Ave!
Gorkamorka.
DIGGANOBZ.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: March 02, 2016, 11:47:28 am »

god-emperor that hurt body and soul to read that
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: March 02, 2016, 11:56:04 am »

snip'd for stupid multi-quoting.

So, what you are fundamentally saying, is that the best possible option is to kill literally every possible psionic entity in the galaxy?

Cool, we'll start with humanity since they're pants-on-head retarded about this shit.

(This is a joke, your point is so ridiculously nihilistic I can't take it seriously.)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: March 02, 2016, 12:00:01 pm »

Yeah that multiquoting somehow makes it an even-moreso-than-usual-impenetrable-textwall.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3191 on: March 02, 2016, 12:05:09 pm »

(This is a joke, your point is so ridiculously nihilistic I can't take it seriously.)
Actually that is... exactly the only option that ever existed to defeat Chaos.
The fall of Alpha Legion -REDACTED- is attributed to Cabal telling them that either Horus kills Emperor, humanity is wiped out together with basically everything else and Chaos basically commits suicide due to this, or Emperor wins and due to humanity reaches critical mass and cannot be simply wiped out, proably spreads to other galaxies and so does Chaos. Thanfully (?) Alpharius/Omegon -REDACTED- decided that there was third option (or maybe simply each one choose the different option), which resulted in eternal stalemate of what we have now.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: March 02, 2016, 12:07:20 pm »

I am fully aware of the lore.  It doesn't make the point any less mindlessly nihilistic.

I like 40k for gameplay, the lore has always been pure idiocy distilled into saleable format.

Edit: sorry that came off as more confrontational than I wanted, not trying to start an argument or anything.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:10:05 pm by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3193 on: March 02, 2016, 12:09:56 pm »

I am fully aware of the lore.  It doesn't make the point any less mindlessly nihilistic.

I like 40k for gameplay, the lore has always been pure idiocy distilled into saleable format.
Heretic.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: March 02, 2016, 12:10:35 pm »

Apology retracted.

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 824