Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963157 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #4665 on: July 01, 2016, 12:02:20 pm »

Fortunately, the Kaptin is able to prevail by eating the Necrons to gain their power.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: July 01, 2016, 12:13:07 pm »

Fortunately, the Kaptin is able to prevail by eating the Necrons to gain their power.
I just have an image in my head of an ork warboss shoving necrons into his mouth like they're frenchfries.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: July 01, 2016, 12:14:03 pm »

This was the intent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: July 01, 2016, 12:46:01 pm »

Oh ye, you can totally make a full comedy movie out of ork daily life and still be 100% faithful to 40k canon.

PROTECT DA SHINY BRIDGES BOYZ
ORKS IZ BEST

The entire story is about an Ork Kaptin who wants to blast a likeness of his face into a moon.

Too bad that moon is an Imperial Outpost.
yes please

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: July 01, 2016, 02:55:03 pm »

A Netflix series would be great. 13 episodes or more following several characters, all of whose actions affects the others even if they don't know it. A world under attack by a Chaos rebellion. A guardsman on the front line, weary and tired. A noblewoman who should sitting on the top of the capital, instead thrust into the underhive. A cultist who's having second thoughts about the Chaos gods. Perhaps an inquisitor, a priest or something similar. Just noting.
And they all die at the end of their specific episode. Hell, give each a season and I'd be happy-I want to know what it's like to be a poor, tired guardsman!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: July 01, 2016, 03:11:10 pm »

Imperium, an epic miniseries that follow the history of several characters dragged into a interstellar conflict...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: July 01, 2016, 03:16:20 pm »

Imperium, an epic miniseries that follow the history of several characters dragged into a interstellar conflict...
That could really work. It'd just be important to avoid Game of Thrones syndrome, where many characters die but a few are plot armoured for success and rising the ranks and such. It should be important to emphasize that all of them can easily be replaced, that they are but one among trillions, etc etc.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: July 01, 2016, 03:26:04 pm »

That could really work. It'd just be important to avoid Game of Thrones syndrome, where many characters die but a few are plot armoured for success and rising the ranks and such. It should be important to emphasize that all of them can easily be replaced, that they are but one among trillions, etc etc.
Yes. Perhaps follow a group of people, the components of which are often replaced.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: July 01, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »

I think some nobles scheming, a imperial guard platoon, if they are special forces better. Perhaps a detachment of a space marine company, and not one famous at that, one created for the series. Some navy officers and so on... all coalescing into a conflict larger than all of them, where they get to feel how small and replaceable they are.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: July 01, 2016, 03:40:43 pm »

I think some nobles scheming, a imperial guard platoon, if they are special forces better. Perhaps a detachment of a space marine company, and not one famous at that, one created for the series. Some navy officers and so on... all coalescing into a conflict larger than all of them, where they get to feel how small and replaceable they are.
An inquisitor seeing heresy where there is none, a Tau agent trying to make sense of what is going on, a Tyranid genestealer cult...oh yes. This is delicious.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: July 01, 2016, 03:43:45 pm »

oh gosh the tau, nooooo
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: July 01, 2016, 03:51:33 pm »

oh gosh the tau, nooooo

Yes. It begins...the end of worlds and men alike.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: July 01, 2016, 04:37:00 pm »

I wasn't the only one who had a movie idea? Darn.

Mine starts with the Imperium purging and reclaiming a Tau colony(similar to Kronus in Dark Crusade), possibly dealing with suddenly-not-so-feral Orks, while Chaos starts getting it's shit up, and ending with the Imperium saying "fuck it" and buggering out before performing Exterminatus on the doomed world as daemons swarm the place.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: July 03, 2016, 04:55:04 am »

I am sad now because those ideas are so awesome and thus will never actually become a show/movies.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: July 03, 2016, 05:19:42 am »

I am sad now because those ideas are so awesome and thus will never actually become a show/movies.

If it makes you feel any better those are best case scenarios. Chances are they would be as engaging as the Dungeons and dragons movies.

Since even when Hollywood has a good idea... they find some way to screw it up.

Just look at the Legend of Chun-Li

"A Interpol Agent must fight a underground organization shadowloo and its psychokinetic leader"
Turns into
"A pianist must learn martial arts in order to beat up some Irish bloke"
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 824