Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964181 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11010 on: January 08, 2019, 02:41:59 pm »

I want... no... I DEMAND moar info about BFG 2. NOW! (if there's anything worth of course).
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11011 on: January 08, 2019, 04:05:41 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4

Oh fuck yes. If only GW would fund movie projects of this kind of quality. The lack of voicework helps, I think - that's usually the first thing that makes fanworks come off as amateurish and cringy, but this just looks and feels fantastic and polished throughout.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11012 on: January 28, 2019, 11:17:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Been a while since I posted any minis, so here's a Beastlord I converted and painted up over the past couple of days.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11013 on: January 28, 2019, 12:04:07 pm »

Once again your painting skills astound me.

Meanwhile in my Wrath & Glory campaign, my squad of three savlar chem-dogs (one ganger class, one guardsman and one stormtrooper) and one junior commissar have successfully knocked out: Four glitchlings (nurgling+), four eyestinger swarms, four Nurgle grubs, four gellarpox cultists (poxwalker+) and two hullbreakers, and happily walked away without a single person put down- although the commissar has picked up a nasty Slaught addiction.

I’m beginning to realise they’re turning themselves into the kind of glass cannons only hunans can just pull off.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: January 28, 2019, 01:20:02 pm »

I was just in an Apocalypse game. ‘‘Twas two tables of 3v3, where our table was fighting for the generators that let the titan on the other table fire.

My Ork Horde took down 2/3rds of the opponents Death Guardin the first turn. He was running plaguewalkers, and so put all his troops up front in the assumption that they would be meatshields. I killed 2 maxed units, 2 5-man Deathguard squads, and Typhus all on our first turn. We then took 3 boys and a nob as casualties.

My boss then proceeded to kill almost 1000 points worth of stuff

2 Necron Crypteks
1 Fully Kitted Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Celestine
Celestine Again (Damn Resurectin Umie’s)
A Fully Kitted Death Guard Helbrute
And Typhus.

The other table (which was where the “actual” game was happening) lost but by god, My Warboss went home happy

Oh, and I accidentally left him exposed after killing the Helbrute, so he took 4 Meltaguns to the face and survived like the ducking boss he was.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: January 28, 2019, 02:34:57 pm »

I mean lets be honest, orks wouldn't care in the slightest that the other table lost as long as they got a damn good fight.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: January 28, 2019, 03:11:43 pm »

Meanwhile Celestine has allied with chaos, and Necrons allied with chaos, to defend (attack?) some titan generators.  Titans are just that important.  Only to get rekt by an 'ard ork.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: January 29, 2019, 03:27:13 pm »

I mean lets be honest, orks wouldn't care in the slightest that the other table lost as long as they got a damn good fight.

That was basically my reaction yeah. Also, im counting Celestine twice for points, because I killed her both times, and if you disagree 9/10 Boys agree that U is a Pansee Git, thus meaning its true.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: January 31, 2019, 02:15:26 am »

I was just in an Apocalypse game. ‘‘Twas two tables of 3v3, where our table was fighting for the generators that let the titan on the other table fire.

My Ork Horde took down 2/3rds of the opponents Death Guardin the first turn. He was running plaguewalkers, and so put all his troops up front in the assumption that they would be meatshields. I killed 2 maxed units, 2 5-man Deathguard squads, and Typhus all on our first turn. We then took 3 boys and a nob as casualties.

My boss then proceeded to kill almost 1000 points worth of stuff

2 Necron Crypteks
1 Fully Kitted Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Celestine
Celestine Again (Damn Resurectin Umie’s)
A Fully Kitted Death Guard Helbrute
And Typhus.

The other table (which was where the “actual” game was happening) lost but by god, My Warboss went home happy

Oh, and I accidentally left him exposed after killing the Helbrute, so he took 4 Meltaguns to the face and survived like the ducking boss he was.
Were the two tables equal sized or was the "actual" game larger?  Cause it doesn't seem fair that your table would have such a small impact if both tables had the same army values.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: January 31, 2019, 07:19:20 am »

Same values, both tables were 3v3 with 1500 per person.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: January 31, 2019, 10:16:09 am »

I find the lack of BFG A2 reports disturbing.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11021 on: January 31, 2019, 10:24:12 am »

It's a game. Campaign is fun. Battles are fun. They promise another campaign and some new ships in future.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: January 31, 2019, 11:34:40 am »

How are the nids? And who are you blasting them into oblivion at the helm of His most glorious ships?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: January 31, 2019, 11:45:14 am »

Same values, both tables were 3v3 with 1500 per person.

Sounds like a blast. I just ran my 1k freebootaz list against Death guard with similar results.
He even ran a few Daemon Princes to cheese his way through, to no avail against my 2+ to hit flash gitz.

AP -2 runs them up against the invuln, and then 2D messes with their feel no pain save.
It’s the equivalent of running autocannons against RobbyG

My only complaint would be the comparatively lacklustre melee. They’ve got the attacks, but nothing which would charge them usually cares without some kind of AP or D.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:47:56 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11024 on: January 31, 2019, 12:17:17 pm »

How are the nids? And who are you blasting them into oblivion at the helm of His most glorious ships?
Very strong, bordering on overpowered. Boarding is one of the most meta strategies, Space Marines are also very powerful due to this. I'm not sure about the second question.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 824