Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 43282 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 4.5: Let the Games Begin]
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2018, 09:02:04 pm »

((Hey Irony, would my Brawling cover grabbing the snake and using it as a whip on the jackals? I figure it'd be like using a belt that wasn't dead yet.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2018, 03:38:38 am »

((Hey Irony, would my Brawling cover grabbing the snake and using it as a whip on the jackals? I figure it'd be like using a belt that wasn't dead yet.))
((Probably, yeah.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 09, 2018, 07:51:57 am »

Turn 5: Ten Points to Gryffindor

[7:58 PM] Dermonster:    also I'm not sure how fair this scoring system is when my house literally just has me and that other dude and everyone else has ten
[7:59 PM] IronyOwl:    huehuehue

Stone magic to move the stone around me out of here. Masonry to make the area excavated to look REAL GOOD.
[2] You shift it slightly, squishing yourself further.

[2] You attempt to chisel a statue out of some of the stone, both to free yourself and eventually make the excavated area look REAL GOOD, but the statue ends up as a crude, heavily stylized slab of rock depicting yourself screaming as you're buried alive for all eternity.

-1 HP
-1 Sandstone
+1 Sandstone Statue

I order my ninja followers to attack the jackals and/or my housemates. That should help me winnow them down to the most competent recruits.
Meanwhile, I will use Ninjaturgy to hide from evil "other wizards" in the shadows. Maybe inside that shadow ball Tiruin has! Can't see that going badly.
[6] You persuade your ninja recruits- that is, all the gatherers and one of the couriers, since the farmers are already engaged- that as ninjas they never have to fear reprisal and can attack the jackals from the shadows without getting attacked in return. You're fairly confident this will work out and have no side effects if it doesn't.

[5] You slide into the shadows of Akari's shadow ball. It feels... natural in here. Comfortable. Like you belong here.

+1 Leadership Passion
+1 Ninjaturgy

Cut up the Golem bodies into floating metal ingots using metal magic and animation.

Then, take the metal ingots to the blacksmith shop and create as much farming tools as metal would allow. Try to aid with my own blacksmithing skills if possible.

[4] You use animation and metal magic to get the golems to break apart into ragged but easily managed chunks. It looks like heavily tarnished brass.

[6] Still reeling from the afterimages in your vision, you decide to haggle with the blacksmith instead of doing the work yourself. Plus, you know, he might object to you trying to use his shop to avoid having to pay him. Anyway, the point is you get him to agree to forge the tools for a share of the profits instead of coin. This makes them initially free!

[2] Unfortunately he's blind drunk, so he just pounds your ragged chunks of metal into mangled chunks of metal.

+6 Ragged Golemmetal Chunks
+3 Mangled Golemmetal Chunks
+1 Haggling Passion

Politely request that my skeleton calm the fuck down. Nevermind, seems it already did. But still, try to work out a way for us to communicate with each other so that we're not working at cross purposes.
Continue healing. Try to get my skeleton to bring me to a comfortable place to do this.

When does this get to happen?
[2] You try to work with your skeleton to get it to do what you want it to do. It rejects your fleshy tyranny and decides to wander off into the jackalwoods to spite you.

[3] It's fairly relaxing out here, at least. Strange chittering insects, ominously barren yet flourishing trees, strange shapes out of the corner of your eyes that you can't fully look at without fighting against your own skeleton.

+1 HP

Jeffery Kentwood summons a large amount of cast iron spears for the peasants being attacked by jackals. One point of summoning for the base spell, a point of metal to make the spears out of cast iron, another point of metal to give the spears a complicated shape, and two points of summoning for the larger quantity of spears being summoned.

Jeffery then uses his own noodly spear of power to engage the jackals, using his spear skill as needed to attack.

[1] To no one's great surprise, your attempts to summon spears to protect the peasantry result in a hail of iron shards directly on the peasantry. They seem ungrateful.

[1] To no one's great surprise, your attempts to defeat jackals with a noodly spear results in tripping yourself and somehow managing to stab yourself in the same motion and with the same worse-than-worthless weapon.

Peasants take 5 damage, generally displeased
-3 HP
+1 Summoning
+1 Spears

"Hmm... I'm going to need a wagon or something..." BB quickly realizes, and makes her way back to the village, wondering why some villagers and mages seem to be missing.

She decides to use the Golort as a vehicle to search for people

When she finds out what's going on she sends it to help out with squishing jackals

[2] The golort, never really being intended as a mobile anything, is rather slow and clumsy, and accordingly gets itself stuck in a ditch on its way to the jackals. Not a deep ditch, but its foot is stuck right in there and neither of your can pry it out.

Golort is stuck

Okay! New plan! Leaving "House Best". Founding the Wizard Gang "FUCK OFF". Anyone who is tired of House bullshit or bullshit of any kind can join!

Rules of Gang FUCK OFF:
  • No casting magic on other members of FUCK OFF without permission!
  • Minimize damage to our infrastructure!
  • If we need to make a decision, we vote on it. Each person can vote for multiple options and ties are broken by RNG!
  • NO DAGON

This is the full extent of the rules!

Tell my pet to go and tell the local crow population to go and murder that pack of jackals. Inspire her to do so very stylishly and persuasively using fashion! Also any bird who helps out saving the farmers can have a treat-

Figure out who does the cooking around here, I'm going to need to coerce them into making some tasty biscuits to feed to birds. Birds love biscuits.

[3] Lady Irstivfell caws insolently before flying off at a sluggish pace. Hopefully she'll convey your message.

[5] The chief cook is of course the innkeeper, who also does the brewing. He admits that cactus liquor is more of a regional gimmick and most of the booze in town comes from buying it. Anyway, he agrees to cook tasty biscuits to stay on the good side of the ravening horde of crows that will no doubt be common around these parts.

[6] He even cooks some nice biscuits for them! There's kind of a lot of whiskey baked in there, though. Kind of a lot of whiskey.

+1 Haggling Passion
+6 Whiskey Biscuits

Sine the situation has changed, please repost your actions, even if you're still doing the same thing.

Glow Magic: Distract or shoo away (or injure) jackals D:
IF Jackals are dispersed or otherwise not a threat, Life magic to heal everyone involved--prioritizing hurt peasants!

Protection Magic: Defend self, Elen, and presumably any other person in dire danger.
Spend 1 action to transfer that shield formula I've developed. (Metaknowledge in play, I'm just developing it to say "I actually have something to use as a common thing" rather than having a transferable shield everytime, since its a dedicated action anyway :p)

Probably ask people to think about changing our house name, but I'm ok with Nightmare ._.

[2] You make a glowy shiny thing. The jackals are disinterested and continue to eat delicious peasantflesh.

[2] You try to shield Elen but it just bonks her with a block of solid-ish energy.

[6] You also apply that shield you were building up to her. This may have been a poor idea, because it encases her entirely in a crystal-looking barrier. She can't affect the outside world any better than it can affect her.

Elen now shielded but trapped
+1 Protection

Run on down to the place where the tasty jackals are.

3 Flesh to burst hearts, 5 Transmogrification to mutate to uselessness.

3 vitamancy to heal peasants.

[4] You stretch the jackals in various unpleasant ways, causing trauma and inconvenience. The peasants hail you as a savior and hero that should clearly be granted vast powers and implicit trust.

[6] You also heal the peasants flawlessly. Well, more like ruthlessly, supercharging them with essential vitality to withstand being gnawed upon. The peasants are somewhat concerned but still prefer this to being eaten.

Jackals take 4 damage, prevented from dealing 4 damage
Peasants healed for 6, stressed out
+1 Vitamancy

"Things can never ever work out between the peasantry and hungry jackals. Maybe some diplomacy would be in order if the jackals did not find the peasants so delicious."

1 Necromancy: Spit the evil spirit essence out.
+1: Refine it into a weapon of sorts.
+1: Fire the evil essence gun at the jackals.

Mace: Smack jackals, absorb their hp via mini-succ.

[1] You choke on the terrible, writhing corruption inside you, gagging and heaving as its terrible claws dig their way into your essence.

When you finally manage to breathe again, it's with an unsettling sort of caw.

[4] You bash a few jackals, though you're not very good with this thing.

1 damage to jackals
Disjointed->Tainted
+1 Necromancy

"I'm still innocent, it's all Jeffrey's fault!"

Affirm my innocence, and blame Jeffrey.

Use necromancy passion to drain the life force of the jackals.

[2] That's just what someone who fed people to jackals would say!!!

[2] You manage to get your life force stuck in an endless loop, sucking up your own vital essence to replenish the essence you're sucking out of yourself. It's rather bracing.

-1 HP
Lifeloop
1 Necromancy Passion Used: Necromancy improves from +1 to +2!

Anna pulls herself to her feet, expressionless as she examined the situation. Her own body was probably about to give out on her, but with the villagers in danger, she couldn't exactly afford to waste anymore time worrying about herself for the moment.

With that thought in mind, Anna grips her hammer tightly and begins to run towards the jackal attack, EMPOWERING her arms and legs with VITAMANCY to help her speed up and to make a rather powerful, flashy entrance (and help her land without breaking her legs), assuming it all worked. She'd leap off the nearest elevation, activating the rocket in the GRAVITY HAMMER - "Gravittty... - to help propel her into the air, powering it up with her DESTRUCTION magic before shifting it to launch her towards the jackals and SLAM it into the jackals and the ground they were standing on. - "...Hammerrrrr!!"

Once on the ground, she'd lift an arm towards the villagers and chant a PROTECTION spell (using 1 PROTECTION PASSION) to keep them safe. "Mana, keep safe those I wish to protect! Barrier!"

Hopefully this life crash thing wouldn't be too bad...
[6] Like all good protagonists, when you get fired up and righteous nothing survives impact. Your blow sunders the earth, hurling jackals like wriggly brown sausages and sending peasants rolling backwards in a cloud of dust.

Also, you blow clear through the soil and fall into a cavern lined with ominous metallic piping.

[2] You try to protect the peasants on your way down, but it just protects them from the impact of your own hammer.

[2] Your life force finally crashes at this point, and it's a hard crash. You feel your vital essence sucking into your core, leaving your body little more than a husk. As you slam into the water at the bottom of the cavern, the impact feels dull and unimportant- equipment taking a hit, not your body suffering a fall.

This should render you extremely resistant to damage anywhere but your heart, at least.

12 damage to jackals
Peasants really impressed!
Now a husk
+1 Vitamancy

[6] Your dort fort golort rises with a thunderous moan, shambling all the way over to the abomination.

[5] Despite it's awkward and excessive motions, it peels the corpse up enough to pluck Auntie from her unsightly nook.
Oh, thanks.

First, use my freshly aquired diplomacy passion to try to convince peasants that i'm not a tyrant, respect their rights and don't want to seize control over them in particular or village in general.

Second, enchant the sword blade more.
((thinking this trough..))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Carnage partially failed to ensue, but i still want to do this.))
[3] You manage to persuade them you're a foreign tyrant, and thus no danger to the rights of those here. This sort of works, maybe? They're peasants, it's hard to tell what they think makes sense.

[6] Your pour your heart and soul into the sword, and it, uh... is it supposed to... pull like that? It seems to hunger ravenously for mystic power, to the point that you can't actually cast any spells while holding it. It also clings to sources of mystical power, so... putting it down might be difficult.

Spelleater enchanted
Known Tyrant->Foreign Tyrant
+1 Enchanting
3 Enchanting Passion Spent: Enchanting improves from +5 to +6!
Diplomacy increased from +0 to +1!

In that case, try to impress the peasants by blessing them with the gift of Dagon and doing random miracles with his power. Teach them about Dagon Worship.

Still try to apply Dagon Magic Summoningnto get rid of the crow stuck on my corpse.

[1] You sort of underestimate the severity of channeling Dagon's power, and attempt to preach and perform miracles in His name. This mostly results in you rupturing like a very tough, fibery bag, splitting into ragged tendrils that scream and writhe of their own accord while... something emerges from your husk, slinking off beyond perception.

[3] You summon a maw onto your shoulder to help gnaw on the bird.

[5] The crow feasts on your delicious life force, growing stronger and stranger from the eldritch nature of your flesh.

Take 6 damage
That's really the least of your concerns
You're like a ragged eldritch banana peel
+1 Dagon Worship

Jackals: [5] Oh yeah, they feast on some delicious peasantflesh. There's a lot of screaming and "Curse you ELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!" as they're dragged off into a horde of feasting dogs. Jeffrey just whistles innocently. VonNost's wobbliness and healing manages to save some, as does the general damage inflicted by Anna and others. Jeffrey's javelin rain doesn't help, but hey at least it's not his fault they're out here to begin with! Haha, ha.

Peasants: 21/30
Jackals: 13/30

Spoiler: House Best (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Deepstone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Nightmare (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 5: Ten Points to Gryffindor]
« Reply #228 on: October 09, 2018, 08:05:36 am »

Try to use Dagon magic to fuse with the crow.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 09, 2018, 08:13:01 am »

((It was inevitable))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2018, 08:42:03 am »

((I just want to get over this crow thing so I can finally get started playing. My actions have been interrupted every single turn and I haven't managed to do anything yet...))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2018, 08:49:14 am »

Since I won't really be helping my house with this, put me in with the other unafiliated lads for now.

Use Chi Magic to resummon that ragged black ghost and keep it here until it explains what bad omen exactly it put on me. Just screaming some incoherent stuff and dissapearing is terribly rude.

If it refuses to do so, use my Wuxia to kick it in the head until it cooperates. Imbue my kicks with life energy if I think that would help against ghosts, since they're (I'm assuming) a form of undead.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 09, 2018, 08:51:39 am »

Ah come on I'm not attempting "fleshy tyranny" I just think that my skeleton and I will be more effective if we don't have to fight every time I want to do something.

Seriously, try to get my skeleton to cooperate with me, at the very least not walking into the jackal nonsense.
And continue trying to heal.

Also call Irons (you know, my tungsten golem) and try to get it to help me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 09:55:39 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 09, 2018, 08:54:06 am »

((You're making better progress than usual for straight RTD, random.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2018, 08:58:39 am »

((I just want to get over this crow thing so I can finally get started playing. My actions have been interrupted every single turn and I haven't managed to do anything yet...))
I've been possessed by my own skeleton. Stop complaining. :p

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2018, 09:00:59 am »

((If you're taking suggestions, maybe you should give in and let the skeleton lead the way.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2018, 09:09:41 am »

Spoiler: The New Flesh (click to show/hide)

Action 1:
Flesh 3: Rip the flesh from their bones and Transmog (1) assimilate it.

Action 2:
Transmog myself into
(1)The biggest, most frightening, alpha male Jackal that these shithead pups have ever seen.
(2)That can shoot lasers from its eyes
(3) And releases pheromones that terrify jackals
(4) And Breathes fire.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2018, 09:10:35 am »

((If you're taking suggestions, maybe you should give in and let the skeleton lead the way.))
Mostly I've just been trying to get to the point where it's wiling to listen to me. I have not attempted to fight it yet and don't foresee anything good coming of trying to do so.

Hotfire90

« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2018, 09:10:58 am »

Wait for Akari to remove my shield and then use fire to set the jackals on fire. Afterwards use flesh to turn the jackals into fleshy cubes and use necromancy to rot their flesh away.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 02:08:23 pm by Hotfire90 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 09, 2018, 09:18:31 am »

Not much to do but more of the same.

Stone magic to move the stone around me out of here. Masonry to make the area excavated to look REAL GOOD.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26