Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1257882 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1155 on: July 06, 2011, 04:50:02 am »

This game amuses me. Farthest I've gotten was as a college student. My dog protected me for a while so I could load my messenger bag with supplies, and then it died, and fungal spores chased me into the subway system, where I somehow ended up in the sewer and was devoured by rats.

Looks like everybody else picks all the good supplies (eg flashlights) clean before you can get to them.

EDIT: Oh god, they started me off this game INSIDE A BURNING BUILDING!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:52:57 am by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 06, 2011, 05:01:00 am »

This game amuses me. Farthest I've gotten was as a college student. My dog protected me for a while so I could load my messenger bag with supplies, and then it died, and fungal spores chased me into the subway system, where I somehow ended up in the sewer and was devoured by rats.

Looks like everybody else picks all the good supplies (eg flashlights) clean before you can get to them.

EDIT: Oh god, they started me off this game INSIDE A BURNING BUILDING!
I suggest you download the windows standalone version, more items for yourself.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 06, 2011, 05:43:29 am »

There's a standalone version?
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 06, 2011, 05:50:32 am »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 06, 2011, 05:54:01 am »

How do I get it to work? With PuTTy again?

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 06, 2011, 05:56:53 am »

Download both Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.3.6.zip and Cataclysm_win_patch_1.3.6a.rar and extract them both to seperate folders, then copy the .exe from the extracted patch folder and put it in the extracted SDL folder.
Either run the .exe or create a shortcut to your desktop.

This is assuming you're on Windows.

Edit: Does the pain from failing to install a bionic module ever go away or am I going to have to live off oxycodone until I die?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:00:58 am by SP2 »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 06, 2011, 06:01:36 am »

Thanks, this already seems inherently more intuitive than before. Does it solve the issue of the window randomly closing and deleting your save at times?

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 06, 2011, 06:05:15 am »

Mine has force closed a few times when exiting the @ screen, but auto-save means I don't lose much progress. I'm also not missing any saves.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 06, 2011, 06:11:44 am »

Just took down a Zombie Hulk for the first time, with a combination of three weapons: a strategically thrown molotov, a silenced M1911, and my secret savior, my squirrel speed bumps.  Animal Empathy pays some weird dividends sometimes.

Thanks, this already seems inherently more intuitive than before. Does it solve the issue of the window randomly closing and deleting your save at times?

It's a bit different for every individual computer, but I've been practically crash free thanks to the Windows package.  That said, definitely Quick Save all the time.  The @ screen can still screw you over if you press buttons too fast.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 06, 2011, 06:36:57 am »

Has anyone used the Electromagnetic Unit? I just activated it and it seems to have frozen my game and I'm not entirely sure if it is actually doing something or if it has just crashed.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 06, 2011, 07:03:55 am »

How far out does the map go? Are there buildings in the wilderness?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 06, 2011, 07:06:58 am »

How far out does the map go? Are there buildings in the wilderness?

As you move farther, more area is revealed, but it does end after a while.  I've walked off the edge of the map into sectors of "Nothing".  The largest map I've ever seen was about eight map-screens each tall and wide, which was way more area than I could have ever covered.

There are houses scattered along roads through the wilderness, along with the far-flung radio towers.  The towers occasionally have a few technical items, but the houses are the same as all others.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 06, 2011, 07:10:05 am »

Has anyone used the Electromagnetic Unit? I just activated it and it seems to have frozen my game and I'm not entirely sure if it is actually doing something or if it has just crashed.
]
I mentioned this before, all it seems to do is crash.

It would be nice if we could snatch guns/metallic weapons out of hostile NPCs' hands though.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 06, 2011, 07:32:46 am »

]
I mentioned this before, all it seems to do is crash.

It would be nice if we could snatch guns/metallic weapons out of hostile NPCs' hands though.
I wish I saw that before I installed and used it. Oh well.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 06, 2011, 08:32:56 am »

Same bug
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 777