Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403461 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r8 (current)
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2011, 05:08:04 pm »

I updated the Linux build (revision 8a now). It's now built for i686 CPUs and should work fine.

Nice! Tested all the plugins, only a few problems left. Digcircle and stonesense crashes with illegal instruction. Df2minecraft says "Loading Minecraft Materials..." and then crashes.
More weirdness...

Ok. Take this piece of code and save it as test.cpp:
Code: [Select]
#include <stdio.h>
int main ()
{
printf("Hello world!\n");
return 0;
}
Then run 'g++ --save-temps -fverbose-asm test.cpp'. This will produce a bunch of files. Post 'test.s'.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2011, 01:09:33 am »

Then run 'g++ --save-temps -fverbose-asm test.cpp'. This will produce a bunch of files. Post 'test.s'.

Here you go:

Code: [Select]
.file "test.cpp"
# GNU C++ (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) version 4.4.5 (i686-linux-gnu)
# compiled by GNU C version 4.4.5, GMP version 4.3.2, MPFR version 3.0.0-p3.
# GGC heuristics: --param ggc-min-expand=98 --param ggc-min-heapsize=128212
# options passed:  -fpreprocessed test.ii -mtune=generic -march=i686
# -fverbose-asm -fstack-protector
# options enabled:  -falign-loops -fargument-alias -fauto-inc-dec
# -fbranch-count-reg -fcommon -fdwarf2-cfi-asm -fearly-inlining
# -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fexceptions -ffunction-cse -fgcse-lm
# -fident -finline-functions-called-once -fira-share-save-slots
# -fira-share-spill-slots -fivopts -fkeep-static-consts
# -fleading-underscore -fmath-errno -fmerge-debug-strings
# -fmove-loop-invariants -fpcc-struct-return -fpeephole -fsched-interblock
# -fsched-spec -fsched-stalled-insns-dep -fsigned-zeros
# -fsplit-ivs-in-unroller -fstack-protector -ftrapping-math -ftree-cselim
# -ftree-loop-im -ftree-loop-ivcanon -ftree-loop-optimize
# -ftree-parallelize-loops= -ftree-reassoc -ftree-scev-cprop
# -ftree-vect-loop-version -funit-at-a-time -fvect-cost-model -fverbose-asm
# -fzero-initialized-in-bss -m32 -m80387 -m96bit-long-double
# -maccumulate-outgoing-args -malign-stringops -mfancy-math-387
# -mfp-ret-in-387 -mfused-madd -mglibc -mieee-fp -mno-red-zone -mno-sse4
# -mpush-args -msahf -mtls-direct-seg-refs

# Compiler executable checksum: 1fe36891f4a5f71e4a498e712867261c

.section .rodata
.LC0:
.string "Hello world!"
.text
.globl main
.type main, @function
main:
.LFB0:
.cfi_startproc
.cfi_personality 0x0,__gxx_personality_v0
pushl %ebp #
.cfi_def_cfa_offset 8
movl %esp, %ebp #,
.cfi_offset 5, -8
.cfi_def_cfa_register 5
andl $-16, %esp #,
subl $16, %esp #,
movl $.LC0, (%esp) #,
call puts #
movl $0, %eax #, D.2242
leave
ret
.cfi_endproc
.LFE0:
.size main, .-main
.ident "GCC: (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) 4.4.5"
.section .note.GNU-stack,"",@progbits

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 07, 2011, 07:25:57 am »

First off, great work. :)

Second, does anyone else have a problem with reveal? It works fine until the third cavern layer and below, where I get big, partly overlapping rectangles that stay unrevealed.

tmrt

• Bay Watcher
  • Black-Clad Voyeur
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2011, 07:42:38 am »

Second, does anyone else have a problem with reveal? It works fine until the third cavern layer and below, where I get big, partly overlapping rectangles that stay unrevealed.

This is an intentional feature. Everything related to fun stuff is left intact and in order to reveal the entire map you should use "reveal hell",

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 07, 2011, 10:45:03 am »

This is an intentional feature. Everything related to fun stuff is left intact and in order to reveal the entire map you should use "reveal hell",

For future reference, there is a Readme file.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 07, 2011, 02:58:50 pm »

Among the cool new things is the minecraft world converter. It's a bit rough around the edges, sometimes crashes and takes forever to finish. But it's there :) Make sure you backup your fort before you run it.
I will try and test if the generated world works in the next few days when I have access to a paid version of minecraft.
Here are the results of running the world in minecraft.
I spawned off the edge of the map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Respawned underground inside the barracks complex.  The darkness and size made take a while to get outside.
But eventually with a bit of digging I made it outside.
I emerged near the magma aqueduct that keeps the decontamination showers from freezing in the winter so I walked over it to the hill were the main fortress entrance is.
I should be walking on gold but I am not.
If found the main entrance it is strangely also not made of gold.
I did find one solitary piece of gold that should be gold near the entrance to the barracks.
I then decided to find the brook to see what it looked like and because I had used magma to thaw it in the winter.
Instead I found the edge to the map from Dwarf Fortress.  The brook should be just beyond here.
I then decided to check out the green glass tower I was building.
It's big.
Really big.
Also really hard to navigate.
I reached the top of the tower.  It has quite a view.
A view of the volcano.
Wait a second why is there land to the left of the volcano thats where the map ends?
I looks like (most) of the missing part of the map containing the brook.
Yep thats what it is but about half of the brook is missing!
Also the volcano does not contain magma!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:25:09 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 07, 2011, 05:19:51 pm »

If I recall correctly DF2MC reads DF roads as half block tiles no matter what it's made of.  If that was a gold road it won't show up golden sadly.  Also I vaguely remember something always being funny with magma during the conversions, sometimes it would show, sometimes it wouldn't.

That translocating of large chunks of terrain though is new, or at least something I never encountered before.  Is the map rectangular or something? That seems to throw off a lot of DFhack tools for some reason.  My map converted almost exactly how I remember them converting, so it doesn't seem to be an all the time thing.   Only difference I saw between now and then is that they used to get all the way down to the Slade layer, now it seemed to only make it about halfway.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 07, 2011, 05:38:48 pm »

If I recall correctly DF2MC reads DF roads as half block tiles no matter what it's made of.  If that was a gold road it won't show up golden sadly.
It is not a road the walls are gold and the gold floors are floors not roads.  I had a picture of one small section of the gold walls that is gold (at least to the eye) in there.
Also I vaguely remember something always being funny with magma during the conversions, sometimes it would show, sometimes it wouldn't.

That translocating of large chunks of terrain though is new, or at least something I never encountered before.  Is the map rectangular or something? That seems to throw off a lot of DFhack tools for some reason.  My map converted almost exactly how I remember them converting, so it doesn't seem to be an all the time thing.   Only difference I saw between now and then is that they used to get all the way down to the Slade layer, now it seemed to only make it about halfway.
Yes it is a rectangular map (4x3).
I assumed that if the map conversion was screwed up with chunks in the wrong place the same bug probably screwed up the magma.
I don't think mine goes down very far, 3 floors below my entrance the tunnels stop and there is a layer of something black I can't dig through (I lose the free diamond equipment due to spawing off the map edge).
Also everything (walls, floors, ramps) in this picture is made of gold blocks and does not appear gold.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #278 on: November 07, 2011, 06:08:03 pm »

If I recall correctly DF2MC reads DF roads as half block tiles no matter what it's made of.  If that was a gold road it won't show up golden sadly.
It is not a road the walls are gold and the gold floors are floors not roads.  I had a picture of one small section of the gold walls that is gold (at least to the eye) in there.
Also I vaguely remember something always being funny with magma during the conversions, sometimes it would show, sometimes it wouldn't.

Yes it is a rectangular map (4x3).
I assumed that if the map conversion was screwed up with chunks in the wrong place the same bug probably screwed up the magma.
I don't think mine goes down very far, 3 floors below my entrance the tunnels stop and there is a layer of something black I can't dig through (I lose the free diamond equipment due to spawing off the map edge).
Also everything (walls, floors, ramps) in this picture is made of gold blocks and does not appear gold.
It can only convert 42 DF z-levels. So it got your glass tower and chopped off some other stuff. It's definitely not perfect. I released it as part of DFhack mainly to get some feedback. And that black stuff is either the bottom of the world or some slade.

Is the map rectangular or something? That seems to throw off a lot of DFhack tools for some reason.
Care to elaborate? Unreported bugs don't get fixed.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 07, 2011, 06:22:32 pm »

That black rock is bedrock, or Adminite. Or adminium or whatever fan name you want to go with.  It marks the edges of the map, it is essentially indestructible (I hear repeated applications of large amounts of dynamite can break through, but that could be a myth, and there is nothing but void under it anyway). 

But I think I figured out the cause of that.  Minecraft maps aren't as tall as DF maps.  While you have sheer vertical cliffs on the edges of your map, I have sheer vertical drops.  It seems the converter errs on the side of surface constructions.  In getting your entire green glass tower to render the ground level of your map is actually significantly lower than the normal minecraft ground level. (why you have cliff faces on the map edges, the top of those are normal minecraft ground level height.)  Your green glass tower is taking up a significant portion of Minecraft's vertical budget.

It could be reading the walls and floor as smooth stone instead of gold, which could explain them showing up as stacked half blocks.  Though it doesn't seem like it's supposed to do that.  Sorry I must have missed that screeny the first time.  The one bit of gold dosn't look to be standard wall though, that may be why it read as it's proper materiel.

Is the map rectangular or something? That seems to throw off a lot of DFhack tools for some reason.

No personal experience, rectangular embarks bug me in some odd OCD way so I rarely use them.  I just seem to have seen a number of reports for various tools over time when the culprit seemed to be rectangular embarks.  Mostly the visualizers, like Overseer and Stonesense.   I can't find the report I'm thinking of for Overseer, but this is a recent one in stonesense.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:28:42 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 07, 2011, 07:43:15 pm »

But I think I figured out the cause of that.  Minecraft maps aren't as tall as DF maps.  While you have sheer vertical cliffs on the edges of your map, I have sheer vertical drops.  It seems the converter errs on the side of surface constructions.  In getting your entire green glass tower to render the ground level of your map is actually significantly lower than the normal minecraft ground level. (why you have cliff faces on the map edges, the top of those are normal minecraft ground level height.)  Your green glass tower is taking up a significant portion of Minecraft's vertical budget.
I tried it with a pre green glass tower save (ten years in the dwarven past!) and got the same result.
I still seem to be spawning under the map in the void.
Respawn Screenshot (Look No Tower)
Here is a screenshot standing in the same spot in both worlds (pre and post tower)
Pre Tower
Post Tower
The volcano is 9 Z-Levels taller than my tower (there are 15 more Z-Levels to the sky ceiling) so that is likely the real source of my problem.
There are 51 Z-Levels from the top of the volcano to the bottom of the valley (52 to the bottom of the brook and 67 from the sky ceiling to the bottom of the brook).

It could be reading the walls and floor as smooth stone instead of gold, which could explain them showing up as stacked half blocks.  Though it doesn't seem like it's supposed to do that.  Sorry I must have missed that screeny the first time.  The one bit of gold dosn't look to be standard wall though, that may be why it read as it's proper materiel.
Turns out I screwed up and made that one wall from gold bars instead of gold blocks. 
It looks weird in the first screenshot because I damaged it trying to identify what it was made out of.
Here it is undamaged.

Also a squid fell from here.
It died on impact.

No personal experience, rectangular embarks bug me in some odd OCD way so I rarely use them.  I just seem to have seen a number of reports for various tools over time when the culprit seemed to be rectangular embarks.  Mostly the visualizers, like Overseer and Stonesense.   I can't find the report I'm thinking of for Overseer, but this is a recent one in stonesense.
That report is from the same fortress.
Sigtext

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #281 on: November 07, 2011, 08:25:01 pm »

This forum doesn't work so well with huge screenshots.

Anyway, if you want to set your spawn point, just point the DF cursor at it before you run df2minecraft. Obviously needs to be an unobstructed tile.... maybe you're setting the spawn point to some ridiculous place that way?

I don't know what's going on in those screenshots really. Can you post your DF save?

EDIT:
Oh, idea here. Maybe at the point where the spawn is placed, there's no adminium floor yet and it puts you in the void.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:17:06 pm by peterix »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 07, 2011, 09:34:25 pm »

Right now, DF2minecraft just assumes any and all block walls are stone blocks, but you can change that by changing some stuff in the df2mc.xml file. just open it with notepad. it's not quite self explanatory, but there's plenty of comments there to help you out. If you do make any fixes to that file, let us know, so we can put them into the next release.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 07, 2011, 10:55:17 pm »

so does Dwarf fortress have books? Do I need to use a custom item.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 07, 2011, 11:32:34 pm »

it doesn't currently have books, but the next version will.

A number of buildings have bookshelves, though, in this converter.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 373