Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403443 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #735 on: March 03, 2012, 07:37:37 pm »

My game crashes every time I try to accept a world I designed with advanced parameters when I use this. Is there any way to fix this?

Why does no one answer my question?

:'( :( :'( :( :'(

I guess I'll just go jump off of a bridge into a bathtub filled with razors and guns and pills and water and toasters...
Your question is a Dwarf fortress bug. Bug that I don't even think can be solved with Dfhack(for your question is to vauge). You might want to go through your errorlogs and see what's wrong.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 04, 2012, 12:44:31 am »

I don't suppose there's a way to fill a vein again then is there?

I guess tiletypes can do something like that, but I got some hematite going, thanks
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:52:38 am by thistleknot »

ctoan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 04, 2012, 03:47:55 am »

After an unfortunate bout of flooding, I feel it should be made clear in the readme that nopause not only disables pausing, but disable the job cancellations, too.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #738 on: March 04, 2012, 04:41:47 am »

After an unfortunate bout of flooding, I feel it should be made clear in the readme that nopause not only disables pausing, but disable the job cancellations, too.
It doesn't disable job cancellations. Just tested it with digging tunnels under murky pools... So, you have some other problem there. For example, if those damp tiles are already revealed, you won't get any cancellations.
I don't suppose there's a way to fill a vein again then is there?

I guess tiletypes can do something like that, but I got some hematite going, thanks
tiletypes, yes.
Code: [Select]
paint sh wall
filter sh floor
filter mat mineral
Then paint over the vein.

ctoan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 04, 2012, 04:57:39 am »

It doesn't disable job cancellations. Just tested it with digging tunnels under murky pools... So, you have some other problem there. For example, if those damp tiles are already revealed, you won't get any cancellations.

Huh.  Ok.  Sorry to blame, then.  All I know is that I was mining out the face of an aquifer and turned on nopause and suddenly everything was flooding.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:16 am »

Any tips on how to use workflow to automatically process pig tails (spin) and sweet pods (syrup)?

To answer my own question...  8)

workflow amount THREAD//GRASS_TAIL_PIG:THREAD 5
workflow count LIQUID_MISC//POD_SWEET:EXTRACT 5

and then on the workshop jobs, respectively,

job item-material 1 GRASS_TAIL_PIG
job item-material 1 POD_SWEET

Can anyone clarify for me why you have to alter the job to specify the input material? Why doesn't it work automatically like most other constraints? Also, what exactly does the double '//' mean in the constraint spec?

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 04, 2012, 10:06:43 am »

Can anyone clarify for me why you have to alter the job to specify the input material? Why doesn't it work automatically like most other constraints? Also, what exactly does the double '//' mean in the constraint spec?

Because it doesn't care to go through all the plants in the raws, and check which of them can be used with this job and which are available on the map. Anyway, I think that the game ui should allow specifying precise materials there; with milling you actually need it if you want sensible constraints for flour and dyes.

"//" happens because there is an omitted generic material specifier, i.e. you could write THREAD/CLOTH/GRASS_TAIL_PIG:THREAD, or BAR/METAL/COPPER, but that is pointless.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 04, 2012, 11:00:29 am »

Thanks, ag, that helps a lot.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 04, 2012, 01:01:06 pm »

Also a trick I picked up, you CAN paint specific wall tiles in natural stone, at least in previous DFHack releases, but it's a little finicky.  Save your game, open the raws, find obsidian, and rename it to HEMATITE.  Now find hematite, and rename it OBSIDIAN.  Now open your game (preferably keep it still paused) and use the Liquids tool.  It looks for any raw entry with the title OBSIDIAN, which is now iron ore, so when you paint obsidian tiles it will instead paint hematite titles.  This can have some moderately funky consequences, so preferably don't unpause while you've done this.  Paint the tiles, save, and then reverse the raw names.

Although it does beg the question, if Liquids can do this, why can't another tool?

Or... actually I may be mistaken.  I think it was removing the [LAVA] tag and placing it on hematite instead.  I can't remember, it's been a while since I did this and I didn't document it very well.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #744 on: March 04, 2012, 02:45:43 pm »

Or... actually I may be mistaken.  I think it was removing the [LAVA] tag and placing it on hematite instead.  I can't remember, it's been a while since I did this and I didn't document it very well.
You are indeed mistaken - when you paint "obsidian", you're actually painting "lava stone", and if you have multiple types of [LAVA] stones in the game at once, it'll use a different one for each biome.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

darkfoxprime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 04, 2012, 02:49:46 pm »

I'm sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but I was unable to find it:

Is there a way to get a list of the item types / material names / etc. that can be used with workflow?

I love the workflow tool, but I've given up on using it for some things because for the life of me I cannot figure out what to use for the item name.

Thanks!
- dfp

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 04, 2012, 03:23:32 pm »

Wiki helps.  http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Item_token has been a great source of info for workflow.  For instance, TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT/CLAY defines "make clay pots" job.  Biggest issue for me is forgetting to use the TOOL: or AMMO: prefix there.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 04, 2012, 03:31:52 pm »

You are indeed mistaken - when you paint "obsidian", you're actually painting "lava stone", and if you have multiple types of [LAVA] stones in the game at once, it'll use a different one for each biome.
As for 31.25 it seems not for each biome but for the whole embark.
Finis sanctificat media.

TroZ_shack

• Bay Watcher
  • Narf!
    • View Profile
    • Shacknews
« Reply #748 on: March 04, 2012, 03:57:43 pm »

Hi,
I'm trying to compile DFHack on windows using Visual Studio 2010.  The project has changed a lot since the list time I attempted to do this.  I'm currently running into an issue when running the generate-MSCV-all.bat file.  I get an error about not being able to open xml/list.pl, and then two errors about not being able to open the subdirectories stonesense and df2mc.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure of the cause of the xml/list.pl error (I am not using strawberry perl, I have Active Perl but it does have XML-LibXML and XML-XSLT according to PPM), but the other two errors are apparently because of the plugins directory for those two projects are empty. I pulled the code from a newly made fork of the dfhack project. Github shows that those directories are actually links to other projects, but I'm not sure how to have git correctly pull those directories as well.

I'm attempting to get this working so that I can update and improve DF2MC.  I haven't worked on it in over a year, but with the new version of DF out, and Minecraft 1.2 with increased build height there are big enough changes that a new version should be worked on.  Additionally, I've have a few bug reports that should be fixed, both through git, and from this thread.

I didn't realize that DF2MC was now included in DFHack. (I also didn't realize that DFHack was no longer an external program).  I think it is great that it has been kept somewhat alive.

The biggest planned feature is support for the larger height limit for Minecraft, which should allow for fortresses with 84 z-levels without any of the 'compression' hacks that DF2MC had to use before to fit into the space Minecraft had. The second is support for the newer blocks added to Minecraft (everything since the Halloween update, including beds (although from this thread it seems like someone tried to add them), grass/shrubs, etc.  I'll definitely remove the the use of ice in blue colored stone and use Lapis Lazuli instead.
DF2MC -> Convert DF Maps to Minecraft Levels so you can use Minecraft as a 3D visualizer for Dwarf Fortress
DF2MC - The cause of 15+ head explosions and counting!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #749 on: March 04, 2012, 04:14:45 pm »

Hi,
Hello! Haven't seen you here for a while :)

I'm trying to compile DFHack on windows using Visual Studio 2010.  The project has changed a lot since the list time I attempted to do this.  I'm currently running into an issue when running the generate-MSCV-all.bat file.  I get an error about not being able to open xml/list.pl, and then two errors about not being able to open the subdirectories stonesense and df2mc.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Github shows that those directories are actually links to other projects, but I'm not sure how to have git correctly pull those directories as well.
Yes. Those are called submodules in git speak. So you need to 'init' and 'update' them. Init once, update every time you pull from repo.

I'm attempting to get this working so that I can update and improve DF2MC.  I haven't worked on it in over a year, but with the new version of DF out, and Minecraft 1.2 with increased build height there are big enough changes that a new version should be worked on.  Additionally, I've have a few bug reports that should be fixed, both through git, and from this thread.

I didn't realize that DF2MC was now included in DFHack. (I also didn't realize that DFHack was no longer an external program).  I think it is great that it has been kept somewhat alive.

The biggest planned feature is support for the larger height limit for Minecraft, which should allow for fortresses with 84 z-levels without any of the 'compression' hacks that DF2MC had to use before to fit into the space Minecraft had. The second is support for the newer blocks added to Minecraft (everything since the Halloween update, including beds (although from this thread it seems like someone tried to add them), grass/shrubs, etc.  I'll definitely remove the the use of ice in blue colored stone and use Lapis Lazuli instead.
Yep. Ideally, hop on irc: #dfhack on freenode. The plugin is currently disabled - there were too many changes in dfhack just before 0.34 came out and it had some long standing bugs (couldn't handle non-square embarks properly). It really needs updating :)

EDIT: I'll try to get it compiling and working with the new stuff.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:02:02 pm by peterix »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 373