Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651778 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1260 on: October 21, 2013, 10:00:47 am »

Just beat the E4 this morning, so I got around to adding everyone's friend codes for safari goodness! My code is 5129-1512-8980.

Victory Road was harder than the league itself... especially that last guy's Kadabra...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 21, 2013, 10:44:14 am »

I have been trying to get some pokeradar chains going, and the rules seem to have changed quite a lot from B/W. The best I managed so far is around 30(damn you Bidoof!), seem like the distance is no longer very relevant, it's mostly the intensity of the grass shakes that tell which is the right spot.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 21, 2013, 03:23:37 pm »

Just beat the E4 this morning, so I got around to adding everyone's friend codes for safari goodness! My code is 5129-1512-8980.

Victory Road was harder than the league itself... especially that last guy's Kadabra...
You give Dark-type, I found Pawniard and Crawdaunt, not sure on third pokemon yet though.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 21, 2013, 03:42:36 pm »

How do you check IV of newly hatched Pokemon? Do you take it to high level battle, track its EV and let it level up alot before checking? If yes to what level?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 21, 2013, 03:51:05 pm »

Two ways:
1. Easy way.  In the Pokemon Center for Kiloude, there's an NPC on the left side who will review your IVs and give you an overall rating.  He'll also list off all IVs that are your best (if they're tied), and further clarify if they are at the maximum of 31, and also let you know any IVs that are extremely low (clarifying also if they're at the minimum of 0).
2. From what I hear, the Battle Institute in north Lumiose will level your Pokemon up to 50 if you submit them for the 5-battle gauntlet, as well as reducing any that are over.  You could bring babies in, check their stats, and run them through a calculator if these have been updated to Gen 6 (or if you know the base stats, you can try to solve manually). 
3. Level-grind. <_<

The first two are post-game, though, and I've honestly never tried the second one.  I don't even know if any calculators have been updated for Gen 6, yet, and several earlier Pokemon seem to have had their base stats tweaked as well. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 21, 2013, 03:53:57 pm »

2. From what I hear, the Battle Institute in north Lumiose will level your Pokemon up to 50 if you submit them for the 5-battle gauntlet, as well as reducing any that are over.  You could bring babies in, check their stats, and run them through a calculator if these have been updated to Gen 6 (or if you know the base stats, you can try to solve manually).
You could also battle some random passerby for the same effect.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:19 pm »

I'd really rathet not have another quad, besides some more relevant reasons its just harder to keep track of things between four games with very similar names compared to three with different ones.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 21, 2013, 04:08:39 pm »

So, um, *just plays for fun* what are IVs and EVs again?
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 21, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »

Don't worry, I feel the same way.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 21, 2013, 04:31:17 pm »

IVs are a hidden thing. Some people spend a lot of time breeding them.
EVs are now less hidden due to super training (which also caused base stats to be confused due to terminology conflicts) and aren't intrinsic per egg.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 21, 2013, 04:33:23 pm »

IVs are a hidden thing. Some people spend a lot of time breeding them.
EVs are now less hidden due to super training (which also caused base stats to be confused due to terminology conflicts) and aren't intrinsic per egg.

IVs are now a lot easier to get decent for semi casual players given the friend safari gives each pokemon at least 2 max IVs.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 21, 2013, 04:43:03 pm »

Two ways:
1. Easy way.  In the Pokemon Center for Kiloude, there's an NPC on the left side who will review your IVs and give you an overall rating.  He'll also list off all IVs that are your best (if they're tied), and further clarify if they are at the maximum of 31, and also let you know any IVs that are extremely low (clarifying also if they're at the minimum of 0).
3. Level-grind. <_<

The first two are post-game, though, and I've honestly never tried the second one.  I don't even know if any calculators have been updated for Gen 6, yet, and several earlier Pokemon seem to have had their base stats tweaked as well.
I will confirm battle institute does indeed level your pokemon to 50, either up or down.
But yeah it's Post-E4.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 21, 2013, 04:51:45 pm »

I better finish the story then. 25 hours into the game and only Bug Badge!!!

TBH I got turned off by Pokemon games because of I found out about IVs because I'm perfectionist by nature but lack the freetime to get perfect IV Pokemons. But with Pokemon XY making it so much easier, it sparkled my interest again and here I am, 15 years later, after my first ever Pokemon game (Pokemon Blue in1998).  :P

So, how difficult it is to breed perfect IV Ditto?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:54:26 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 21, 2013, 04:56:05 pm »

It would take power items, a destiny knot, several generations, and a generous dash of luck.

5 perfect IVs is much more doable, as the sixth would have to come from the RNG.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:03:25 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 21, 2013, 04:58:59 pm »

Honestly, if you want perfect IV pokemon you could always poke in Showdown or something and save time, but you'd lose being able to trade them into other games later. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 463