Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651192 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemon Go Release has Begun!
« Reply #4755 on: July 08, 2016, 08:45:08 am »

Yeah they intend to have the full set of mons availiable eventually.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: July 08, 2016, 08:53:02 am »

Everyone's complaining they can't use GO in their car.  THAT'S THE POINT!  Get out there and walk.  Exercise for once!  It's not supposed to encourage you to sit around at home, it's supposed to encourage you to get towards local landmarks and things.  Get some walking, get some socializing, see some local attractions you might have never noticed, catch a crabby and be excited about it.

It's called Pokemon Go, it's not called Pokemon Sit At Home...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: July 08, 2016, 11:44:07 am »

Everyone's complaining they can't use GO in their car.  THAT'S THE POINT!  Get out there and walk.  Exercise for once!  It's not supposed to encourage you to sit around at home, it's supposed to encourage you to get towards local landmarks and things.  Get some walking, get some socializing, see some local attractions you might have never noticed, catch a crabby and be excited about it.

God didn't give us the V6 engine to use these worthless legs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Walking is for the poor, plebian, and obscene.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: July 08, 2016, 12:36:28 pm »

Amen.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: July 08, 2016, 02:00:07 pm »

This sounds like it'd be much more usable if there was actually anything close enough to walk to that counted as a landmark of any description without going over a major road here. Houses and a reservoir probably don't count, and thats about it for walkable-to things.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:02:08 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: July 08, 2016, 02:04:41 pm »

Yeah, I actually feel really uneasy about people playing the game with a car, that's just such a waste of everything. I do wish the game was easier to play on a bike. It tends to lose GPS tracking and other weird crap. And it would require a phone stand for the bike to make sense, but walking is sloooow. And canonically I totally should be able to bike while I catch Pokemon.

Also, the servers are just being obliterated. Though can't really complain as I'm part of the problem by playing from a country where the game isn't officially released in, but there was so much hype for the game already so it's surprising they didn't expect this to happen.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:06:32 pm by LASD »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: July 08, 2016, 02:24:35 pm »

You make a convincing argument.  I rescind my criticism.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: July 08, 2016, 04:31:04 pm »

So is this game going to be worth playing if you live out in the woods in the middle of nowhere? I've read a little about it and it sounds like you need to be around somewhere that has pokestops(?) and gyms?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: July 08, 2016, 04:49:37 pm »

So is this game going to be worth playing if you live out in the woods in the middle of nowhere? I've read a little about it and it sounds like you need to be around somewhere that has pokestops(?) and gyms?
From my limited use of it, it seems you fare a lot better near a place that has lots of things (malls, schools, libraries, etc.).

I've also noticed that pokemon tend to spawn near hiking trails, walking paths, and the sides of roads.

Apparently the type of pokemon you get also relies on what you're near such as water.

Like I mentioned before, the closest gym to me was an elementary school. I didn't see any pokestops or any other such thing. I live in the suburbs in Calgary, Canada.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: July 08, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »

I really hope this will be available for the 3DS at some point in some form. I don't have a phone that supports this...

...but my mom does.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: July 08, 2016, 04:58:08 pm »

I really hope this will be available for the 3DS at some point in some form. I don't have a phone that supports this...

...but my mom does.

Doesn't it need a GPS to function?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: July 08, 2016, 06:22:41 pm »

...but my mom does.
By the time you get a smartphone your mom will be gym leader.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: July 08, 2016, 10:08:22 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: July 08, 2016, 10:29:43 pm »

-snip-
No longer is there a place where Pokémon ends and real life begins. Soon, the world will revolve around Pokémon. It will start small. Children will argue over whether or not their Ratatta is in the top percentage. Parents will allow their children free reign to travel the towns and countryside. But it will escalate. Criminals will think themselves feared due to their level 11 Zubats. One's social standing will be determined not by their birth or wealth, but how many Gym Badges they have. One day, wars will be fought not with firearms, but with Charizards and Blastoise.

This is the new world. It was not obvious until now, but this was Satoshi Tajiri's plan all along: By integrating Pokémon into real life, he will one day end all fatal conflict; to make people value each other by having their pets beat each other unconscious, to make international criminal organizations weak enough to be brought to their knees by prepubescent children. As we speak, he holds his Pokémon GO design notes and mutters about his keikaku.

Welcome to the world of POKéMON!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 03:59:53 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: July 08, 2016, 11:22:34 pm »

I for one welcome our newly swole weeabo overlords.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 463