Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651744 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Behold, Silvadi
« Reply #5431 on: October 13, 2016, 12:31:28 pm »

Scizor announced for Pokken Tournament.

...why does it have the moonlight butterfly?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: October 13, 2016, 12:47:14 pm »

Excuse me, that's clearly Hassam.

Also, is that a fighting game or like a super smash bros kind of deal?  It looks really slow for a fighting game.
Shoes...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: October 13, 2016, 12:57:22 pm »

It's a fighting game based off Tekken
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: October 13, 2016, 02:12:46 pm »

The Tekken team seem to be behind it, if I'm not mistaken?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: October 13, 2016, 02:26:23 pm »

Huh, that's... interesting. Gonna wait-and-see, I think.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: October 13, 2016, 04:53:51 pm »

Apparently there's some distribution event going on for Volcanion in North America, but it requires a card with a serial number. However, I don't see where the cards are being distributed from.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: October 13, 2016, 05:30:18 pm »

Apparently there's some distribution event going on for Volcanion in North America, but it requires a card with a serial number. However, I don't see where the cards are being distributed from.

Gamestop, according to Serebii.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: VGC MONKEYS DEAR LORD
« Reply #5438 on: October 14, 2016, 03:31:05 am »

That sounded more like a single-player discussion than competitive.  I love defog cause of how it changed up the meta, but it's useless in single-player.

I kind of love how convoluted Pokémon has become to the extent where the competitive scene is just messed up.

Pokémon needing to be imported from several versions and the like just for slight abilities and changes that occurred along the way.

Or single event pokemon that have a move that will never EVER be used again (Hello Rakastan, WOW how did I forget the name?, with Victory Flame... another pokemon's signature move)

then again there are reasons why the pros don't actually play pokemon :P

Rakastan what, victory flame what?

Are you talking about V-Create Rayquaza?

While you once again seem to be communicating to me from a different dimension, I do agree that previous-gen benefits and weird breeding and shit to get optimal pokemon is a huge detriment and the main reason I never bothered with pvp in real games.  Sylveon was the one that really miffed me on it, I love specs sylveon but it requires hidden ability and you can't get a hyper voice sylveon in XY
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: October 14, 2016, 03:33:12 am »

Yes sorry V-Create Rayquaza...

Which goodness... How embarrassing is it to have your signature attack... a move that only you can use. Given to another pokemon because they are more popular.

---

Truthfully my biggest gripe with the series and the biggest barrier for reentry.

Is how much they just flat out want to keep the pokemon very exclusive.

Maybe I want a Regi-ice... >_>... Even though I am sure it sucks...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:34:52 am by Neonivek »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: October 14, 2016, 04:06:25 am »

Regice isn't bad in PU.  It's got a decent special attack and very good coverage and the low speed of the PU meta lets it get really ugly with a rock polish.

And Victini's good too as a physical wallbreaker.  If you go ham with a choice band V-Create will nuke anything that doesn't resist it.

As a bonus he's got Bolt Strike which he stole from Zekrom so he's not entirely the victim here when it comes to signature move creep.  V-Create and Bolt Strike together on a banded 100-attack pokemon is hard to tank.
Shoes...

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: October 14, 2016, 08:31:28 am »

Yes sorry V-Create Rayquaza...

Which goodness... How embarrassing is it to have your signature attack... a move that only you can use. Given to another pokemon because they are more popular.

What's worse, Victini can't learn his own signature move naturally! V-Create's an event-only move for him as well! The hell, Gamefreak?

Also, new trailer. Bounsweet and Cutiefly evos, Psychadelic Muk, new NPCs, and other stuff.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: October 14, 2016, 08:42:35 am »

Regice isn't bad in PU.  It's got a decent special attack and very good coverage and the low speed of the PU meta lets it get really ugly with a rock polish.

And Victini's good too as a physical wallbreaker.  If you go ham with a choice band V-Create will nuke anything that doesn't resist it.

As a bonus he's got Bolt Strike which he stole from Zekrom so he's not entirely the victim here when it comes to signature move creep.  V-Create and Bolt Strike together on a banded 100-attack pokemon is hard to tank.

Victini is mid-to-high tier UU, I believe. He hits like a brick and is tough to counter; Bolt-Blaze is almost as good a type combo as Boltbeam. Additionally, STAB Banded Zen Headbutt hits pretty hard too, for everything Bolt Strike and V-Create can't break, plus due to Victini's decent-ish speed for its tier and resistances to Fighting (an absurdly common type in UU) you have a good chance of a sweep with Viccy. Admittedly, it is walled to hell and back by the three Water/Grounds, Whiscash, Quagsire and Gastrodon, all of which have healthy HP stats.

Whiscash defense: 110/73/71; admittedly not great, but 110HP is decent.
Quagsire defense: 95/85/65; again, not very high
Gastrodon: 111/68/82

Of those I'd probably pick Quagsire, especially as it's considered marginally more useful than the others, and a locked-in Victini on Bolt Strike is fodder for any Ground type or switch bait.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:00 am »

Serebii reports that the Japanese version of today's trailer indicates that Parental Bond has been nerfed to 25% power on the second hit.
It's FEF, not FEOF

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: October 14, 2016, 11:17:37 am »

If anyone gets an extra Volcanion card I wouldn't mind if they sent me the code.. (USA region)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 463