Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400209 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #1005 on: February 15, 2013, 10:44:46 pm »

Yes, but you're the Overgod now. You used up your acts as an Elder God, but didn't get any back because the Overgod was dead. Now that you're the Overgod you need to go to sleep to get back your acts (and because it's required).
It's not required, only Overgods go to sleep for acts.
By the same logic, he should go to sleep for a turn for every act he's ever done.
Acts per turn: 3 Mighty Acts
There's no mention of Acts being gained only while you're asleep. I have to use a major act in order to go to sleep.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 15, 2013, 10:47:10 pm »

Yes, but you're the Overgod now. You used up your acts as an Elder God, but didn't get any back because the Overgod was dead. Now that you're the Overgod you need to go to sleep to get back your acts (and because it's required).
By the same logic, he should go to sleep for a turn for every act he's ever done.
There's no mention of Acts being gained only while you're asleep. I have to use a major act in order to go to sleep.
Go to sleep for doing acts. Sorry about the ambiguity.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 15, 2013, 10:57:37 pm »

You have to be asleep to regain your acts, because drawing power from the Void is exhausting putting you to sleep. And you don't use a major act to go to sleep, you go to sleep when you end your turn and have used an act during that turn.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 15, 2013, 11:01:39 pm »

You have to be asleep to regain your acts, because drawing power from the Void is exhausting putting you to sleep. And you don't use a major act to go to sleep, you go to sleep when you end your turn and have used an act during that turn.
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works...but it's really a bit moot, because they have the same effects.
Except that you regain acts while awake. Otherwise, you'd be asleep only long enough to regain your acts, and you wouldn't automatically fall asleep when you used one act out of a dozen.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 15, 2013, 11:23:05 pm »

You don't regain acts while awake! Drawing power from the Void tires out the Overgod, no matter if they are awake or asleep. That is why they are only awake 1 turn out of every 3 or so.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 15, 2013, 11:32:49 pm »

You sleep one turn for every act used right? Or maybe it was more than that...

Regarding the whole Overgod thing I mean.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 16, 2013, 07:23:27 am »

You don't regain acts while awake! Drawing power from the Void tires out the Overgod, no matter if they are awake or asleep. That is why they are only awake 1 turn out of every 3 or so.

While that is the IC explanation, the game mechanics indicate that acts are gained wherever awake or asleep. It's the using that forces the sleeping, not the reverse.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 16, 2013, 08:09:11 am »

Very wise.
Remember, those of you watching at home, there is NEVER an ulterior motive for anything a god does.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:54:47 am by Ardas »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 16, 2013, 10:02:15 am »

Your ride's over, Neyravah. Time to die.
Remember the thing Avarian said about not allowing the Winter Palace or The North to become a battlefield? That's still going to hold true now.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 16, 2013, 10:07:38 am »

'I offer the Winter Palace to whoever will use it'. We are using it, are we not?

Oh, well. Looks like I'll need to burn it off the map, then.

EDIT: Udil is still hidden from your sight, FYI, though I understand if you can sense something Going Down at the Palace anyway.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:09:12 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 16, 2013, 10:09:40 am »

Okay...Sabt Golgo uses a Mighty Act to grant Udil superhuman power.  Thats...a Minor Act would have sufficed to let him live an exceptional long life and heal his leg. An Act would have given him eternal life...A Migty Act...congrats Udil just became at least a Demigod...if he doesn't explode from Overpowering...it's like building a Nuclear Power Plant to produce energy for a lightbulb...

EDIT: Since Udil is attacking Neyravah, he is entering an exchange and thus becomes visible for her. Concerning Avarians Rules:  Avarian cannot do much about it, he cannot even comprehend who killed her, all part of the Mighty Act. And since he has no Divine Security Cams installed he will not even notice that somebody violated his rules...apart from NEyravah possibly dying a sudden death.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:13:09 am by Ghazkull »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 16, 2013, 10:12:19 am »

Well, yeah. I only have Mighty Acts. I wouldn't use lesser Acts even if I could. I'm an Elder God and proud of it, damnit.

Also, I don't mind if he does explode. That would be awesome.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 16, 2013, 10:22:28 am »

'I offer the Winter Palace to whoever will use it'. We are using it, are we not?

Oh, well. Looks like I'll need to burn it off the map, then.

EDIT: Udil is still hidden from your sight, FYI, though I understand if you can sense something Going Down at the Palace anyway.
The Winter Palace is in The North, so technically if the Winter Palace turns into a battlefield, then The North just turned into a battlefield. Also, move your super weapon away. I don't have my Eternal Neutrality Barrier up.

Can I sense power levels going up? Or is that included with Divine Security Cameras?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 16, 2013, 10:24:20 am »

Okay...Sabt Golgo uses a Mighty Act to grant Udil superhuman power.  Thats...a Minor Act would have sufficed to let him live an exceptional long life and heal his leg. An Act would have given him eternal life...A Migty Act...congrats Udil just became at least a Demigod...if he doesn't explode from Overpowering...it's like building a Nuclear Power Plant to produce energy for a lightbulb...
While technically not nuclear power plants, the Sovjet union did use thermoionic nuclear generators to provide power for lighthouses in the artic circle.

That being said:

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 379