Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400222 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3675 on: March 05, 2013, 03:00:23 pm »

update is coming as soon as Azthor thinks he has slaughtered enough divine beings.
That means when he'll be the last god standing?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: March 05, 2013, 03:02:13 pm »

nah i think Corvus is the last for this round...the Ascendants are beneath him actwise(not really worth the effort) and taking on 4 Elder Gods at once should be difficult. Besides we have to wait for those 4 to decide what they do with their acts apart from hiding at the Voidring.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: March 05, 2013, 03:02:47 pm »

Well GWG that sounds a lot like jealousy, eh?

I wouldn't be throwing with stones seeing as you achieved not half of what he achieved with a dozen times the power that he had.
Exactly why I'm annoyed at it.

I think our current Overgod has some needlessly complicated evil plot. That involves using Udil and the God of Chaos to cleanse the original planet.
Or he's staggeringly incompetent. Which one is yet to be seen.
Probably the latter, give the complete lack of response to Udil.

I want the update, because I am out of ideas for Vanida's actions for now ( Well, I suspect that she will be killed by Udil at first opportunity. Or raped. Or both. Or eaten by Aodun. But still)
It was my mistake making a peaceful schemer for the world of maaaaadnes
Oh, aye, so did I, except without the scheming.
By the way, you're welcome to side with me.

update is coming as soon as Azthor thinks he has slaughtered enough divine beings.
That means when he'll be the last god standing?
He's not Udil, ya know.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: March 05, 2013, 03:07:21 pm »

You know, I am starting to wish I get turned back to Order by the time we are back to the usual (manageable) amount of players.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: March 05, 2013, 03:10:21 pm »

Yeah, personally I find this kind of game more fun when there aren't a pair of nigh-invulnerable omnicidal maniacs out to kill everything. Especially since one of them appears to have an utterly retarded amount of 'luck'.

Seriously, Udil's gone from being a very interesting character (believe it or not, I do enjoy having a person like him in the RP, though the fact that so many other gods (Including the Overgod) seem to be completely fucking blind to the fact that he's all but outright stated that he wants to kill everything but the dwarves, ESPECIALLY the Overgod, who has been helping him. Seriously, it's reaching the point that it's starting to get a bit annoying.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:16:28 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: March 05, 2013, 03:11:15 pm »

Minor correction GWG: Udil ascended due to the act of the Overgod, not due to the battle. Not going to try to argue with you right now; you're clearly pissed.

You know, I am starting to wish I get turned back to Order by the time we are back to the usual (manageable) amount of players.

I was just about to post about that. In relation to this, does Udil have any acts left this turn? I might have an idea if he does.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:14:00 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: March 05, 2013, 03:14:06 pm »

Okay so let me see. Most of this actions turned out as they did was because they were done stupidly.

The natural habitat of the Dwarves were the Savannnahs, YOU destroyed by creating a jungle, a biome they were not prepared for the least.
Next you create Megafauna WHICH EATS THEM. Do you think they would love you for it?
IN fact you did nothing useful for the Dwarves. You didn't create Emeraldhome, the Dwarves wandered there bcause of Atlas and settled there because he shooed away the Megafauna you created.

THe nex thting you did was throw those that stayed solitary (because it was their nature and culture) together. Would you throw a bunch of tigers into the same cage? And then you asked/oredered them to kill their old and weak? Does that sound like a reason to worship you? Not really.

On the other Hand. Udil led those Dwarves into safety and out of the murderous jungles, gave them a place to settle down and defended thema gainst the monstrosities of this world. They Followed him first out of Fear (he killed Atlas and destroyed the Emerald as well as killing a Fangdrake singlehandedly, with a wooden sword) and later because he kept them alive through all that.

Your Creation of Mountain Turtles was just stupid. Would you burrow into something that moves and could squash you with its toe? Not really. Besides they are turtles. Most turtles i know like water and are drawn to it. That the Stonedrakes live in them is only natural. I mean they carry their foodsource on their backs!

All in all all your actions where so blatantly ignorant of Dwarven Needs that you shouldn't really wonder why they don't worship you...and thats to that.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: March 05, 2013, 03:15:21 pm »

Um, Ghaz? Flameoaks.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: March 05, 2013, 03:16:01 pm »

What the hell? Aodun is on the other side of the world from the Moon.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: March 05, 2013, 03:18:41 pm »

No way around a few more deaths though, updates are going to be too massive if we have 13 players going around. Also, IamanElfCollaborator, point in case: I cannot pierce your ward without using a Mighty Act, but distance is most certainly not an issue for an Elder God.

In case anyone is interested, should be 1 Mighty Act to turn me back to Order at the end of this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: March 05, 2013, 03:19:15 pm »

Well that was fast.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: March 05, 2013, 03:20:22 pm »

Anyway, yeah, not going to argue that they didn't have reason to really love him. I even understand why they happened to follow Udil. problem is, though I don't see him as a Marty Stu (as rediculous as he is, I'm pretty sure no-one would actually want to be him), I still think that he's been favored at least some, what with the fact that he's had very little go wrong for him outside of relatively minor inconveniences.

Also, Az, I have a question. Wouldn't Ao be pretty pissed at the person who, oh, locked him in a box? Who is currently in a coma? Completely incapable of defending himself to any decent degree?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: March 05, 2013, 03:21:23 pm »

What? Did Az just completely edit his action with no warning for those at the Spire? I know he was going for the moon before.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: March 05, 2013, 03:22:15 pm »

ah yeah, the Flameoaks. Which he gave to teh CHildren fo Az-Sho. The Dwarves were long gone by then and have nothing to do with it.

Anyhow following player is missing acts:

Kar'lan.

and that was it actually...*shrugs* i think i start updating now.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: March 05, 2013, 03:22:47 pm »

Anyway, yeah, not going to argue that they didn't have reason to really love him. I even understand why they happened to follow Udil. problem is, though I don't see him as a Marty Stu (as rediculous as he is, I'm pretty sure no-one would actually want to be him).

Also, Az, I have a question. Wouldn't Ao be pretty pissed at the person who, oh, locked him in a box? Who is currently in a coma? Completely incapable of defending himself to any decent degree?

Good that you asked, that will be made very clear at the end of this. I do feel like a bit of a jerk for the two ascendants though. But at the end of the day, the universe is in no shape for ascendants to survive; I will tentatively fix it up if someone spends that Mighty Act to restore me.

What? Did Az just completely edit his action with no warning for those at the Spire? I know he was going for the moon before.

It was pointed out that I couldn't attack the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 379