Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 399835 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #5385 on: March 22, 2013, 10:35:57 pm »

Actually, I'm not sure how invasive they are. I imagine that the magical data scan pierced through material and would have noticed the strange groups of mortals gathering to discuss the eternal power that could probably be gifted to them if they could just free the Devourer.

E: nevermind, Ghaz is lord and master. And I do have an act, thank you very much...not that I plan to use it.
Major Act: Create the Coriarcii. Four slender, runed satellites shaped like cut-up infinity symbols that orbited Despair. They periodically performed a data scan of the world. Using this information, each coriarc is able to selectively enhance a individual's emotion, skill, mental ability or physical ability via a beam of light. They only fire once every 25 years, and always in sequence. The overarching goal of these satellites is to slowly improve the world via select tampering of individuals, who will affect the world. While the coriarchii are automatically 'programmed' to perform their task, they may be manually fired by Lo.

Yeah, your satellites are busy pursuing their program of targeted evolution, not acting as spy satellites.  It's probably fair to say they'll tell you if something significant happens (a battle, a major building being erected) but since their mandate is to scan each individual in the world once every 25 years for suitability for upgrade, thought policing just isn't in their power.

Now, if Udil wants to create a caste of dwarves who actually are his divine thought police, I am 100% behind that because it would be both cool and terrifying.  Telepathic Gestapo.  o_o

Edit:  On an unrelated note I fully expect Gren to die either violently or simply of old age sometime in the next turn or three.  It's cool - not all Ascendants ascend.  I have a design for another character prepared anyway.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: March 22, 2013, 10:40:34 pm »

Godly intervention will soon result, I suspect. We only need one god to make the turn...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: March 22, 2013, 10:58:10 pm »

Iituem, if you don't mind and have time, could you respond to the post in the IC? If you don't have time, then ignore it.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: March 22, 2013, 11:07:47 pm »

I literally can't until I know if I'm going to war or not, it would rather affect how I responded to your conversation.

Next time I'll play an Ascendant who doesn't have to keep bugging the GM so much.  ;P
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: March 22, 2013, 11:10:03 pm »

I literally can't until I know if I'm going to war or not, it would rather affect how I responded to your conversation.

Next time I'll play an Ascendant who doesn't have to keep bugging the GM so much.  ;P
Wait, why do you have to know that?
Sig! Onol

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: March 22, 2013, 11:18:27 pm »

Actually, I suppose so long as I don't try and take any actions I don't.  Chat away.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: March 23, 2013, 08:41:57 am »

Plus, if you ignore Un'Girlan for long enough eventually all those cultists will gain enough power to shatter Anghinwar.  Then things will get really interesting.  After all, you can't kill him while he's in that prison.  ;D
Thanks for reminding me. I will get on with that right away.
Don't you dare free the multicidal prisoner again.

Plus, if you ignore Un'Girlan for long enough eventually all those cultists will gain enough power to shatter Anghinwar.  Then things will get really interesting.  After all, you can't kill him while he's in that prison.  ;D
Goddamn it, Ituiem. :P
On the plus side, you guys don't IC know about the cults existing.
Actually I have few cultists in Udilsbor, they will be rooted out. I am a god of that place, I know what happens inside.
You're not omniscient, Udil. Udil's not omniscient, Ardas. Put it how you like.

Such a thing exists?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: March 23, 2013, 08:59:59 am »

Yo Gman, you might've missed this.

"D-class Organism, respond. I am...Lo, goddess of Improvement. Speak your...descriptor-name and origin. Tell me, how long have you been here...under the waters."
Sorry I noticed but was busy and completely forgot to respond.  Nice fluff by the way.  I like the way you describe the horrible buzzing haha.

Edit:
On an unrelated note I fully expect Gren to die either violently or simply of old age sometime in the next turn or three.  It's cool - not all Ascendants ascend.  I have a design for another character prepared anyway.
Haha yeah just look at what happened to the last two ascendants!  I guess it worked out for me though.  Anyway don't forget you can easily avoid old age.  You could go with that lich method and the Catalyst offer will likely remain open if you want to go a potentially darker route...  Leading armies of abominations could be pretty fun, not to mention you'd gain the power to evolve new traits every couple turns or however the GM wants it to work.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:51:42 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: March 23, 2013, 05:23:31 pm »

Sorry, my Harddrive died violently and it took some time to get a new one
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: March 23, 2013, 08:45:42 pm »

From where the hell do you get 5 Acts Zantz?

1 from the afterlife
1 from the pantheon
3 from the Aodun killing
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: March 23, 2013, 08:54:13 pm »

1 from the afterlife
1 from the pantheon
3 from the Aodun killing
I'm pretty sure you did some acts after killing Aodun, unless you canceled everything you have done since then. In which case Ghaz has to go over all your past acts and see what he acted upon and what he is still to reply to.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: March 23, 2013, 09:07:38 pm »

1 from the afterlife
1 from the pantheon
3 from the Aodun killing
I'm pretty sure you did some acts after killing Aodun, unless you canceled everything you have done since then. In which case Ghaz has to go over all your past acts and see what he acted upon and what he is still to reply to.

I tried to do some acts, and one beforehand, but none of them were put into the turn.  So, I canceled all but the attempted restoration of the souls that fought Aodun (1 act, the one I got from the afterlife), and the rejudging of souls without the fifth command (0 acts).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:22:16 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: March 23, 2013, 09:43:55 pm »

1 from the afterlife
1 from the pantheon
3 from the Aodun killing

I tried to do some acts, and one beforehand, but none of them were put into the turn.  So, I canceled all but the attempted restoration of the souls that fought Aodun (1 act, the one I got from the afterlife), and the rejudging of souls without the fifth command (0 acts).

You know, ghaz said to tell him what was done in case he missed it and forgot to include it in the update. You don't have ot cancel your stuff next time, just make sure ghaz makes a note of it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: March 23, 2013, 09:54:07 pm »

You know, ghaz said to tell him what was done in case he missed it and forgot to include it in the update. You don't have ot cancel your stuff next time, just make sure ghaz makes a note of it.

I have.  I even sent him a PM.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: March 24, 2013, 12:31:11 am »

I wonder what the result of that will be, since I thought there were female giants already. 
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 379