Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 401790 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #5370 on: March 22, 2013, 08:44:11 pm »

At this point I think he (IC) hates you enough to deny you and all others his essence rather than let you have it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: March 22, 2013, 08:44:39 pm »

Yes gods, wage your wars.  Give us something interesting to watch while we wait for the demons to move in for the kill.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: March 22, 2013, 08:46:08 pm »

Yes gods, wage your wars.  Give us something interesting to watch while we wait for the demons to move in for the kill.
Yes please.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: March 22, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »

While it would be sad to see Corvus die, especially by his own talon, it would also be nice to have some new blood in the heavens.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: March 22, 2013, 09:22:24 pm »

While it would be sad to see Corvus die, especially by his own talon, it would also be nice to have some new blood in the heavens.
True, but I think there's going to be bloodshed soon in either case.
Sig! Onol

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: March 22, 2013, 09:52:30 pm »

Plus, if you ignore Un'Girlan for long enough eventually all those cultists will gain enough power to shatter Anghinwar.  Then things will get really interesting.  After all, you can't kill him while he's in that prison.  ;D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: March 22, 2013, 10:03:05 pm »

Yo Gman, you might've missed this.

((Sorry bout' double post but the above post is far too big already.))

A short time after her new gift, Lo looked over the events that she had missed while meeting with Magnus. The Dwarf had given his people 'Manifest Destiny'. They were to colonise the world and bring their faith to every part of the globe. Feros had fumed at his actions and established defenses. The Couple and Aldemas had met and mingled; Aldemas seems to have known them previously.

Lo also took note of the growing number of Choir members who had taken to reading and discussing the information sourced from the Coriarcii. She had barely noticed them in the past centuries; they had always been few in number and too apathetic to use their knowledge. Now however, they were forming debating clubs and gambling lounges. Instead of just knowing knowledge, they were now using it to entertain themselves. Some were betting on how many times it took for the average dwarf to clean their bottom while some were discussing, sometimes violently, the best way to ride a blind Karas. All hypothetical, Lo hoped.

Lo however, heard something she was not prepared for, something she had missed.

A buzzing in the sea. Exponential growth. Changes in organic structures and biomass. A buzzing.

The debaters had formed a consensus that it was not divine in nature, as much as that correlated with other events. They had agreed that the resurrection of the Seaspawn and Squiddles had been Vanida's action but that the sudden mutation of life and the irritating buzzing was something else. It didn't correlate with evidence. It was...something else.

But what?

Lo spun off a simulacrum and sent it to the seas.

The copy dived into the waters in the form of light; for quick movement. It explored and heard. Buzzing. Static. Buzzing. So much buzzing. The noise was everywhere. It didn't feel divine in the least; it was no god. It could not be.

The simulacrum journeyed deeper, past the abodes of the Sea People, past the many natural creatures of the deep. Always, the noise grew, fogging It's mind. And yet, still no presence, no sign.

Finally, It saw. The Spire. The strange creatures. It felt the currents, It felt the pace and metabolisms. It felt the noise all around; this was the source. This was what changed life into life. This is what...Catalysed their mutations. Here was a Hive-class D-Organism in it's glorly. Lo had only heard of such things in passing, and now she saw it. It's trail of consumption and its growing size...She knew not how to respond.

"D-class Organism, respond. I am...Lo, goddess of Improvement. Speak your...descriptor-name and origin. Tell me, how long have you been here...under the waters."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: March 22, 2013, 10:03:23 pm »

Plus, if you ignore Un'Girlan for long enough eventually all those cultists will gain enough power to shatter Anghinwar.  Then things will get really interesting.  After all, you can't kill him while he's in that prison.  ;D

Thanks for reminding me. I will get on with that right away.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: March 22, 2013, 10:10:31 pm »

Goddamn it, Ituiem. :P
On the plus side, you guys don't IC know about the cults existing.
Sig! Onol

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: March 22, 2013, 10:17:21 pm »

Actually I have few cultists in Udilsbor, they will be rooted out. I am a god of that place, I know what happens inside.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: March 22, 2013, 10:18:56 pm »

Actually I have few cultists in Udilsbor, they will be rooted out. I am a god of that place, I know what happens inside.
Do you know the thoughts of the people inside? If not, you'll have no reason to even suspect that there's a cult at all, and if you can there's a very small chance that you'll encounter them at all.
Sig! Onol

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: March 22, 2013, 10:20:26 pm »

Well Ardas might not but if everyone remembers, I have freakin' spy satellites in orbit around Despair. Lo probably knows about the Cult and hasn't deemed it worth mentioning. Alternatively, she's too insane/busy to notice.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: March 22, 2013, 10:22:44 pm »

Agreed.  Unless you spend an act making it possible, you don't have the power to see inside people's heads, even your worshippers'.  Or a really good secret police.  And I mean really good.  Ghaz has stated repeatedly that nobody's omniscient.

Unless you're Taricus, of course.  Overgod privilege.

Ditto for Lo, actually.  Unless your spy satellites are telepathic (and really, really invasive/thorough) you won't detect the cult until they do something worthy of attention.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: March 22, 2013, 10:27:00 pm »

Finally the Cult of the Devourer. Mainly worshipped by humans it is kept in the shadows and secrecy, so well hidden that even the gods can't find its members without using their powers actively. For the time being the CUlt is however small an inconsequential, nothing to worry aboutl.

But that is not the only concern on the Corvid Moon. Several new Cults spring up for one the Cult of Lo and for the other there too the Secret Cult of the Devourer, which is enitrely consisting of Crowborn who are drawn by whispers and promises of unending knowledge. The Cult as in Udilsbor manages to keep itself a Secret from the Gods. All that they know is that they exist, not who belongs to it nor where they worship or for that matter what they worship or how they do it.

Among them, worship of Vanida as Goddess of Life takes precedence, but a small fraction falls to the worship of the Devourer. It's the same with the Shattered although there Lo takes the role of Vanida.
Relevant parts of the turn. Note the bits where it says that they can't find the cult without using acts, and you guys have no acts left.
Sig! Onol

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: March 22, 2013, 10:28:19 pm »

Actually, I'm not sure how invasive they are. I imagine that the magical data scan pierced through material and would have noticed the strange groups of mortals gathering to discuss the eternal power that could probably be gifted to them if they could just free the Devourer.

E: nevermind, Ghaz is lord and master. And I do have an act, thank you very much...not that I plan to use it.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 379