Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5880 5881 [5882] 5883 5884 ... 10987

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13409020 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88215 on: October 21, 2015, 06:43:51 pm »

Yep, that one. I tried fiddling around with V-sync, resolution, and framerate. No success there.
NVM apparently it's pretty close to the end so I'll make do with it being pretty obvious what happens, seeing as I've played Revelations already.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88216 on: October 21, 2015, 06:49:02 pm »

It is hard enough drinking my two giant glasses of water a day, leaving a sickeningly full feeling in my gullet, but now I am completely lost.
... don't try to drink like that, if it's making you feel like that. Smaller glasses, more often, on top of what you eat.

I just keep a gallon jug of water within arm's reach and take a swallow fairly regularly. Go through about half a gallon in a day if m'on top of things, which is roughly where you need to be.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88217 on: October 21, 2015, 06:57:38 pm »

I normally drink, what, two and a half, three litres throughout the day? Just gradually drain bottles of sparkling flavoured water as I work.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88218 on: October 21, 2015, 06:59:56 pm »

I go through several bottles of water a day at work. Or rather, one bottle and at least a half-dozen number of trips to the water cooler a day.

Though I once heard that it is thought that we get a large portion of our daily liquid intake from meals, rather than from drinking. Can't remember the specifics though, or where I heard it. Supposedly some people can't even tell thirst and hunger apart because of this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88219 on: October 21, 2015, 07:02:37 pm »

I go through several bottles of water a day at work. Or rather, one bottle and at least a half-dozen number of trips to the water cooler a day.

Though I once heard that it is thought that we get a large portion of our daily liquid intake from meals, rather than from drinking. Can't remember the specifics though, or where I heard it. Supposedly some people can't even tell thirst and hunger apart because of this.

almost half (either a little more or a little less) is from food itself.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88220 on: October 21, 2015, 07:03:45 pm »

Yeah lots of water from food.

Low blood pressure isn't necessarily a bad thing. My mum has told many a story about nurses and doctors doing double-takes at blood pressure readings when she gets it checked.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88221 on: October 21, 2015, 07:04:05 pm »

The key is to not drink it all in a single sitting.

Also I drink lots of water to counter hunger. Especially if there is a free source of drinking water.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88222 on: October 21, 2015, 07:20:21 pm »

I just keep a gallon jug of water within arm's reach and take a swallow fairly regularly. Go through about half a gallon in a day if m'on top of things, which is roughly where you need to be.
It's oddly satisfying to drink from a gallon jug.  Maybe because you shouldn't drink directly from shared milk jugs, so it feels taboo.
Eventually I got a water pitcher+filter that's supposed to be in a refrigerator, but I usually just keep it on the desk.  Room temperature isn't bad, I just have to clean it out more often.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88223 on: October 21, 2015, 07:39:28 pm »

Trying to play through AC:Brotherhood and encountered a game-breaking bug where part of one of the final missions doesn't trigger. Looked it up and people have been complaining about it for years, with no acknowledgement by Ubisoft of it at all.
How does anyone allow this to happen.

I never finished Metro 2033 for a similar reason. There's a part during one level where the game teleports you into the skybox... then autosaves. Apparently, it's been a problem for years, and still exists in the Last Light version. I dunno if it's still a problem in the Redux version.

The number of so-called fixes for it sound like old wives' tales - such as staring at particular object in the scene right before the glitch, or never crouching during the level, or never using a certain weapon in the entire level before it. They also don't work, I've tried.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88224 on: October 21, 2015, 07:41:26 pm »

Just had my first full portion of alcohol: a glass of Sicilian Merlot with a fine elk roast in a shipboard restaurant. The bitter-sour aftertaste took much of my attention from the roast. Mixed feelings.
Funnily enough my first drink of alcohol (apart from perhaps a sip of beer as a kid, which I unsurprisingly couldn't stand) was red wine... it was at a Christmastime family gathering. Lunch was being served and everyone, including me, (I was in my early teens, I think) was given a glass of red wine.

I didn't really know how one was supposed to drink wine, so I just did what I'd do with a glass of milk or fruit juice and downed the whole thing, then let out a loud belch. And then screwed up my face in disgust at the taste. :P
I'm not sure just how kid-me managed to chug a whole glass of red wine... that stuff is gross and I can barely stand the taste of it nowadays.

Anyway, I hope your next alcoholic beverage is more pleasing to your palate! 

Also it makes me sad that almost none of you appreciate gardens. Gardens are awesome when done right!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88225 on: October 21, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »

Not a big fan of wine, more of a lager man myself.

Unfortunately the most popular American beers are "lite" beers, which have no taste :'(

Don't really have a refined enough palate to know precisely what kinds of beer I like though, beyond not liking "lite" varieties.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88226 on: October 21, 2015, 07:45:45 pm »

That's sad, red wine's like really dark chocolate, a vice which is actually pretty good for your health in moderation.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #88227 on: October 21, 2015, 07:45:51 pm »

We do. Which is why that "8 big glasses of water a day requirement" is so absurd.

Also I'd like to remind everyone that your actual liquid requirements are heavily dependent on what the environmental conditions around you are and what you are eating. A person outside in the sun in 120 degree bone dry Pheonix, Arizona eating saltines is going to need a huge amount more water then someone residing inside their dark apartment living off of fruit. As such the general suggestion for how much to drink in most normal conditions is to drink when you are thirsty, and then drink a little bit more afterwards. Only real exceptions are if you recently moved to a different location, where you might want to drink a bit more than you are used to to make up for it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88228 on: October 21, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »

We do. Which is why that "8 big glasses of water a day requirement" is so absurd.

Also I'd like to remind everyone that your actual liquid requirements are heavily dependent on what the environmental conditions around you are and what you are eating. A person outside in the sun in 120 degree bone dry Pheonix, Arizona eating saltines is going to need a huge amount more water then someone residing inside their dark apartment living off of fruit. As such the general suggestion for how much to drink in most normal conditions is to drink when you are thirsty, and then drink a little bit more afterwards. Only real exceptions are if you recently moved to a different location, where you might want to drink a bit more than you are used to to make up for it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88229 on: October 21, 2015, 07:53:26 pm »

Not a big fan of wine, more of a lager man myself.

Unfortunately the most popular American beers are "lite" beers, which have no taste :'(

Don't really have a refined enough palate to know precisely what kinds of beer I like though, beyond not liking "lite" varieties.
Yeah, people don't exaggerate when they say stuff like Corona is pisswater.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 5880 5881 [5882] 5883 5884 ... 10987