Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772992 times)

vodi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1395 on: January 06, 2015, 04:36:10 pm »

Thanks a lot for your work! Just to confirm 5.40 works, also didn't notice any issues with "stable-cursor" so far, awesome

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 06, 2015, 11:49:54 pm »

5.40 works fine under Linux, I see no issues.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1397 on: January 07, 2015, 02:15:27 pm »

I got 5.40 on my tiny netbook, it does start up (Twbt overrides work) in the menu and world generator, but after loading a map and trying to play, it instantly crashes. I'm not sure if its multilevel or simply the poor netbook that is trying to do OpenGL. "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working", on Win7, vanilla df.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1398 on: January 07, 2015, 03:54:54 pm »

I got 5.40 on my tiny netbook, it does start up (Twbt overrides work) in the menu and world generator, but after loading a map and trying to play, it instantly crashes. I'm not sure if its multilevel or simply the poor netbook that is trying to do OpenGL. "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working", on Win7, vanilla df.

I think the easiest would be to try 0.40.19 with 5.37 (https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases) of your hardware.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 07, 2015, 04:02:30 pm »

I know this is kind of a weird question, but...does TWBT have support for body parts? You know, like if a part is severed it can appear on the ground? I drew some body parts for DawnFortress a long time ago and I'd like to know if they'd be usable before I redraw them for my newer graphics set.

I imagine a feature like this would make some people squick a bit, but it could have it's practical applications. Prepared elephant brains, for example, would appear as actual brains instead of a generic meat item.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1400 on: January 07, 2015, 04:19:24 pm »

I imagine a feature like this would make some people squick a bit, but it could have it's practical applications. Prepared elephant brains, for example, would appear as actual brains instead of a generic meat item.

Interesting idea (however apart from some organs it's hard for me to recognise anything on your image:) ). I need to check how body parts are handled / rendered.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1401 on: January 07, 2015, 04:45:52 pm »

Itemtype for all of them is CORPSEPIECE, so... I dont think so. Reactions certainly dont accept subtypes, it only works with reaction-classes and custom tissues.

It is a very good idea though. A skull lying around should certainly look different from a teeth. :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 07, 2015, 04:47:53 pm »

Yeah, not by item type you couldn't. You'd have to start asking the items what material they're (principally) made of.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 07, 2015, 05:12:47 pm »

Interesting idea (however apart from some organs it's hard for me to recognise anything on your image:) ). I need to check how body parts are handled / rendered.

Yeah...that's why I abandoned DawnFortress and am working on my new graphics set. A lot of DawnFortress' graphics were too muddy for even me to recognize. ):

Anyways, it seems a few people have been saying this isn't possible...A bit of a defeatist attitude if you ask me, but if this proves too difficult would it be possible to have at least the prepared organ graphics?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1404 on: January 07, 2015, 05:21:37 pm »

Twbt already allows to do so much more, things that were previously impossible. Items and buildings for example. :)

Prepared organs are all itemtype MEAT. Its the same as the bodyparts, but I'd wait for Mifki to say something. He knows more than anyone else, and even if it might not be possible now, he might include the functionality if its requested.

txtsd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I have a quest!
« Reply #1405 on: January 07, 2015, 06:21:22 pm »

Stable Cursor isn't working for me with DF 40.23 + DFHack 40.23-r1 + TwbT 5.40 (linux)

I copied the 4 plug.so files to /hack/plugins and ran the game. Everything seems to work as intended except for Stable Cursor.

What can I do to fix my problem?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 07, 2015, 07:29:51 pm »

How does the game differentiate body parts, then?  Does it consider the different parts to be separate materials?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1407 on: January 07, 2015, 07:49:12 pm »

Corpses and bodyparts use the material that makes the largest portion of them, usually it is bones. For example if you use a corpse piece (arm, leg, torso) of a goblin and make an item while using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT, you will get a goblin bone item.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 08, 2015, 07:33:47 am »

Transferred from my thread

Some questions, I'm having trouble figuring out what Tile Types (df/tiletype.h) refer to. Is there anywhere where they are explained more in detail? For example what do the following tiles refer to?

FeatureBoulder, TreeCapFloor1, FrozenRamp, GrassDarkFloor1, Grass2StairD, SemiMoltenRock, TreeRootSloping, Waterfall, SoilWetFloor2, StoneWallWorn1

Additionally, water tiles don't seem to be listed, as well as several other things like smoke, sea foam, and levers Am I also correct in assuming that RiverE, RiverN, etc. and BrookE, BrookN, etc. refer to map tiles? Where are the map tiles defined, as well? Can they be overridden or do they still need to be merged with the main tileset? I'm referring to tiles like Moon, Highwood forest, Necromancer's tower, Elven forest retreat, Shrines, Hills, etc.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:42:53 am by Obsidian Soul »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 08, 2015, 08:36:07 am »

That's actually a DFHack generated header file. I'm not sure about the ones you listed, but you could take a look at Stonesense for examples or try "tiletypes" in DFHack.
Edit: if you simply want to view tile types, "probe" should do the trick.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:40:14 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 184