Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 773102 times)

CowThing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1485 on: February 15, 2015, 03:33:34 pm »

I recently started messing with this plugin, and I've got a couple questions about overrides.

How do I replace the prepared food tile?

And how do I replace the active screw pump tile? I'm able to replace the inactive tile using SCREW_PUMP:ScrewPump, but I don't know about the active tile.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 15, 2015, 04:16:38 pm »

Multilevel rendering is really a FPS killer to me now. For example, I'm playing a 1x1 map, there's a floor with some holes. I've already limited FPS to 50 and GFPS to 15. Without multilevel, the game runs normally, but if I use multilevel 5, FPS will drop to 20.

I tested some other floors. It seems, the speed depends on how many levels it actually renders. Even if there's only 1 hole on the floor and there are 5 z levels of open space below the hole, the game will be slowed down dramatically

No real FPS issue here, but the real reason I keep turning it off is it makes it almost impossible to tell where traversable Z-drops are. This isn't so important in fortress mode, but it's incredibly annoying in adventure mode. The tiny amount of tint and perhaps drop shadowing? Nowhere near sufficient.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:19:12 pm by draeath »
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 15, 2015, 04:19:19 pm »

[OVERRIDE:37:I:FOOD:FOOD:0:2:15]
[OVERRIDE:37:I:FOOD:FOOD:1:2:16]
[OVERRIDE:37:I:FOOD:FOOD:2:2:17]

From TILESET:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png overrides prepared food, however it's in barrels or pots most of the time until they grab it to eat it. It's one of those.

I don't know if you can replace the activate screw pump tile I'd have to see what it looks like originally then with the override then while activate in both cases. But there's still only the one override in the readme so it may not be possible anyways.

@draeth It really isn't meant to be used in adventure mode but if you check the readme you can edit the shadows (which is how clear the lower layers are).

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 15, 2015, 07:10:44 pm »

Multilevel rendering is really a FPS killer to me now. For example, I'm playing a 1x1 map, there's a floor with some holes. I've already limited FPS to 50 and GFPS to 15. Without multilevel, the game runs normally, but if I use multilevel 5, FPS will drop to 20.

I tested some other floors. It seems, the speed depends on how many levels it actually renders. Even if there's only 1 hole on the floor and there are 5 z levels of open space below the hole, the game will be slowed down dramatically

No real FPS issue here, but the real reason I keep turning it off is it makes it almost impossible to tell where traversable Z-drops are. This isn't so important in fortress mode, but it's incredibly annoying in adventure mode. The tiny amount of tint and perhaps drop shadowing? Nowhere near sufficient.
It affect my fps but not gfps, strange. Maybe my fort is getting old, there are too many dead critters in the list.
Yeah, sometimes it is hard to tell. z-0 and z-1 looks too similar sometimes, maybe it should add more shadows? I don't know.
But trees and waterfalls look really nice.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 15, 2015, 07:52:33 pm »

Isn't there an option to change how strong the tint is per level?  I'm pretty sure I recall raising mine to make the difference between each level clearer, which should fix your issue telling them apart.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 15, 2015, 08:13:23 pm »

Yes this,

multilevel shadowcolor -r- -g- -b- -a-
Set shadow colour. Components are in range 0-1. Default is 0 0 0 0.4

multilevel fogcolor -r- -g- -b-
Set fog colour. Default is 0.1 0.1 0.3

multilevel fogdensity <density> [<start>] [<step>]
Set fog density parameters. Default is 0.15 0 1

Add it to dfhack.init or extra_dfhack_init.init it doesn't really matter.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 15, 2015, 08:43:25 pm »

Ah, thanks.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 15, 2015, 08:48:43 pm »

Yeah, it's a bummer that it doesn't work as flawlessly with adventure mode as it does in fort mode since it is so useful for checking a keep at a glance for interesting loot. I wish I could toggle it.

CowThing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 15, 2015, 09:39:05 pm »

[OVERRIDE:37:I:FOOD:FOOD:0:2:15]
[OVERRIDE:37:I:FOOD:FOOD:1:2:16]
[OVERRIDE:37:I:FOOD:FOOD:2:2:17]

From TILESET:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png overrides prepared food, however it's in barrels or pots most of the time until they grab it to eat it. It's one of those.

I don't know if you can replace the activate screw pump tile I'd have to see what it looks like originally then with the override then while activate in both cases. But there's still only the one override in the readme so it may not be possible anyways.

Thanks, I tried it out, it seems [OVERRIDE:37:I:FOOD:FOOD:0:text:48] worked. It changed the food into a "0". But it seems like it only overrides when the dwarf has it on a table, when the dwarf is carrying the prepared food it's still a "%". But you're right that it's rarely seen, I just wanted to see how it works.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 16, 2015, 12:07:57 pm »

Yeah, it's a bummer that it doesn't work as flawlessly with adventure mode as it does in fort mode since it is so useful for checking a keep at a glance for interesting loot. I wish I could toggle it.

You can set a pair of keybinds in the dfhack init - one to set multilevel to your preferred number of levels, and one for none.

If you've the spare keys you can of course put in several levels.

... feature request time! multilevel increment, decrement, and toggle commands - suitable for keybinding!
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 16, 2015, 05:39:55 pm »

You can set a pair of keybinds in the dfhack init - one to set multilevel to your preferred number of levels, and one for none.

If you've the spare keys you can of course put in several levels.

... feature request time! multilevel increment, decrement, and toggle commands - suitable for keybinding!

You can already type mutlilevel # in the dfhack console to include more levels or less.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 16, 2015, 06:27:43 pm »

Yes, but you can't increase or decrease the level count relative to the current number (assuming I'm understanding the request correctly).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 16, 2015, 08:09:37 pm »

I mean toggle twbt since it's invaluable for stuff like scanning a keep for useful gear, but it glitches out a lot in travel mode and crashes a lot in forest retreats, but that's probably impossible since it's taking over the print mode entirely.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1499 on: February 16, 2015, 08:15:53 pm »

I mean toggle twbt since it's invaluable for stuff like scanning a keep for useful gear, but it glitches out a lot in travel mode and crashes a lot in forest retreats, but that's probably impossible since it's taking over the print mode entirely.

But you can always try to report glitches (better with a screenshot) and crashes)
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 185