Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457553 times)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R2_40_19] [LNPr1]
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2014, 11:37:52 am »

100% awesome.

I'm getting crashes too about 20% of the time during worldgen.

But also I am crashing in fort mode. Whenever I exit and save, it crashes.  Plus it is also crashing randomly every 10-20 minutes.

Going back to vanilla until this is sorted out.

Here is a fort that crashes after ~30 minutes of play: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9emz2l37i5aatv/dark-ages-world-crash.zip?dl=0

Turn off DFHack. Even the old stable version had issues in world gen with Dark Ages. I recommend running without it until further notice.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:45:58 pm by Rammok »

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2014, 11:45:59 am »

i noticed that no lnp version have a difrent world gen stuff.

Edit. still getting crashes no matter what, can someone upload some stable generated world on large region?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:58:08 am by HARD »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2014, 12:14:48 pm »

Turn off DFHack. Even the old stable version had issues in world gen with Dark Ages. I recommend running without it until further notice.

:-( I'm afraid I'm completely dependant on dfhack these days. Going back to vanilla DF is a maddening exercise in tediousness that I can't imagine.

DFHack with unmodded DF is quite stable for me. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the bugs in DA, but I'd need some guidance on what do test out as right now I've no idea what's causing the crash.

Until then I'll play vanilla and watch this thread for updates.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2014, 12:46:53 pm »

:-( I'm afraid I'm completely dependant on dfhack these days. Going back to vanilla DF is a maddening exercise in tediousness that I can't imagine.

DFHack with unmodded DF is quite stable for me. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the bugs in DA, but I'd need some guidance on what do test out as right now I've no idea what's causing the crash.

Until then I'll play vanilla and watch this thread for updates.

Weren't you running DA prior to the LNP without DFHack? And I thought you were running your own Linux build.

If you changed any world gen parameters, that can cause crashing even in vanilla. If you were running with DFHack this whole time, and had issues since [R2_40_19] it might be something I've done.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:50:13 pm by Rammok »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2014, 01:47:57 pm »

Weren't you running DA prior to the LNP without DFHack? And I thought you were running your own Linux build.

I was running DA prior to the R2 LNP release, but with DFHack.. precisely because I was running my own Linux build. I built DA from a vanilla DF installation by copying in DFHack and the DA raws from the Windows ASCII release.

If you changed any world gen parameters, that can cause crashing even in vanilla. If you were running with DFHack this whole time, and had issues since [R2_40_19] it might be something I've done.

I have been using DFHack this whole time (since 40.16). I will go play the first 40.19 release for awhile with DFHack and see if it crashes!

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2014, 02:37:22 pm »

i noticed that no lnp version have a difrent world gen stuff.

Edit. still getting crashes no matter what, can someone upload some stable generated world on large region?

You are running Windows right? And, if you turn off DFHack and gen a world and run it, you are getting crashing on saving?

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2014, 05:53:41 pm »

okej so i managed to create world and even embark with no crashes, just had to turn off df. Anyway is it possible to play as humans?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R2_40_19_LNP_r2]
« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2014, 09:33:31 pm »

okej so i managed to create world and even embark with no crashes, just had to turn off df. Anyway is it possible to play as humans?

Currently, only Legendary Dwarfs and vanilla Dwarfs are playable in Fortress mode.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R2_40_19] [LNP_r2]
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2014, 09:37:09 pm »

Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok [R2_40_19] [LNP_r2]
(Only updates a few default settings of the Starter Pack.)
Download: http://dfdarkage.com/download.html
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:14:21 pm by GM-X »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2014, 12:30:16 pm »

i get crashes when saving new world maby thats the reason i cant load it later. Is it possible for someone to upload somewhere already created world? just save folder or maby whole game folder, dunno.

Using a script I attempted to generate 60 large worlds, and only 20 completed successfully, the rest crash during the save. I repeated the test with the medium setting and in that test I got 48 successfully saved worlds. Notably I haven't gotten any crashes with pocket worlds, obviously whatever bug in the mod is causing the world gen to crash is less likely to trigger on smaller world sizes.

If anyone wants one let me know, here's a dropbox album with the world maps.

Now to try out DA without DFHack and see I still get crashes during the game.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2014, 04:04:33 pm »

i get crashes when saving new world maby thats the reason i cant load it later. Is it possible for someone to upload somewhere already created world? just save folder or maby whole game folder, dunno.

Using a script I attempted to generate 60 large worlds, and only 20 completed successfully, the rest crash during the save. I repeated the test with the medium setting and in that test I got 48 successfully saved worlds. Notably I haven't gotten any crashes with pocket worlds, obviously whatever bug in the mod is causing the world gen to crash is less likely to trigger on smaller world sizes.

I've not experienced any crashes on the Windows version during world gen in a long time. Including with DFHack on.

How many years old are these test worlds? Old large worlds are more prone to crashing, probably due to memory/space constraints.

I recommend turning off DFHack during world gen if you experience crashing. However, this is not a bug with Dark Ages or something that I can correct. DA pushes DF to the limit of world gen and any complications can potentially destabilize it.

I ran your saved game with DFHack off for about 45-minutes with no crashing. So it may be possible to just turn it off-and-on as needed.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:32:15 pm by Rammok »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2014, 04:13:45 pm »

I have had the game crash during world gen a number of times. From what I have seen it generally occurs during the history generation part of it. The crashes where all windows going all "its not responding so Imma gonna shut it down" sort. If I had to guess the problem lies with it hitting some big event during world gen where a lot of interactions are happening and the computer just can't handle it anymore. I have noticed this same problem with vanilla DF when I am attempting to push the number of civilizations or similar parameters. Likely it happens more in Dark Ages because there are more places civilizations can fit (for instance water) and so you run into it more. The actual places you can place a civ in vanilla is surprisingly small if you take a close look at the restrictions.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2014, 04:25:48 pm »

I have had the game crash during world gen a number of times. From what I have seen it generally occurs during the history generation part of it. The crashes where all windows going all "its not responding so Imma gonna shut it down" sort. If I had to guess the problem lies with it hitting some big event during world gen where a lot of interactions are happening and the computer just can't handle it anymore. I have noticed this same problem with vanilla DF when I am attempting to push the number of civilizations or similar parameters. Likely it happens more in Dark Ages because there are more places civilizations can fit (for instance water) and so you run into it more. The actual places you can place a civ in vanilla is surprisingly small if you take a close look at the restrictions.

Correct.

Also, I was just about to message you. About all great animals being war trainable. Apparently I left a few out. Like Great Crocodiles and Great Alligators. To be fixed in the next release.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:33:18 pm by Rammok »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2014, 06:27:56 pm »

Correct.

Also, I was just about to message you. About all great animals being war trainable. Apparently I left a few out. Like Great Crocodiles and Great Alligators. To be fixed in the next release.

Ah, that is interesting to know. Makes me somewhat sad about mine though admittedly not as much than if I had a breeding pair of them.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2014, 02:38:53 am »

I've not experienced any crashes on the Windows version during world gen in a long time. Including with DFHack on.

How many years old are these test worlds? Old large worlds are more prone to crashing, probably due to memory/space constraints.

I recommend turning off DFHack during world gen if you experience crashing. However, this is not a bug with Dark Ages or something that I can correct. DA pushes DF to the limit of world gen and any complications can potentially destabilize it.

I ran your saved game with DFHack off for about 45-minutes with no crashing. So it may be possible to just turn it off-and-on as needed.

I'll add a new large region advanced world parameter that will hopefully help.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92