_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5759165 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14100 on: April 23, 2013, 10:10:40 am »

I wonder if looking through the world via a Mk suit's visor would help me differentiate between reality and delusion, after all, my hallucinations are rather consistent, thus if an image isn't affected by the filter, it would be a hallucination...
Charles goes to get his Mk suit taking note of any hallucinations he sees. He puts on the Mk suit with the faceplate down, he returns to his previous position noting any differences in any hallucination he sees.

Feyri turned towards Lyra, seeing her inclination to follow her, and decided to do the same onto Charles. It was better to deal with a possibility of an anomaly than anything else, and she still had to discuss the state of Lyra's communication skills - she was concerned, but she was also concerned if her concern would offend Lyra...in a way.

Must get that file to Grate soon.

"I see no sheep and I guess nobody else does, back in the quarters. As for that, I'll just follow you." Feyri gestured at Lyra then at herself. "We're suitless, so I guess that'll aid a bit. Suppose what you were both seeing was a camera thing, huh.

"Ask the AM. I'll be there."

Inquire @ AM on the presence of a seven-eyed sheep with a...melted visage, and why two Sword personnel viewed it distinctly - as in, no deviation in description, and the very fact that it was definite in its words.

Also, ask on why it said that the AM and the Doctor are 'not human.'

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: April 23, 2013, 10:47:40 am »

((May I have an idea for what the sheep is? It's a joke by the DM on the player who was self-admittingly hallucinating, and I have to say it was hilarious. Not saying your reactions are bad are out of character. I actually enjoy seeing characters cooperate on something, but I didn't see anyone so much as mention that very likely possibility.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:24 am »

((May I have an idea for what the sheep is? It's a joke by the DM on the player who was self-admittingly hallucinating, and I have to say it was hilarious. Not saying your reactions are bad are out of character. I actually enjoy seeing characters cooperate on something, but I didn't see anyone so much as mention that very likely possibility.))

((It's obviously a possibility, but there is the distinct feeling that certain hallucinations may be more than that. For instance, Stacy's vision of the Star-Eater. Who knows what's really going on with all those altered states of mind. Not to mention that the sheep in particular informed Bishop of Timmy's sphere, which Bishop himself knew nothing about at the time. So you can't say all hallucinations are actually just figments of one's imagination or simple jokes. The sheep, for instance, is one of the stranger, more prophetic ones.))
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:13:05 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: April 23, 2013, 11:22:08 am »

hold my hands behind my back and Follow Feyri.
still doing this
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: April 23, 2013, 11:26:58 am »

((Yeah, maybe. I took the Star-Eater to be real, but the sheep be a joke, especially with the Hell references. By the way, I think there's still a copy of the picture saved someplace. Didn't you save it at a computer/VR and sent it to several peoples wrist-pads?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14105 on: April 23, 2013, 11:28:22 am »

((Yeah, maybe. I took the Star-Eater to be real, but the sheep be a joke, especially with the Hell references. By the way, I think there's still a copy of the picture saved someplace. Didn't you save it at a computer/VR and sent it to several peoples wrist-pads?))
((I believe the men in black took care of those copies.

EDIT: Besides, we have a man who can hear the ghosts of former sword occupants. Why would it be strange for a prisoner to haunt this ship and appear like some strange sheep thingy, simply to pull jokes on people? If I had to live for all eternity on an HMRC ship, I'd probably go around pulling pranks on people, while maybe helping a little along the way.

EDIT2: Like those ghost thingies in the wizard novel.))
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:32:40 am by Parisbre56 »

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #14106 on: April 23, 2013, 01:29:50 pm »

In particular, a balance of light, durable, and easy to obtain.
Yes, that's the kind of AI I mean.
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: April 23, 2013, 01:57:26 pm »

((I do believe I did. However, Stacy did have his memory wiped, so he wouldn't remember the password for it even if he had the slightest inkling it existed (provided it still does, that is).))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14108 on: April 23, 2013, 05:37:31 pm »

She has a gender.

GROIN PAWNCH
[dex:6-1]
[girl dex:3]
[str:1-1]
You punch her right in the crotch and break every bone in your hand.
She throws oneliners at you.

(Indeed.)

Try to change the channel. If I can't find anything better, head to the VR room and fire up Punch Many Things.
Anything in particular you want to be looking for? For all I know vintage reruns of "Jersey shore" may constitute what your character find interesting.

Do so. Nail him wherever he keeps ammunition.
[con:1+2]
You miss, firing a few inches over his head, but luckily no one in the group seems to notice. Thank god for invisible lasers eh?

I wonder if looking through the world via a Mk suit's visor would help me differentiate between reality and delusion, after all, my hallucinations are rather consistent, thus if an image isn't affected by the filter, it would be a hallucination...
Charles goes to get his Mk suit taking note of any hallucinations he sees. He puts on the Mk suit with the faceplate down, he returns to his previous position noting any differences in any hallucination he sees.
Through the Mk I you see no hallucinations, but then again, the sheep had wandered off a while ago, so it's not like the mindfuck was camping at your door seconds ago. Maybe you should just keep it on and see if it helps.

Pay no attention to the strange person in my lap. Change the channel to something news-related.

You change to a news station and listen to a story about people commemorating the return of a comet that passes only every hundred years or so. The story talks about how the customs surrounding the comet's return are rather odd, but it doesn't go into any real depth about them, other then that they're quite old and no one really knows what their meaning is anymore.

"Sorry about this."
Crack Knuckles, punch her face.
[dex:4+1]
[girl dex:4]
[str:2]
You sort of lightly tap the girl.
[girl str:6]
[end:6]
She delivers a flying roundhouse kick to your head. It doesn't really hurt, but you're kinda confused as to what the hell is going on here.

Feyri turned towards Lyra, seeing her inclination to follow her, and decided to do the same onto Charles. It was better to deal with a possibility of an anomaly than anything else, and she still had to discuss the state of Lyra's communication skills - she was concerned, but she was also concerned if her concern would offend Lyra...in a way.

Must get that file to Grate soon.

"I see no sheep and I guess nobody else does, back in the quarters. As for that, I'll just follow you." Feyri gestured at Lyra then at herself. "We're suitless, so I guess that'll aid a bit. Suppose what you were both seeing was a camera thing, huh.

"Ask the AM. I'll be there."

Inquire @ AM on the presence of a seven-eyed sheep with a...melted visage, and why two Sword personnel viewed it distinctly - as in, no deviation in description, and the very fact that it was definite in its words.

Also, ask on why it said that the AM and the Doctor are 'not human.'

I dunno, maybe the Doctor is spiking the food again.  Also, think about that last question a second. You're asking me to defend the fact that I'm human against allegations made by a hallucination.

Does that really seem reasonable to you?

In particular, a balance of light, durable, and easy to obtain.
Yes, that's the kind of AI I mean.

Something aircraft grade is probably your best bet then, such as aluminum or, if you're really feeling frisky Aluminium oxynitride. It should be fairly cheap and durable, though the drone could still be damaged by the shock of the impact, if it's powerful enough.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: April 23, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »

((
Spoiler: Theory (click to show/hide)
))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: April 23, 2013, 06:13:12 pm »

...Good question.

HEad to VR, fire up Punch Many Things.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: April 23, 2013, 08:40:12 pm »

Grab her by the throat. Jam the fingers of one hand into her eyes and wiggle them around until they are nought but jelly. Afterward, bite her nose off, reach up her nasal cavity and rip out her brain.
Skin her afterwards.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: April 23, 2013, 08:42:41 pm »

Charles goes to one of the VR machines and loads the tinker file that he saved the sheep into.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: April 24, 2013, 01:36:13 am »

"That was good, how about this!"
SNAP THE NECK
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: April 24, 2013, 01:42:14 am »

hold my hands behind my back and Follow Feyri.
still doing this
same time, same place, same plan

EDIT:
look around for how the floors are cleaned

if everyone is barefoot, and crew never enter the area (to clean it) then Charles' feet should have been absolutely filthy. humans sweat, sweat spreads on surfaces it contacts, and sweat is sticky, meaning it collects dust out of the air.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:10:58 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 2101