_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5760074 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14145 on: April 26, 2013, 02:54:03 am »

"You know your alright, you have a name?"
Don't drop my guard, counter-attack her next move.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14146 on: April 26, 2013, 02:57:45 am »

((I wonder what will happens if she gives different answers to everyone who is questioning her.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14147 on: April 26, 2013, 05:21:27 am »

hold my hands behind my back and Follow Feyri.
still doing this
same time, same place, same plan
I have a plan. It may be the exact same thing as last time, but it's my plan and i like it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #14148 on: April 26, 2013, 09:51:06 am »

((So the Tinker system needs me to be specific to really get anywhere, huh? All right then. I can do specific. Oh, can I ever.
Designation system: A#Mx. # is thickness of armor times 2. x is material, abbreviated to 1 letter. These are so it's easy to type up the name for each in your reply, Piecewise. You're welcome.))

Set the screen with AI information to the side for later. "Have to get the Eyes' designs functioning first..."
((The plan is to eventually give the Eyes a full AI in the sense of self-learning, self-thinking, emotion-having AI, capable of acting on its own if Celeste is incapacitated or otherwise unable to direct it. The Eyes will share one collective AI, which will be contained separately from the eyes; the eyes themselves will only have rudimentary self-sufficient functions in case they lose connection with the main control center. The best way I can think to describe it is that each Eye will be like a "hand" with the control center acting as the "brain"; in the same way that we can control the parts of our body independently, the control center will be able to individually control the Eyes. Obviously the 3 laws will have to be implemented in some fashion, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.))

Examine an Eye more closely. Look for any specific details to keep in mind while armoring and equipping, as well as any less obvious functions that may be useful. Take note of these prior to testing armor and equipment.

Leave one Eye unarmored as a control. Designation A0M0.

Give one Eye 7068 aluminum alloy, 0.5 inches thick, making sure not to obstruct the rocket ports. Designation A1MA.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1 inch. Designation A2MA.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1.5 inches. Designation A3MA.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 2 inches. Designation A4MA.

Give one Eye titanium aluminide plating, 0.5 inches thick, making sure not to obstruct the rocket ports. Designation A1MM.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1 inch. Designation A2MM.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1.5 inches. Designation A3MM.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 2 inches. Designation A4MM.

Give one Eye grade 38 titanium alloy plating, 0.5 inches thick, making sure not to obstruct the rocket ports. Designation A1MT.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1 inch. Designation A2MT.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1.5 inches. Designation A3MT.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 2 inches. Designation A4MT.

Test mobility and top speed of each Eye. Record results.
Test durability of each by simulating an impact equivalent to crashing into a surface at 10MPH. Examine each Eye's armor, then remove armor and examine each Eye for damage. Record results. Undo any damage sustained to the Eyes and their armors, completely respawning the Eyes as needed, then reattach their respective armors.
Repeat testing/recording/repairing process, increasing impact speed simulation by 10MPH each time, until none of the Eyes survive the impact. Record each Eye's maximum durability.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:00:22 am by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14149 on: April 26, 2013, 09:58:17 am »

((I find it interesting how any character, no matter the background, turns into a physics, metallurgy, and chemistry guru as soon as they enter Tinker. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Feldrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14150 on: April 26, 2013, 09:59:44 am »

((Kinda wondering how I get started. Is there some hangar Seth's supposed to be dropped in on, or do I just pop out of thin space air...))

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #14151 on: April 26, 2013, 10:02:19 am »

((I find it interesting how any character, no matter the background, turns into a physics, metallurgy, and chemistry guru as soon as they enter Tinker. :P))
((You'll notice I had Celeste pull up screens with information before starting to work. Basically, she's using the Internet to assist her when she doesn't know something herself. I found those alloys through cursory research online, so she wouldn't have much trouble finding the information.))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:04:00 am by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14152 on: April 26, 2013, 10:03:53 am »

((I find it amusing that Xan believes he'll
a. find a smart person in the HMRC
b. find a smart person in the HMRC that will help him mess with the VRs
c. find a smart person in the HMRC that will help him mess with the VRs while Steve and the VR addicts are watching.))
((Kinda wondering how I get started. Is there some hangar Seth's supposed to be dropped in on, or do I just pop out of thin space air...))
((You start naked and covered in stasis SPACE goo in the SPACE barracks (sometimes, the SPACE goo is still inside your SPACE lungs). You have just been ejected from your stasis SPACE pod. There is a SPACE box labeled SPACE clothes next to you. You somehow obtain five SPACE tokens after you wake up from your SPACE stasis (people usually find them in the SPACE clothes they take from the SPACE box, although if you go naked I don't know where they'll be stored). That is all.))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:09:17 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14153 on: April 26, 2013, 10:07:56 am »

((Well, you do KNOW where they will be stored.  You just don't want to think about it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Feldrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14154 on: April 26, 2013, 10:09:46 am »

((You start naked and covered in stasis SPACE goo in the SPACE barracks (sometimes, the SPACE goo is still inside your SPACE lungs). You have just been ejected from your stasis SPACE pod. There is a SPACE box labeled SPACE clothes next to you. You somehow obtain five SPACE tokens after you wake up from your SPACE stasis (people usually find them in the SPACE clothes they take from the SPACE box, although if you go naked I don't know where they'll be stored). That is all.))

(( Many SPACE thanks to you. Oh, this is going to be interesting. I will probably post when I get home then.))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:12:14 am by Feldrain »

Feldrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14155 on: April 26, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »

(( I was kinda hoping someone else would post before I got back. So sorry for the double post...))

Recover from any sort of SPACE grogginess. Shake off SPACE stasis goo. Collect the SPACE clothes from the SPACE box.

*Looks around* "So, uh...Where's the SPACE welcome party?"

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14156 on: April 26, 2013, 03:26:44 pm »

((It's okay. It's kinda slow right now because of the finals everywhere, and Piecewise is also moving, so don't expect much until the start of the summer. Although if I was you, I'd just edit my post. But that's just me, I edit my posts all the time.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14157 on: April 26, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »

((I've been planning this--on and on, mostly off--for weeks.))

"Where's the guy I'm supposed to punch? Oh, look, a little girl!"

Go hug the girl to incapacitate her with confusion, cooties, and/or a hug.

((If Defeat == Friendship, surely Friendship == Defeat?))
((Doesn't work like that. You've got to charm her first. Use your charisma, which is.... oh.
(Why do hugs need a Charisma check? Dexterity, sure, if the target is moving, but Charisma is for how they react to the hug.

Oh.)

No, but if you actually want to pull that off you should behave as you would with a dangerous animal. Keep your distance, no sudden movements, no rushing ahead. Just trying to hug her will just result in her doing what I would've done in her situation. ie: freak out, punch, punch again, jump backwards.))
(Well, I'll see how this works out.)

((I wonder what will happens if she gives different answers to everyone who is questioning her.))
((The players will all come up with crazy theories to explain it. Next question.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14158 on: April 26, 2013, 05:20:23 pm »

Have I ever talked to you about the dangers of hugging?
Grate's mention of a dex roll for hugging reminded me of that.

Also, Thearpox, even though an avatar may seem like a good choice, it's actually a waste of tokens, because it has very limited use. You can only use them in battles in open spaces and to handle extremely large and dangerous objects in open spaces. Except if you take the standard HMRC approach to solving problems and start blowing them up.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14159 on: April 26, 2013, 05:26:53 pm »

((well, standards do exist for a reason...))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 2101