Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2209371 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

im not reading 700-odd pages. wht is this about?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Mugs. And Demons. And godlike dwarves. And mugs. And amazing stories that have little to do with the actual fort, but are worth reading (You must read, silly). Also, mugs.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Ostensible Syrupleaf fansequel, Holistic Spawn, mugs, massive sci-fi derail, mugs, a HOSPITAL, interdimensional megacorporations, zombie-based defense systems, mugs, hallways that go nowhere, plotlines that go nowhere, turns that go nowhere, mugs, OOC temper tantrums, Talvi and Reudh both being bros, CARNAGE, mugs, and an unfortunate non-ending in which nothing is resolved

Talvi's trying to fix that last one though
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I figure they might make for a nice solitary predator-thing to run into in the caverns and maybe wetlands (what with being amorphous masses of detritus and junk.)

Noted. I can certainly rework them into random creatures, although I'm wondering if it'd then be a good idea to get rid of their toxic drippings, as they'd get out of hand pretty quickly if they were something that just sort of wandered in and out of the map.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Mugs. And Demons. And godlike dwarves. And mugs. And amazing stories that have little to do with the actual fort, but are worth reading (You must read, silly). Also, mugs.
Oh, and don't forget the mugs, the mugs, the mugs and the mugs.
Fixed.

Splint, you say there's another fortress around?
Where is?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Oh, and don't forget the mugs, the mugs, the mugs and the mugs.
Fixed.

Splint, you say there's another fortress around?
Where is?

A new one's coming once the next version is out and stable, since the current consensus is "GIVE ME USABLE MUGS."

Although if there's sufficient interest in an unrelated fort, I could try to get one rolling with some input from those interested.

Well I figure they might make for a nice solitary predator-thing to run into in the caverns and maybe wetlands (what with being amorphous masses of detritus and junk.)

Noted. I can certainly rework them into random creatures, although I'm wondering if it'd then be a good idea to get rid of their toxic drippings, as they'd get out of hand pretty quickly if they were something that just sort of wandered in and out of the map.

I'd say abandon toxic drippings in favor of localized necrosis being inflicted with attacks made by the jagged bits of rock, glass, and metal stuck to it that break the skin and maybe an emission attack/interaction that causes extreme nausea ("The Trash Golem releases a cloud of noxious fumes!")

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say abandon toxic drippings in favor of localized necrosis being inflicted with attacks made by the jagged bits of rock, glass, and metal stuck to it that break the skin and maybe an emission attack/interaction that causes extreme nausea ("The Trash Golem releases a cloud of noxious fumes!")

Sure. I think it's coated in noxious gunk anyways, so any sort of contact with it will already result in a rather nasty necrotic rash, so no changes needed there. I think it may also have a poison gas attack already but I can't remember. Not sure if I can make it just have random sharp bits pointing out without its bodyparts list getting clunky and ugly to navigate, though; it already has a giant scrap-metal claw to slash things with.

It'll still bleed poison when injured, mind, but it just won't passively drip it everywhere. That sound good?

E: Snipped some irrelevant stuff

E2: Added another thought I had
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:13:47 pm by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure. I think it's coated in noxious gunk anyways, so any sort of contact with it will already result in a rather nasty necrotic rash, so no changes needed there. I think it may also have a poison gas attack already but I can't remember.

It'll still bleed poison when injured, mind, but it just won't passively drip it everywhere. That sound good?

E: Snipped some irrelevant stuff

Seems like a good trade to me.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like I was way way way ahead of you on both the syndromes you described, heh:

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MIASMA:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:trash golem miasma]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:trash golem miasma]
[MELTING_POINT:9950]
[BOILING_POINT:10000]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:PURPLE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:trash golem sickness]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INHALED][SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:0:PEAK:100:END:3000]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:0:PEAK:100:END:3000]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SLUDGE:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen sludge]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen sludge]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:sludge]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:sludge]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling sludge]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling sludge]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:BLACK]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:trash golem burn]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:START:200:PEAK:10:END:2000]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:START:1200:PEAK:10:END:1000]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:trash golem sludge poisoning]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:200:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:START:200:PEAK:10:END:4000]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:START:1200:PEAK:10:END:3000]

Yes, the sludge does give a much worse effect if ingested. If one of these things gets into a water source/the food stockpile and nobody notices... Gyehehehe! :D Worth noting that it can also fling blobs of sludge as a ranged attack.

TBH the critter already looks more-or-less ready to roll; I just need to convert it into a random creature instead of a megabeast and maybe make it a bit weaker.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:22:16 pm by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god, that thing's butcherable?

... You know, in hindsight, that could feasibly make them desired as a source of some kind of mineral or something. Butchers pull the sludge off and you get a sword, or spear, or a chunk of special ore or something.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... You know, in hindsight, that could feasibly make them desired as a source of some kind of mineral or something. Butchers pull the sludge off and you get a sword, or spear, or a chunk of special ore or something.

I don't believe it's butcherable, but if some of its gunk gets onto a plump helmet and a dwarf eats it I'm pretty sure the dwarf is gonna die.

I do like the idea of "butchering" it for scrap metal and possibly weapons, although I'll have to do a bit of reading to figure out how to do it. My modding is very very rusty and I'm not familiar with 40x's raws.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

I'm already doing Minecraft modding at camp this week...
Must...resist...urge...until...Friday...afternoon...
Must...find...text...editor...for...tablet...

E:FakeE:Yeahnope, not gonna make a fool of myself with blind guess modding suggestions.
E2:But I AM going to make a fool of myself after reading the wiki!
If you could create an object that will preserve the mass and composition of a trash golem, post-butcher, I'd do a two-stage reaction where the butcher removes the organic bits, producing a sludge material in a barrel (use for bioweapons?) and the mechanic dismantles it, giving scrap and, you know, possibly weapons. 

*idle thought*
...Candy trash golems... *shudders*
Hope that's not a thing.  Or if it is a thing, it's an EXTREMELY RARE THING.

I know we already have the Jackborgs, but it would be really cool to be able to make weaker, friendly versions of trash golems out of trash golem bits and animal fat.  Or something.

Or just mech suits.  Did we try to do that already?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:17:19 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't believe it's butcherable, but if some of its gunk gets onto a plump helmet and a dwarf eats it I'm pretty sure the dwarf is gonna die.

I do like the idea of "butchering" it for scrap metal and possibly weapons, although I'll have to do a bit of reading to figure out how to do it. My modding is very very rusty and I'm not familiar with 40x's raws.

For the most part the creature and item raws aren't really changed from what i can tell.

I think the tag [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT] governs getting stuff from butchering (gizzard stones for example.)

Yeahnope, not gonna make a fool of myself with blind guess modding suggestions.

Minecraft devoured my life for roughly a month and a half. On break from it right now, working with a friend on a mod for New Vegas (small early game thing.) I learned how to decorate a space and navmesh it!

And if you have ideas, feel free to shoot.

I've personally figured even working power armor/battlesuits are possible with DFHack magic, though that'd take someone better than those of us here presumably.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

THE NINJA LIVES!
E:Where're the full raws?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:27:43 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, yes it does. Jackborgs were intended as a war animal along with Pit Gorlaks and Battle Yaks (battle yaks saw action in a test for in an age past, and performed admirably.)

friendly golems would require some kind of interaction/syndrome thing or DFhack magic.

As would mech/battlesuits.
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 815