Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 215017 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2013, 05:57:24 pm »

Undead, joy. One thing worse then a zombie is a zombie on fire.

when we have mana, make a fungi that grow quickly on dead flesh and leech mana, but has a kill switch so we don't get overrun by them. Our village will need to make blunt weapons to deal with the remaining skeletons. Anything else?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:01:48 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2013, 06:32:50 pm »

Make sure they have slashing weapons in case of zombies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2013, 06:37:11 pm »

Always need a backup.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2013, 06:44:08 pm »

Hmmm. Ceremonial necromancy. Cool. Lightning and creation as well, apparently, or something to do with smithing...Leech the heat from the village's fires? Would that be breaking that god's 'rules'? It'd make 'em cold, unable to produce weapons, etc.

Sorry; just thought since they're like bees. On the other hand, we should rest, conserve our strength, and tell our villagers to plant rose-seeds, flowers, and bushes around the village.

Also. Tell them to gather all the scrap metal they have into a large pit. By scrap metal, I mean like broken bits of swords, mangled trowels, all that. Put wood to one side of it. I have a plan...

A question though. I believe most of the reason we've been using Life and Fire more is that I, at least, don't really understand what we can do with chaos. Drive things insane and change energy? What else? Also, how many villagers do there seem to be in his village?

In the morning, we should talk to the priest. I really want him on our side; a chaos boon for him to complete the trio would be helpful.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2013, 06:45:05 pm »

I say we just go insane. When Maher's minions leave the safety of the village, pour everything we got into just destroying them with PURE CHAOS. The sky will fall, the ground will fly, water will become chocolate and zombies will turn itno puppies!

If we don't go with my insane plan, then I support Scapheap.

when we have mana, make a fungi that grow quickly on dead flesh and leech mana, but has a kill switch so we don't get overrun by them. Our village will need to make blunt weapons to deal with the remaining skeletons. Anything else?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:01 pm »

A question though. I believe most of the reason we've been using Life and Fire more is that I, at least, don't really understand what we can do with chaos. Drive things insane and change energy? What else?
We could also make places that don't follow normal law, radiation without the sickness and mess up anyone by rearranging their inside for started.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2013, 06:53:56 pm »

Mm, chocolate...

Corai's plan is a decent backup, but let's try scapheap's first.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »

Corai's plan would be breaking the rule of this battle(we using our magic directly on his guys)

Rolepgeek's first idea is in the grey area(not touching his guys but we are messing with them)

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »

Quote from: Rolepgeek
A question though. I believe most of the reason we've been using Life and Fire more is that I, at least, don't really understand what we can do with chaos. Drive things insane and change energy? What else?
Chaos is by far the most flexible element, at the price of being the most unstable and unpredictable.

Examples of what you can do with it:
-Inspire creativity
-Inspire madness
-Disrupt orderly structures
-Change energy of one type to another type
-Make spell effects more unpredictable and widespread
-Free things from physical and mental restraints
-Twist entities into another form
-Speed evolution and innovation

Which is far from an inclusive list. Don't be afraid to get creative with it, just realize that the potential for it to backfire exists.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2013, 07:04:42 pm »

Corai's plan would be breaking the rule of this battle(we using our magic directly on his guys)

Now, we aren't attacking them. We're just making the battlefield look better. It isn't our fault they walk right into the exploding chocolate rain of doom. Or get hit by a piece of the sky falling. Or thrown into the air by dirt denying gravity.

Yes I know we can't do any of that. Just making a point.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2013, 07:39:19 pm »

Now, we aren't attacking them. We're just making the battlefield look better. It isn't our fault they walk right into the exploding chocolate rain of doom. Or get hit by a piece of the sky falling. Or thrown into the air by dirt denying gravity.

Yes I know we can't do any of that. Just making a point.
And it's his fault for expecting a god of chaos to not bend the rules!
Sig

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2013, 08:18:52 pm »

Hmmm. Ceremonial necromancy. Cool. Lightning and creation as well, apparently, or something to do with smithing...Leech the heat from the village's fires? Would that be breaking that god's 'rules'? It'd make 'em cold, unable to produce weapons, etc.

Sorry; just thought since they're like bees. On the other hand, we should rest, conserve our strength, and tell our villagers to plant rose-seeds, flowers, and bushes around the village.

Also. Tell them to gather all the scrap metal they have into a large pit. By scrap metal, I mean like broken bits of swords, mangled trowels, all that. Put wood to one side of it. I have a plan...

Also, how many villagers do there seem to be in his village?

In the morning, we should talk to the priest. I really want him on our side; a chaos boon for him to complete the trio would be helpful.

Make sure they have slashing weapons in case of zombies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While still scouting the Maher-controlled village, you note that the population is 43, 8 of which seem to be boon-empowered clerics.

Retracting your awareness back to your village, you project your voice to your worshippers:
"Greetings, my children. I bring tidings that Maher prepares to send an army of undead at us. Please ensure that you are well stocked with both slashing and bludgeoning weapons. While it is unwise to underestimate the enemy, there is no need to become overwrought either. As long as you are with me, we are unstoppable."

You let that sink in, and then continue, "Other preparations I would like you to make include planting rose seeds and bushes at the village's borders, and digging a pit to throw any scrap metal you may have into, with wood stockpiled beside it."

You see villagers nodding, and they step to the task, led by Azula and Eldrick.

You would like to attempt reasoning with the priest again, but you have no mana left. The last vestiges of daylight are fading, is there anything you wish to do before the new day?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:23:17 pm by Corruptor »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2013, 08:30:33 pm »

Nothing.  Rest.  We need mana.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2013, 09:02:33 pm »

The next morning ushers in a harvest of Fire-Nector - the firetrackers themselves flew to deposit it in barrels and crates around the village, much to the villagers' pleasant surprise. 4 barrels have been filled.

"Huh, delicious," said Eldrick, trying some and offering a bit to Lara, his significant other.

One villager trips while simultaneously snacking on some Fire-Nector and hauling jagged bits of metal and promptly manages to tear his arm open on a shard of broken longsword. He fell, clenching his teeth over a gasp of pain, and the jar of Fire-Nector he had been carrying shattered over the wound.

A moment later, and he howled in pain as wisps of smoke and ash erupted from his arm. This went on for a minute before the smoke cleared, and the man blinked at astonishment at his arm which had nary a scratch on it, nor a burn. Apparently when used as a salve, the substance has healing properties.

Two villagers, reluctant up until now to convert, are finally convinced to do so at this new development, giving you 4 mana in addition to your income of 31.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2013, 09:07:15 pm »

Give Azula and Cassius the ability to command the fire jackets, so that they can be used in the defense of the village.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 130