Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 215487 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2013, 08:07:03 am »

We can shame the priest later. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2013, 08:11:41 am »

Beside *deep voice* it easy to change what your voice sound like.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2013, 10:24:11 am »

For a group of people who named this god Donut, you're surprisingly logical.
I hate the name donut, so I'm being as logical as possible to rob the maniacs (lol irony) of their sick, demented thrills of having a crazy god named donut.
+1

Chaos and fire. Cause all the volcanos around the world that are nearby major cities to erupt.
Chaos and life. Create new animal, head of a goat, body of a komodo dragon, tail of a demon, forelimbs of man, hindlegs of a horse. Tell all these animals that are created to go and preach your word, all who worship you shall have their city restored to life after beinv decimated by the volcanos.
That sound like it would take a lot of mana. Not to mention against our actions we be doing(being nice).
We have followers, it's time to be a cruel god.
Not many, though. We need more!

I suggest we show this Maher our power by creating some kind of guardian. Oh, too bad, we didn't take Creation.

Improve Azula's boon, use Chaos to turn a big lump of rock or something into a statue, use Life to make it animate. Give the new golem some sort of ring motif. (Or torus, if you wanna get fancy.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2013, 02:40:36 pm »

A deep, discordant voice springs from our faithful, both at once to create a strangely dissonant and yet pleasant sound.

"Let me be entirely clear with you; if you do get out of my village within 3 minutes, I will light each and every one of your followers on fire. Their bodies will be used to fertilize my garden. And anything you attempt to me and mine shall be twisted and morphed beyond recognition, before being turned back on you."

Create Fire-Flies; swarms of insects that produce intense heat when irritated and fertilize flowers; like bees but with burns rather than stinging, and they don't die from it. They are also friendly to humans, and especially my followers...perhaps they have been/can be domesticated? Additionally, talk to the priest once more. "Now do you believe me? Or do you think that this too is a trick? I will need as much assistance as I can if I am to throw my weight against this god."

Our holy symbol shall by two concentric circles. In fancier designs, the outer ring shall be ablaze while the inner one crawls with vines and the like, and eight lines shall connect the two at even intervals, protruding slightly from the outer ring.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2013, 02:50:54 pm »

Laugh in the priest's face, pointing out true Maher's words. Then apply chaos to his mind to turn him into a vegetable, so he'll listen to our orders and nothing else. Then imbue his flesh with fire to turn him into a fire elemental to protect against Maher's creations. Then tell all non-believers that they have nothing to fear from Maher and that Quentas is dead.
+1

A deep, discordant voice springs from our faithful, both at once to create a strangely dissonant and yet pleasant sound.
I don't think our faithful will be pleased if we use them as a hivemind megaphone...

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2013, 03:19:56 pm »

((Can you please use teal instead of blue? It's badly readable on Darkling))

Laugh in the priest's face, pointing out true Maher's words. Then apply chaos to his mind to turn him into a vegetable, so he'll listen to our orders and nothing else. Then imbue his flesh with fire to turn him into a fire elemental to protect against Maher's creations. Then tell all non-believers that they have nothing to fear from Maher and that Quentas is dead.

We really should have taken destruction...

No. We are a good god, kind and forgiving. Also, dariush, you just one-upped yourself. DUDE, NOT COOL.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2013, 03:59:37 pm »

Tell Maher this "Shove it up your incorporeal ass and walk away. Touch these people and i will kill off every single one of your followers and shit on your shrines."
More upper class like, but this.

cotton and wheat fields restore with the same method.

"Let me be entirely clear with you; if you do get out of my village within 3 minutes, I will light each and every one of your followers on fire. Their bodies will be used to fertilize my garden. And anything you attempt to me and mine shall be twisted and morphed beyond recognition, before being turned back on you."

Create Fire-Flies; swarms of insects that produce intense heat when irritated and fertilize flowers; like bees but with burns rather than stinging, and they don't die from it. They are also friendly to humans, and especially my followers...perhaps they have been/can be domesticated? Additionally, talk to the priest once more. "Now do you believe me? Or do you think that this too is a trick? I will need as much assistance as I can if I am to throw my weight against this god."

Our holy symbol shall by two concentric circles. In fancier designs, the outer ring shall be ablaze while the inner one crawls with vines and the like, and eight lines shall connect the two at even intervals, protruding slightly from the outer ring.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You realize that Maher just burned upwards of 200 mana just to make that little speech - fortunately, with 23/27 of the village worshipping you, responding will only cost you 4.

Projecting your voice to the entire village, you murmur in your dissonant yet melodious voice, "I have a counter proposal - if you do not get out of my village within 3 minutes, I will light each and every one of your followers on fire. Their bodies will be used to fertilize my garden. And anything you attempt to me and mine shall be twisted and morphed beyond recognition, before being turned back on you."

The villagers' faces, which had shown only terror and despair after Maher's little speech, now shone with renewed hope. Except for the priest that is, who throws up his hands and proclaims that Maher must have split personalities.

You decide that now would be a good time for a miracle, and reach for your Fire
and Life aspects - after a moment of consideration you reach for your Chaos aspect as well. This will be the largest working you've attempted - but Chaos Gods aren't the type to meekly stay within the bounds of what they've already attempted.

You first bring to mind the existing Life model of a firefly, pouring mana into the design while twisting it into new forms with Chaos - and all the while, you kindle more and more Fire energy into the core of it's being.

For a moment, you worry that the working will simply fall apart - until the three aspects suddenly synergize, like a puzzle that abruptly clicks together, and the working coalesces into being to plummet to earth like a meteorite.

It strikes in the center of the village, impacting a single house in an explosion of glorious red, green, and chaotic light.

"My house!" the priest wailed, shielding his eyes from the light.

The light slowly fades, and for a moment there is silence from the rubble of the house. Then, the few remaining bits of unburnt wood burst into flame, and a swarm of fiery insects burst from the ashes, leaping into the air above the village and circling.
(1d20 : 17 + LifeSkill(1) + FireSkill(0) + ChaosSkill(0) = 18)

Chaos skill has increased!
Fire skill has increased!

You focus your attention intently on your new creations, and realize that your fireflies are each the size of a tarantula, burning with Fire energy. You somehow know that they will multiply when they gather enough heat, slowly through the warmth of the sun or rapidly from intense sources like a firestorm.

Reaching out to touch their minds, you find them completely malleable to their creator's will. You mentally instruct them to be benevolent towards your worshippers, ambivalent to neutral humans, and wrathful to enemies of the village.

"Fear not," you murmur to the village. "They will not harm you, and will defend you from Maher's forces when the time comes."

"Praise Donut!" Azula yells, and many cries of assent ring out.

They die down, however, when a low, grating chuckle rises. "Excellent," Maher rasps. "Very impressive - it's been far too long since I've had an interesting opponent. Let's make a game of this, shall we? I shall refrain from directly casting on your followers, if you will abstain from the same. This shall be a civilized war, decided through proxies and minions. Since I hold all the information - which isn't very sporting, I'll make it interesting for you."

In the distance, an enormous pillar of black, gold, and yellow energy abruptly rose into the sky, a beacon for all to see. "There lies a village loyal to me," Maher said with a chuckle.
"Well, I must be off, preparations to make, no rest for the wicked!" With that, the village falls into silence, broken only by the soft buzzing of your new creations.

What do you do? And what shall you name your new minions?

Incidentally you realize that you poured all your remaining mana into the attempt. Oh well, the day's nearly over, in any case.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:30:45 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2013, 04:24:25 pm »

Scout the village.

I'm updating the log after each update btw.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2013, 04:41:34 pm »

Scout the village and save mana for the future battles. Let's see how will inhabitants act without our interference

And agree with the rules of the game
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2013, 04:49:11 pm »

Name them fire-jackets. Also, they make their nests in trees and wood, burning the tunnels they want, and the honey they end up producing is called fire nectar. Alchemical uses. Send a few swarms to begin nesting in the trees near Mahir's village. Tomorrow, that is. In the meantime, rest, and instruct the villagers to begin planting seeds of any thorny plants they can find around the village. Blaze-blossoms will be a considerably effective defensive measure...

Oh, something unrelated; I wouldn't think a fire god could reduce or move heat, only create it, and start and/or stop the chemical reaction of fire(though resistance to flames would also be included)so a more creative way for that fire god we heard of allowing his followers through the lake would be to evaporate a tunnel through it, and keep intense heat going to prevent the water from spilling in, and thus a lot of steam and bubbles would apPear, and it'd be uncomfortable, but it'd work.
Ear, and it'd be uncomfortable
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2013, 04:50:39 pm »

Firejackets sounds awesome.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:49 pm »

I don't think telling the firejackets to go nest should take any mana. It'd be like telling your followers what to do. So tell them to nest in the nearby trees for now, and tell the villagers to start making artificial nests for them to live in. Also fire nectar should be consumable as well, like very sweet and spicy honey. To followers at least. Burns everyone else, and can be used as a sort of napalm.

Oh, and the nests should be fireproof so the villagers can stoke fires under them to help the firejackets multiply.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:07:38 pm by Pufferfish »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2013, 05:13:16 pm »

The nests the villagers make? Certainly. Do we know the town's name? Because it's specialty will soon be fire-nectar, and the world will crave it. Should be sweet and spicy, edible, usable in crafting ingredients. Doesn't burn people on it's own(the flies should be magic, what they make? not so much.). Should NOT be usable as napalm, but should be distillable into a very potent alcohol.

We don't need Mahir blowing up our food barrels.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2013, 05:37:28 pm »

No no, the fact that it burns nonbelievers on contact would have made it napalm, plus the fact that it was sticky. But becoming an economic powerhouse because of it will be awesome. Though we should keep the secret alchemical abilities of the nectar a secret, at least until Mahir is dealt with.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2013, 05:49:10 pm »

I don't think telling the firejackets to go nest should take any mana. It'd be like telling your followers what to do. So tell them to nest in the nearby trees for now, and tell the villagers to start making artificial nests for them to live in. Also fire nectar should be consumable as well, like very sweet and spicy honey. To followers at least. Burns everyone else, and can be used as a sort of napalm.

Oh, and the nests should be fireproof so the villagers can stoke fires under them to help the firejackets multiply.
In future, please specify ahead of time if you wish your creations to be able to produce something such as Fire Nector. This time though, I'll just retroactively add it to their creation.

At a single mental insinuation from you, your new Firejackets take to the trees around the village, burning their way into the wood to carve nests for themselves. They can multiply with just heat, you know, but to produce Fire-Nector they need tree nests. As you watch, a firejacket laps at the sap oozing into it's newly carved nest, and begins converting the substance.

In a day or so, the first batch of Fire-Nector should be ready for harvesting.

That done, you propel your awareness to the village Maher revealed to you. Time for some scouting.

The first thing that stands out is the gigantic holy symbol flying from the town's shrine, upon which is an image of a skeleton with lightning in one hand and a crafting hammer in the other.

Secondly, you watch as a line of villagers, each hauling a coffin, bring their cargo to the shrine. You cannot enter the shrine, but you peer inside and see robed figures attending to tables laden with corpses. One raises a hand, and touches a skeleton lightly on the skull, and a spark of black energy leaps inside the corpse. A moment later, it shudders and it's eyes darken, as if glowing with an absence of light. It rises, shambling off of the table out and through the back entrance of the shrine, to join a force of several hundred animated corpses standing in formation.

What do you do?

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 130