Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Gardening with herbal magicks!  (Read 21827 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Gardening with herbal magicks!
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2022, 04:08:15 pm »

That's cool, I didn't know that
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 21, 2022, 12:10:51 am »

some cold-hardy vegetables need this also.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2024, 02:11:30 pm »

I was able to get 9 potatoes planted.
Max avatar size is 80x80

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2024, 08:53:55 pm »

fatten mighty potaters the power of ra compels
let

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2024, 04:16:31 am »

With the strength of Ra our potatoes shall multiply and prosper. 八^-^
Max avatar size is 80x80

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2024, 05:08:16 pm »

So, I've been introducing a friend to spicy food, and she's shown a remarkable tolerance for it (for a Norwegian), and decided to be pretty tough one day when she was out with some other friends, so she ordered the "spicy" curry option at the place they went to.

Turns out this place was one of only a handful in this country that makes actually spicy food if you ask for it, and she ended up with a dish that was not only far beyond her level, but that had a whole-ass Carolina Reaper pepper on it as garnish.

And, to try and "get back" at me for encouraging her to do all this, she got the dish to go and brought it to me... On a whim, I decided to try and extract the seeds to see if I could get anything to sprout. They're probably terminator/irradiated, but there was nothing to lose so why not? But after planting, all the pots were empty, barren... For weeks, nothing happened.

...until something did start sprouting in the one pot, which I figured might've been some other random seed/sprig/whatever that'd gotten in there.

Yeah, nah. Funny thing about Reaper plants; you can smell the capsaicin on the damn leaves.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2024, 06:55:50 pm »

A carolina reaper totally might be a a self sterile cultivar. I have no idea. Would seeds preserve in oil?
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2024, 10:52:14 pm »

So, I've been introducing a friend to spicy food, and she's shown a remarkable tolerance for it (for a Norwegian), and decided to be pretty tough one day when she was out with some other friends, so she ordered the "spicy" curry option at the place they went to.

Turns out this place was one of only a handful in this country that makes actually spicy food if you ask for it, and she ended up with a dish that was not only far beyond her level, but that had a whole-ass Carolina Reaper pepper on it as garnish.

And, to try and "get back" at me for encouraging her to do all this, she got the dish to go and brought it to me... On a whim, I decided to try and extract the seeds to see if I could get anything to sprout. They're probably terminator/irradiated, but there was nothing to lose so why not? But after planting, all the pots were empty, barren... For weeks, nothing happened.

...until something did start sprouting in the one pot, which I figured might've been some other random seed/sprig/whatever that'd gotten in there.

Yeah, nah. Funny thing about Reaper plants; you can smell the capsaicin on the damn leaves.

A lot of chilis/similar seeds are sun-activated and might do better if you put them on the surface of the pot instead of in it
Love, scriver~

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #308 on: Today at 04:48:15 am »

I was able to get 9 potatoes planted.
Planting potatoes have to be the most satisfying thing in my short gardening experience. I started in 2021 by just replanting food scraps in indoor pots, and ending up with a lot of potatoes seeds of various varieties. Now, all the borders of my garden have plants growing on them. Can't wait for the first harvest of the year soon.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]