Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 373670 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2910 on: February 22, 2016, 03:55:22 am »

Tal sighs and goes back to making sure the dog doesn't die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2911 on: February 22, 2016, 03:58:25 am »

Zach realises that the current situation is very serious and snaps out of child-mode, "Sorry, Tal... Just... trying to deal with stress. What can I do?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: February 22, 2016, 04:02:59 am »

"Grab a dialysis machine and a doctor who's familiar with dogs, or just a doctor if not. Dog needs to have his blood filtered, hence the dialysis machine."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: February 22, 2016, 04:07:02 am »

Just as Tal said that, a dialysis seems to have already been brought to where the dog is! How beneficial.

Zachary's still looking over Clint, and the tools to save the sleeping dog seems to be here now. Everything should be just fine. Hopefully.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: February 22, 2016, 04:12:52 am »

Did we get someone actually trained in using a dialysis?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2915 on: February 22, 2016, 04:44:33 am »

"Hey, Tal, just a thought... how many stims did Frazz have? And how many are still here and would he attempt to break back in to snatch them?" Zach tells two passing soldiers to go and search Frazz's quarters, but under no circumstances are they to inject themselves. Anything illegal (cocaine, heroin, etc) could possibly explain his actions.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: February 22, 2016, 05:27:15 am »

"There are armed guards at the perimeter and the exterior of the camp is lit in 300 meters in all directions. I do not think he will be able to sneak back in. Honesty my theory is the Stims he's been using have been causing some severe deterioration in his brain. With how often he uses them and based on how he likely has been using them for years, it's almost the equivalent of watching someone waste away addicted to heroin or some other illegal substance. I'm sure at one point in the past he was sane and stable."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2917 on: February 22, 2016, 05:32:08 am »

"I know... He just seemed... nice, if a little odd. It's not like he wanted to do anything malicious, he just didn't think that it wasn't a good idea even when told so... Either way I believe the higher-ups have some explaining to do as to why he was put on the team in the first place."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: February 22, 2016, 05:57:21 am »

"My running theory is that the higher ups were drunk and thought it would be funny. Frazz needs a therapist and a lot of medical and psychological help, not to be tossed into a corporate military. Despite outwards appearances I am not a babysitter for mentally unstable people. Everyone on the team is stable and more or less sane. A few quirks here and there, but when it comes down to it, everyone can be described as 'Reliable.' When you're trying siege an ancient structure infested with lesser horrors and abominations, anyone who is not reliable is a liability. The reason the team as worked so well so far is because everyone does what they do very well, everyone gets along barring some playful teasing, everyone is reliable and knows to point out if they don't think they can handle something alone, and everyone has realistic assumptions of what they are capable of. As an example, sure you act like a little kid sometimes, and it's most likely a way you destress, but when something serious is going on you immediately snap to attention and do your best to help out and fix the problem."

"Frazz is.. None of those. He's not reliable despite having very clear ground rules spelled out that are easy to follow and would make him reliable if he did follow such, he hasn't been getting along with many members of the squad barring one or two exceptions, he doesn't really have any specialties to speak of beyond dabbling with chemistry, and he has very very very unrealistic views of what he is capable of. A big example would be how he mangled a squad member's arm and delayed the mission by two weeks with said insane stunt, repeatedly tried injecting squadmembers with potentially lethal and untested chemical mixtures for no apparent reason other then shits and giggles despite being told that he is absolutely forbidden from doing such, and most recently possibly killed a dog with tranq overdose and compromised the camp's security in an absolutely insane decision to flee rather then being arrested and sent back on the next supply drop to see the corporate therapist for a long, long session and probable internment at a mental ward until he showed a sufficient level of stability to function in society."

"Sure he's done a couple good things, but a a few good things don't counteract a rather large number of insane stunts that have nearly gotten multiple people killed and nothing more then luck having prevented such. He's someone better fit for being in R&D, not someone fit for frontline field duty. I mean, half of the R&D staff literally live in the corporate mental ward. It's not like we'd find that many creative people with the requisite technical skills anywhere else. Frazz would fit right in."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2919 on: February 22, 2016, 06:35:07 am »

"Even so..." Zach says, turning towards the direction Frazz ran, "It seems... inhuman to let him run off and get himself killed. You said it yourself. He needs to see a therapist, not the Grim Reaper. I don't wish death on anyone... Even with Alan, I don;t want anyone dead, but I do want justice. If killing things is the only way to do that, then fine. But Frazz didn't behead my brother. Frazz is messed up in the head, but not the same way Alan is."
Zach sighs, "I probably could've handled the corporate arrest a bit better."

((If my character had a dramatic reveal... this would be when I would reveal it.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2920 on: February 22, 2016, 06:36:07 am »

((504 error resulting in doublepost... also this thread is always in my recently updated list... even when I mark all messages as read this one stays?))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:38:55 am by Insanegame27 »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: February 22, 2016, 06:38:59 am »

((Dramatic reveal. Vigil isnt a man. Man.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: February 22, 2016, 06:47:47 am »

"I'm not going to jeopardize the lives of people within the camp to fetch a mentally off kilter chemist. He can come back disarmed to be sent back next supply run or he can go and get himself killed. I'd prefer if he didn't get himself killed, but at this point it doesn't make sense to go after him with that army mustering. Ideally he'll realize he's running directly into an army and will turn around and come back. It's not like he doesn't have spectator tier access for the drones on his PDA. He can see what the Rome sees if he bothers to check. Can't control them obviously though, doesn't have the requisite software or access."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2923 on: February 22, 2016, 06:49:50 am »

"Are there any free Romes? I kinda want to see what happens to Frazz... Then again I kinda don't. He didn't have a weapon on him, did he? Only that tranq gun?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: February 22, 2016, 07:17:16 am »

"There should be two on general patrol. Thing is though, he's running on a flat, open area. You can see him from camp if you grab some binoculars."
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 612